IGNORED

If you do one thing today

Bristol Rob

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Make it 'time to read this'.

Inside Italy’s ultras: the dangerous fans who control the game

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/01/nside-talys-ultras-the-dangerous-fans-who-control-the-game?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Cracking bit of journalism.

We don't want none of that here now .

:mafia:

Show respect or you'll be feedin' fishes.

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Make it 'time to read this'.

Inside Italy’s ultras: the dangerous fans who control the game

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/01/nside-talys-ultras-the-dangerous-fans-who-control-the-game?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Cracking bit of journalism.

Excellent article. Unfortunately there are some deluded City fans who don't really know what Ultras are all about. 

Yep - kinda proves we don't have, and never have had, true 'Ultras' - just wannabes who use the term to big themselves up.

I love all the attempts to create a better atmosphere at The Gate, but we simply do not have an 'Ultras' group - just be satisfied to be known as 'fans' because that is short for 'fanatics' - which demonstrates a pretty high level of commitment and passion anyway...

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep - kinda proves we don't have, and never have had, true 'Ultras' - just wannabes who use the term to big themselves up.

I love all the attempts to create a better atmosphere at The Gate, but we simply do not have an 'Ultras' group - just be satisfied to be known as 'fans' because that is short for 'fanatics' - which demonstrates a pretty high level of commitment and passion anyway...

I didn't really link the story to draw a comparison between our more vocal supporters and the Italians, just read the article and though it would be of interest.

That said, you're completely right, our vocal support is nothing like the 'ultra' movement in Italy.

I made time to read a little till " more ardent world of the “ultras” – tight-knit firms of fanatics, created not just to support a team but to promote the group’s own brand and business interests"

It is not worth reading after that. Ultra groups are not firms. The overwhelming majority have no brands or business interests. Its the type of shit article that has been used to malign fans in this Country = One is bad all bad.

Written by a belter with a English A level.

38 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I made time to read a little till " more ardent world of the “ultras” – tight-knit firms of fanatics, created not just to support a team but to promote the group’s own brand and business interests"

It is not worth reading after that. Ultra groups are not firms. The overwhelming majority have no brands or business interests. Its the type of shit article that has been used to malign fans in this Country = One is bad all bad.

Written by a belter with a English A level.

written by a belter with AN English A level

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I didn't really link the story to draw a comparison between our more vocal supporters and the Italians, just read the article and though it would be of interest.

That said, you're completely right, our vocal support is nothing like the 'ultra' movement in Italy.

When I was seven I was an Ultra, I used to stand behind the middle of the east/south which ever direction goalmouth  I will sleep soundly tonight in the knowledge I was before or after my time . but the odd penalty was fantastic.

Archived