IGNORED

That penalty

Londoner

Thought it was a pen at the game,  looking at it a very clever dive. I have sympathy with the ref and line as the Reading player has got his angle spot on to deceive both officials. This is cheating . I've seen lots of it this season against us and from one of our own. It disgusts me. 

Must admit I missed the incident at the match, I think I thought the ball was going nowhere and glanced over at something else for a split second. I saw the disbelief moments after and the reaction and everyone was saying no way a penalty. Now I have seen it its even worse than I thought. Shocking, shocking decision that cost us points today I'm sure.  The Ref and his assistants need to be held accountable for this somehow.

I am more annoyed by the officials than the player. Clear dive but the reality is we have a player (Tomlin) who dives on a regular basis so it is a bit rich for us to have a moan at them. The officials who were conned by it are the problem. Magnusson doesn't even break stride so how it could possibly be a foul I have no idea! 

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Good point.  It's relying too much on Abraham that's the problem.  The other players aren't clinical with their finishing. By the way, is there an end of season award for awful missed chances? If so, with this one and the Cardiff miss, Bobby must be the leading contender.

And QPR 

41 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I've been saying this for a while but this sport really does need to introduce video technology. I often here bull about how it will interrupt the game and take a while but when we have goal keepers holding a ball for 20 seconds and going unpunished that arguement doesn't stack up.

I think I heard that live video reffing is being trialled at one of the junior euros this summer...can't recall details atm though.

What an awful decision. Even if you accept that Mags caught him (which I don't think he did) the contact was nowhere near the ball, the player was heading away from goal and Mags wasn't making a challenge. It was an accidental tangle of legs at worst. The standard of refereeing just seems to be getting worse and worse

10 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

If the referee had the balls to say that was a penalty, he should have the balls to hold his hand up and say that he got the decision entirely wrong and apologise. 

Shouldn't be allowed to referee another City game this season  

He probably would if he was allowed to 

8 hours ago, super_scotty_murray said:

I am more annoyed by the officials than the player. Clear dive but the reality is we have a player (Tomlin) who dives on a regular basis so it is a bit rich for us to have a moan at them. The officials who were conned by it are the problem. Magnusson doesn't even break stride so how it could possibly be a foul I have no idea! 

Conning the ref should not be part of the game.  I will always blame the player when it comes to diving, be it one of ours or the opposition, absolutely disgusting whoever does it.

The ref is there to make sporting decisions and retain discipline, they should not have to cope with blatant play acting.

Retrospective action needs to be applied to all blatant cheats in the same way as it is to violence.

There will always be controversial decisions but they should be limited to offsides and timing of tackles.  Truly unsporting behaviour should be penalised and I include any City player in that, indeed I'd welcome it.

The only way to stop diving without turning the game into rugby with video replays is retrospective bans. If every week a group of officials looked over dubious fouls and dives then handed out 1 or 2 game bans for players clearly diving or overreacting to gain an advantage. Managers would soon start clamping down on it internally. What use is a cheating player if he's always banned. 

15 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Good point.  It's relying too much on Abraham that's the problem.  The other players aren't clinical with their finishing. By the way, is there an end of season award for awful missed chances? If so, with this one and the Cardiff miss, Bobby must be the leading contender.

Once again.Bobby did not MISS it was a clearance by there defender as shown on sky replay

Archived