IGNORED

Formation

old_eastender

Whilst we can wait in hope for the Jan transfer window, I'd like to see us making best use of what we have. As much as this will be unpopular with some, I'd like to see us play Cotts formation...Joe.B is tailor made to play LWB and either GON or Smith could play RWB, so something like this:

FF

Moore,  Flint, Mags

GON/Smith                                           Bryan

Reid           Pack/Smith/GON       Freeman

Engval/Wilbs/Tomlin           Tammy

I'd try the Chelsea formation, 3-4-3, with Tomlin Engvall and Abraham as the 3 forwards, this way Tomlin who hates tracking back can be covered with ease. Similar to Hazard. 

Also 3 at the back gives Little more protection, it gives Flint more options to pass to when he's on the ball AND Joe Bryans best position is LWB. 

16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'd go:

Frankie

Moore Flint Mags

Little      GON Reid Smith   Bryan

Engvall          Tammy        

I said elsewhere we have the players to suit this, could even fit Tomlin in the 3 CM and still be fairly solid. 

This could be a very good system if the 3 CB's stay disciplined  , the reason we struggled under Cott's with this , is we were too gung ho !

23 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I said elsewhere we have the players to suit this, could even fit Tomlin in the 3 CM and still be fairly solid. 

This could be a very good system if the 3 CB's stay disciplined  , the reason we struggled under Cott's with this , is we were too gung ho !

forgot all about tomlin haha might put him in for smith but that's very attacking

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Wasn't too long ago everyone was slating 3-5-2 and blaming it for our relegation fight. Now people think it will improve us ??? OTIB is so fickle!

All about having the right players to fit that system, in my opinion Moore has looked quality in the little time we have seen him, so a back 3 of Moore, Flint, Mags I reckon would give us a solid platform and playing with wing backs would perhaps enable us to get behind teams which we rarely do now.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Wasn't too long ago everyone was slating 3-5-2 and blaming it for our relegation fight. Now people think it will improve us ??? OTIB is so fickle!

It's how you play it. If the 3 CB's 'stay' then you have cover where the attack comes from, Cott's was far too gung ho with it. The only defender not bombing on was Flint, it was like schoolboy football at times. 

Archived