IGNORED

That penalty

Londoner

10 hours ago, redmycolour said:

Once again.Bobby did not MISS it was a clearance by there defender as shown on sky replay

Eh? No defender was involved - Bobby missed from a yard out cos he hit it straight at the keeper and put the rebound over.

And not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere, but shouldn't we have been given a pen for blatant handball at the end?

10 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it was as blatant a dive as you will ever see, if there was any justice in the game the player would receive a 6 game ban as would the referee, but football and justice are not words often heard in the same sentence.

That's how I feel, and yet a coach get's sent to the stands for kicking a water bottle, but to cheat a team out of at least 1 point by simulating a foul is to me far more serious and is ruining the game. How on earth could the lino make that call looking at the angle we was, and the ref didn't see it...then Why? If there was any doubt, you don't give it.

Need for the FA to take action on blatant cheating. They've already got the powers... bringing the game into disrepute. Use them FFS. 

In instances like this one, the offender should have a three match ban and then, an additional ban for one match for the game against the Club who were victims of the cheat. 

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

I didn't see him put his flag across his chest which indicates a penalty - maybe I missed it but I looked over as soon as the guy flung himself to the floor. 

Whatever, its done now and the bloke cheated a goal - maybe its just a coincidence that Reading have been awarded the highest amount of penalties so far this season (9 apparently)...

Same here didn't see him signal at all. That must be in the championship as the gas have had 29!!

1 hour ago, Super said:

So he signalled a pen before the ref gave it?

The ref didn't give it, he looked over at the Lino.....who started waving his flag a few seconds after the ball went out of play..

He didn't signal the flag across his chest, he just waved it about like the inept clown he was.

I saw it clearly.

It was a terrible decision. One of the frustrating things about supporting a smaller team is the lack of attention this scandaous incompetence gets. Not sure why the ref didn't overrule the linesman his view was just as good. Added to that the same linesman failed to see the handball right in front of him in stoppage time - a ball dropping down with a lot of time to make a decision, and a player controls it with his arm - it's just weak officiating. I also saw change in decision when he gave us an (obvious) corner after everyone shouted at him after he'd give a goal kick. Some of the worst officiating I've seen.

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? No defender was involved - Bobby missed from a yard out cos he hit it straight at the keeper and put the rebound over.

And not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere, but shouldn't we have been given a pen for blatant handball at the end?

The first bit there they were referencing the Cardiff game.

And once again. When the ball is pushed into your face at point blank range you tend to have not much control on where it goes.

Never mind though let's keep perpetuating falshoods and sharpening the knives.

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

The ref didn't give it, he looked over at the Lino.....who started waving his flag a few seconds after the ball went out of play..

He didn't signal the flag across his chest, he just waved it about like the inept clown he was.

I saw it clearly.

They don't use the flag across the chest anymore, they agitate the flag like for a free kick then point it towards the corner flag,  then move down next to it. 

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The first bit there they were referencing the Cardiff game.

And once again. When the ball is pushed into your face at point blank range you tend to have not much control on where it goes.

Never mind though let's keep perpetuating falshoods and sharpening the knives.

I'm not perpetuating fals(e)hoods or sharpening any knives, I merely said Bobby missed from a yard out as he hit it straight at the keeper. 

Not sure how any of that is false...

2 hours ago, KevP said:

Hopefully your reply rhymed with "luck"...??

Something like that, apparently they've had bad luck for the last couple seasons and it's told karma is on their side. 

Karma is most def not on our side though, I hope our luck changes soon, I believe it will, but it's this division, we are way to good for league one, dare I say too big for league one, yet the championship has always been tough for us. I know it's a much tougher league, but decisions like this make it much harder, you'd think they'd have better officials watching the game, I don't know, I don't even know if to blame the officials, being conned like that, I guess it ain't their fault and like it was said it was luck, but bad luck for us

come on we're Bristol City we always believe

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm not perpetuating fals(e)hoods or sharpening any knives, I merely said Bobby missed from a yard out as he hit it straight at the keeper. 

Not sure how any of that is false...

He didn't miss. It was saved, and did well to get it on target considering it came suddenly at an awkward angle behind him. The keeper knocked it straight back into him and luckily for them it balloons over.  

At first glance it looks like a shocking waste and easier to score than to miss, but slow it down and deconstruct it and the unfortunate truth appears!

The FA guidelines for Assistant Referees – fouls in and around the penalty area

Last updated on 01 July 2014

The FA guidelines for Assistant Referees – fouls in and around the penalty area

Some assistant referees use a flag across the chest to signal a penalty kick (see right). This signal is not in the Laws of the Game and is not approved by FIFA, UEFA and is used by very few (if any) other FAs. 

Use of the signal draws unnecessary attention to the assistant referee which can create dissent and management problems. It also potentially creates conflict if used at the same time as the referee is indicating/deciding not to award a penalty kick.

The FA Referees’ Committee (in consultation with PGMOL) has thus decided that this signal should no longer be used and the following procedure should be adopted.

10 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Something like that, apparently they've had bad luck for the last couple seasons and it's told karma is on their side. 

Karma is most def not on our side though, I hope our luck changes soon, I believe it will, but it's this division, we are way to good for league one, dare I say too big for league one, yet the championship has always been tough for us. I know it's a much tougher league, but decisions like this make it much harder, you'd think they'd have better officials watching the game, I don't know, I don't even know if to blame the officials, being conned like that, I guess it ain't their fault and like it was said it was luck, but bad luck for us

come on we're Bristol City we always believe

I genuinely believe Officials whether they mean to or not, definitely "favour" the ex prem teams. Ive witnessed some referees laughing and joking with prem/ex prem players, calling them by their nicknames/christian names etc. Just my opinion of course...

14 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Jack stam played alongside some of the best divers (van nistelrooy, robben etc). Maybe cheating is coached into players 

I know for a fact certain players practice going down. It's an 'art'...it is actually very difficult to do convincingly. The pace of the game makes it easier to deceive the officials though.

13 minutes ago, KevP said:

I genuinely believe Officials whether they mean to or not, definitely "favour" the ex prem teams. Ive witnessed some referees laughing and joking with prem/ex prem players, calling them by their nicknames/christian names etc. Just my opinion of course...

I've also noticed this. It is a problem. When you see officials 'licking arse' with more famous players, you know you are in for a difficult afternoon.

No favouritism apart from home teams get more penalties as like to say fact, no conspiracies to big boys and Reading aint big. too much whining going on, refs make mistakes move on and it is not the refs who are telling City not to turn up for the first forty five minutes or City players cannot hit the net from three feet out.

as for diving being an art. no its cheating. go out in Ashton park and tell the kids in front of their parents playing to dive because its ART and see what reaction you get. Nothing cute or clever about it.

17 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

No favouritism apart from home teams get more penalties as like to say fact, no conspiracies to big boys and Reading aint big. too much whining going on, refs make mistakes move on and it is not the refs who are telling City not to turn up for the first forty five minutes or City players cannot hit the net from three feet out.

as for diving being an art. no its cheating. go out in Ashton park and tell the kids in front of their parents playing to dive because its ART and see what reaction you get. Nothing cute or clever about it.

Why do you think I put the word Art as 'ART'....of course it's cheating. But it's still taught. Obviously you've watched English kids and their parents. Go to Italy and see a different reaction as an example. Many other countries don't see it as cheating...it's seen as being clever. It's cultural...it goes on in all parts of their life. That's why lots of cultures laugh at us Brits queueing...if you can get to the front, they will applaud you, not go mental at you. Foreign 'culture' has infiltrated British sport...and diving is an 'ART' that has come to the fore.

As for no favouritism from referee's...why do you think certain managers and players find out about a referee's family, wife and children. Ask how they are...know when it's their kids birthday etc. Give a card or present? Do this enough times, and it's a lot harder to book a player. Doesn't happen all the time...and it is subliminal...but it does happen with some of the bigger teams. It's all about finding an edge these days. The smallest of margins count.

Of course refs make mistakes and there is no favouritism...but subliminally you can often waiver a 50-50 call.

Archived