IGNORED

west midland police

cityred exile

There are football officers dedicated to each league and conference teams in the uk. It's probably the best job ever !!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Policing shouldn't be less robust by law enforcement agencies wanting to get back for the X Factor.

Not keen on X factor, Sky gold were showing repeats of the Sweeney so needed to be home by 8!!!

5 hours ago, RedM said:

I was talking to the stewards after Fulham last year, talking about different clubs and their reputations etc. Apparently we have a name for getting flares/smoke bomb things into grounds. The stewards were told to look for that. 

I'm guessing the reason of the name is because there were smoke bombs being let off after Tomlin's winner last season at Fulham.

44 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I'm guessing the reason of the name is because there were smoke bombs being let off after Tomlin's winner last season at Fulham.

No, it was at that match I was chatting to the stewards after. They knew to expect flares prior to this match. When they said they had been expecting them as they were told we liked then I said 'well you didn't find the ones that got in today did you?', they laughed and said there had been 3 that afternoon. 

This year though they must have got a bit wise, they had sniffer dogs! I was told it was for explosives not drugs. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

No, it was at that match I was chatting to the stewards after. They knew to expect flares prior to this match. When they said they had been expecting them as they were told we liked then I said 'well you didn't find the ones that got in today did you?', they laughed and said there had been 3 that afternoon. 

This year though they must have got a bit wise, they had sniffer dogs! I was told it was for explosives not drugs. 

Ahh apologies. I read your post wrong, it's been a long day!

2 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Must agree that it was the most low key policing thay I've seen from the WM Police. Most welcome and surprise surprise all was peaceful . 

Maybe they've seen the pickle South Yorkshire police have got themselves into and decided they didn't need the hassle . 

Don't forget that it was the WMP who "investigated" the SYP conduct at Hillsborough.

On 21/11/2016 at 14:09, RedM said:

I was talking to the stewards after Fulham last year, talking about different clubs and their reputations etc. Apparently we have a name for getting flares/smoke bomb things into grounds. The stewards were told to look for that. 

Think the Charlton night game away flare a few years ago has to go down as one of the best night games for me. The Met never expected all that to turn up! Good night! Pretty impressive flare from what I can remember.

Archived