IGNORED

Plane crash with Brazilian side Chapecoense

TheCulturalBomb

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

So sad. Those poor families. Could be anybody's football team having being pretty much wiped out. Can't imagine that happening to us.  :( 

That was also the first thoughts that came to my mind as well Dolly...so Sad, and has so many effects on family and community.

I reminds me of the Munich Air disaster and the Busby Babes.

Also the Grande Torino team ( arguably the best Club football team ever to exist ) and the fatal air crash into the Superga.

I've visited the Superga and memorial to that fantastic team. Truly moving...it still has an effect on the Turin community. It ripped the heart out of the Club and all those involved in it. It still to this day has never recovered.

RIP to all those lost and thoughts to family and community. Terribly sad news.

So very sad. all of us who love our game must be feeling sad about hearing this news, our thoughts must go to the families of those who died. I believe a minutes silence before the match Saturday would show the world we care even though they were never known personally to us. RIP

49 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I  believe a minutes silence should be observed at all senior games on Saturday, such a terrible tragedy and my condolences go to all the relatives. Is there anyone from this Forum who is in contact with  Adam Baker, who can perhaps suggest it.

Tagging him in this @AdamB maybe the powers that be nationally will come out and announce something. 

Such a sad day but the kind,  generous and heartfelt pledges and support shown by the worldwide football family is so touching.  

Once sat with a guy in his 90's at old Trafford who told me all about being in Manchester when the Munich disaster happened.  Very moving, you don't expect similar to happen. 

Do we only have red and blue lights at the gate. .. ? 

23 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Such a sad day but the kind,  generous and heartfelt pledges and support shown by the worldwide football family is so touching.  

Once sat with a guy in his 90's at old Trafford who told me all about being in Manchester when the Munich disaster happened.  Very moving, you don't expect similar to happen. 

Do we only have red and blue lights at the gate. .. ? 

Probably not, disappointed to see the club hasn't given the tragedy and mention or condolences on social media or the city website. The majority of teams in the top 2 tiers have.

Archived