IGNORED

ex City Manager Tony Pulis ordered to pay £3.7 million pounds

Never to the dark side

I remember the dire days of Pirate Pulis and his snivelling little sidekick.  Couldn't be arsed to even write his own programme notes for us, barely acknowledged our fans - his disdain of us couldn't have been much clearer. The football was the worst - recall many conversations with other fans - those who had supported City and turned up to games for many years who eventually stopped going because it was soul-destroying watching us play that way and the heart being ripped out of the players.  He deserves everything bad that comes his way.  If this were you or I though, wouldn't this be classed as fraud?  And hasn't he brought the game into disrepute with his lying and cheating?  Throw him into jail and throw away the key!

28 minutes ago, Red Onion said:

I remember the dire days of Pirate Pulis and his snivelling little sidekick.  Couldn't be arsed to even write his own programme notes for us, barely acknowledged our fans - his disdain of us couldn't have been much clearer. The football was the worst - recall many conversations with other fans - those who had supported City and turned up to games for many years who eventually stopped going because it was soul-destroying watching us play that way and the heart being ripped out of the players.  He deserves everything bad that comes his way.  If this were you or I though, wouldn't this be classed as fraud?  And hasn't he brought the game into disrepute with his lying and cheating?  Throw him into jail and throw away the key!

Exactly. I remember after he left us being totally amazed at how he seems to be in such demand by clubs, always going from one job to another and coming up smelling of roses after sueing them for one reason or another. He must give a bloody good job interview to those blinded owners, he sets my fraudster radar off like a cheap conman 2nd hand car salesman would. I said something would catch up with him soon, Karma is a bitch right?

Delighted with this news. He put me through the most awful football, as you say dire days. It was soul destroying on every level seeing what he was doing to the club and the control he had. A nasty, nasty man, he despised us and would just about spit out his words he hated us so much. 

Although the court ruling is great news, I know there is lots of money sloshing about for such managers, it's still sickening to the core when you hear he has had millions of pounds in the first place. 

6 hours ago, Red Thai said:

A good friend of mine was born in Portsmouth and is a big Pompey fan.

I saw him the day they 'prized' Pulis away from us, he was elated, but couldn't understand why I was even happier than him, thanking him and shaking his hand...he was puzzled!

When I saw him a few weeks later he looked older and haggard, and not at all happy.  He looked at me and gave me that knowing, sad, nod of the head.

He then understood!

No words were needed!

Well a nods as good as a wink as they say,or in Tiny P's case,winker,I think that's what he's called.

14 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Triffic also appointed ex gas Lindsay Parsons as his assistant at AG and of course neither of them showed any warmth whatsoever to their former cross-city rivals. Pulis spent large amounts of folding money which we didn't have signing the likes of Steve Jones and Peter Beadle. Pulis was worse than Osman by some distance. His reign is the bleakest I can recall over my 55+ years of watching City.

I don't remember where I was when Kennedy was assassinated but I well remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard that Pompey were not only taking Pulis off our hands but paying us compensation!

In fairness Beadle was a good buy and downed the Gas .

:clap:

59 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness Beadle was a good buy and downed the Gas .

:clap:

He really wasn't.

A huge contract for 14 league goals scored over three and a half seasons..

He was just one of Pulis' least worst signings, who scored in a Bristol derby.

I remember chanting 'Pulis for Portsmouth' repeatedly for the entire game at Griffin Park shortly before he left. I don't remember anyone being so unwanted at the club.

The 2nd half of that season with Fawthrop / Rosenior / Burnside(?!) in charge was an absolute joy - partly because of the immense relief that Pulis had gone and partly because they chucked some very talented kids into the team who we really got behind, with the addition of Tony Thorpe.

The football was truly dire under Pulis.  I remember the OTIB fanzine said something along the lines of "a dark cloud has lifted over Ashton Gate" when he went and they were quite right.  After he left it was much better and I believe that was the season we got to the Paintpot final against Stoke and lost 1-0.  What some people forget is that Pulis was in the final 2 candidates against David Moyes who went on to do very well at Preston before going to Everton.

The season Osman was sacked was also dire but at least he had the win against Liverpool the season before.

1 hour ago, Red Bill said:

Anyone know what the "gross misconduct" at Gillingham was?

He went into his contract negotiations with Paul Scally with a microphone secretly hidden down his trousers.

I'm honestly not making that up..

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He was n't just about scoring goals .

Absolutely. Got a lot of stick from people around me at the time in the Atyeo E Block, I quite liked him to be fair. Bullied defenders and did a bit off the ball as well. 

Was never the greatest  of players, but better than many gave him credit for due to its days at the other lot.

3 hours ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

I remember chanting 'Pulis for Portsmouth' repeatedly for the entire game at Griffin Park shortly before he left. I don't remember anyone being so unwanted at the club.

The 2nd half of that season with Fawthrop / Rosenior / Burnside(?!) in charge was an absolute joy - partly because of the immense relief that Pulis had gone and partly because they chucked some very talented kids into the team who we really got behind, with the addition of Tony Thorpe.

The 2nd half of that season was great, we played some good football and rose up the league, had a cracking day out at our first trip to Wembley in years, despite the result, and best of all the Gas went from being top of the table to missing out on the playoffs completely on the last day of the season, a position that they've not recovered from since. 

On 28/11/2016 at 18:42, harrys said:

No way was he worse than Osman, that would be impossible 

Far worse, osman was given no money. was told to scrounge in non league or free transfers and quite rightly made us play defensive as we had, or the board were not willing to give any money to get any quality in. like him or loathe him Osman did a great job with the the resource the board at the time gave him

On the other hand Pulis had a load of cash and pocketed a load through selling akinbyi. like chalk and cheese if you really want to compare 

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He went into his contract negotiations with Paul Scally with a microphone secretly hidden down his trousers.

I'm honestly not making that up..

Well there's plenty of room down them,allegedly.

7 minutes ago, TRL said:

Far worse, osman was given no money. was told to scrounge in non league or free transfers and quite rightly made us play defensive as we had, or the board were not willing to give any money to get any quality in. like him or loathe him Osman did a great job with the the resource the board at the time gave him

On the other hand Pulis had a load of cash and pocketed a load through selling akinbyi. like chalk and cheese if you really want to compare 

The standard of football produced by Osman was the worst in my long years of following City 

On the whole I find this forum well balanced, where you can usually find decent comments both for and against any particular comment or point of view, whatever the topic. However it's quite telling that throughout this thread I don't believe there has been one single comment in defence of the man. Says it all then really - a slimy piece of sh#t who has got exactly what he deserves. I'm genuinely glad that so many people have got such a great sense of satisfaction...

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

The standard of football produced by Osman was the worst in my long years of following City 

Indeed. but take a look at the tools he had. and that was a directive from the board.

You can't Polish a turd. but he organised a turd

17 minutes ago, TRL said:

Indeed. but take a look at the tools he had. and that was a directive from the board.

You can't Polish a turd. but he organised a turd

I don't think the players he had at his disposal were that it was more a case of his bad management and style of play which was atrocious 

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 22:31, stawey said:

nasty slap headed barsteward him and that other skelitor  git  so gas,

and deserve  what they get, always remember what goes round comes

hit him in the pocket greedy git 

Am I correct in saying you don't like him ?

Archived