IGNORED

Preston

reddevon

12 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

was 4-0 (Clarkson double) in 10-11 last time?

speaking of Clarkson I was trying to think of goals better than Freeman by City at AG (let's face it, Sidwells was a cracker for BHA) and Clarkson in the last minute vs Leicester in 10-12 springs to mind. 2-0 with Pitman also scoring.

Was that the one from about 35 yards? Where he just seemed too lazy (standard) to do anything apart from hit the ball first time.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

All looked a bit handbags to me and probably bookings would have been fairer given the timing and emotion at that stage of the game.

I thought this too. The cameras missed a little, but from what was shown it looked little more than a bit of pushing and shoving. If it was opposing players, it looked more like two yellows to me. On the basis two of their better players will miss us, will take it!

23 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Maynard scored some belters, as did Bradley but my favourite has to be Jimmy Mann v Shilton. I don`t think I`ve ever seen a ball hit that hard and that accurately before or since.

That's my favorite too. Although Noble's at Palace in the Play off is pretty decent as well. I remember thinking when he lined up too shoot 'No don't shoot from there.... oh great goal!!!' or words to that effect. :chant6ez:

When you watch it back it's just handbags really and if it were opposition players going at it I doubt it would've been a red card.

Still unacceptable though as Wednesday were down to 9 men through injuries and Forestieri being sent off (again) and we were well on top and looked set to at least equalise.

They aren't really missed whilst suspended. Beckford's a crock now and hardly ever plays, and Doyle's just crap.

Archived