IGNORED

Joey O'Brien

ollywhyte

3 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Not another go at Little. I thought he didn't put a foot wrong today and certainly wasn't to blame for the goal or much else. But he still gets scapegoated.

1 good dame, hes a risk and in my opinion an average league one right back at best, gets caught out too often and can't control the ball

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The blokes a liability no matter how he played today. 

He is no where near good enough to play Championship standard football.

When did we last conceed a goal that was clearly Little's fault? How many players have never been responsible for a goal against?

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

1 good dame, hes a risk and in my opinion an average league one right back at best, gets caught out too often and can't control the ball

His run of good games earlier in the season coincided with our best form of the season. 

Never mind though, lets slaughter him until he has no confidence regardless.

Little struggles playing at home more than anything. Fans get on his back a lot quicker than they would any other player & then he no longer wants to run at people or play more than a 5 yard pass. He's not great, but he's not awful either. Yesterday he was our best player.

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Little struggles playing at home more than anything. Fans get on his back a lot quicker than they would any other player & then he no longer wants to run at people or play more than a 5 yard pass. He's not great, but he's not awful either. Yesterday he was our best player.

It's Fontaine all over again.

The constant need for a scapegoat by some is tragic and detrimental to the players.

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's Fontaine all over again.

The constant need for a scapegoat by some is tragic and detrimental to the players.

Some people just have to do it mate, with some it seems like it`s their main reason for going to games. If it wasn`t Mark it would be someone else. I put a lot of it down to jealousy personally.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Some people just have to do it mate, with some it seems like it`s their main reason for going to games. If it wasn`t Mark it would be someone else. I put a lot of it down to jealousy personally.

I think you could be right about the jealousy. I can take solace in that it isn't just our fans (France and Arsenal fans with Giroud is a very clear case outside of Bristol).

Wasn't it Pack last season, who was then one of our best players after LJ came in?

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think you could be right about the jealousy. I can take solace in that it isn't just our fans (France and Arsenal fans with Giroud is a very clear case outside of Bristol).

Wasn't it Pack last season, who was then one of our best players after LJ came in?

Used to fluctuate between him and Luke Freeman IIRC.

Feel sorry for Little, as others have said he is a trier who never stints for effort.

Perhaps the real question should be what have we had out of Matthews so far for 5 months (probably very high) wages?

I'll tell you, not much.

Generally...

Little is shit, you clearly don't know a lot if you think he's good, wether a goal is directly is fault or not. Often lost in no mans land, has lost his pace due to bulking up for the Championship (same as Freeman, Smith & Bryan imo), he can't take a man on let alone cross a ball.

What does he do for us? Defend 'okay' at times, doesn't get the ball in to the box and can't pass it through the middle. It's either hit and run down the wing or pass to whoever's in goal.

26 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Generally...

Little is shit, you clearly don't know a lot if you think he's good, wether a goal is directly is fault or not. Often lost in no mans land, has lost his pace due to bulking up for the Championship (same as Freeman, Smith & Bryan imo), he can't take a man on let alone cross a ball.

What does he do for us? Defend 'okay' at times, doesn't get the ball in to the box and can't pass it through the middle. It's either hit and run down the wing or pass to whoever's in goal.

Apart from your post being exaggerated guff, you're also defending people trying to demolish the confidence of what is one of our current first team players. What an utterly terrible idea.

No one has said on this thread that Little is a great or even good Championship defender, regardless by all accounts Little had a good game yesterday, and his run of good form earlier this season coincided with our best results of the season.

On one hand we could get behind the bloke and support him while he does his job to the best of his ability until a replacement comes in. One the other hand we could give him abuse at every opportunity until, like with Fontaine, he actually does become a liability.

And no, he isn't a liability as it is right now, as he currently offers more as a RB than anyone else we have, and while a better player would be preferable, if it makes anyone a liability it is the others in that position. Matthews is a better player, but for whatever reason he just isn't up to last years standard, that is the main issue.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Apart from your post being exaggerated guff, you're also defending people trying to demolish the confidence of what is one of our current first team players. What an utterly terrible idea.

No one has said on this thread that Little is a great or even good Championship defender, regardless by all accounts Little had a good game yesterday, and his run of good form earlier this season coincided with our best results of the season.

On one hand we could get behind the bloke and support him while he does his job to the best of his ability until a replacement comes in. One the other hand we could give him abuse at every opportunity until, like with Fontaine, he actually does become a liability.

And no, he isn't a liability as it is right now, as he currently offers more as a RB than anyone else we have, and while a better player would be preferable, if it makes anyone a liability it is the others in that position. Matthews is a better player, but for whatever reason he just isn't up to last years standard, that is the main issue.

I don't get on his back, I post on a forum about him, don't shout or groan at games. He's not doing 'to bad a job' right now but he's by far off the quality we should have there.

12 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I don't get on his back, I post on a forum about him, don't shout or groan at games. He's not doing 'to bad a job' right now but he's by far off the quality we should have there.

Interested to know from other OTIB contributors what other positions this applies to. My own opinion would be every position but there I would like to be walking away with the league like Newcastle are doing with a team that could hold it's own in the premiership ( or whatever it's called ) but I also don't mind watching football in a more interseting league like we are in.

Archived