IGNORED

Preston

reddevon

For those who remember that far back, the Ref took no action when Gerry Gow thumped team mate Bobby Gould during a game.

Either the Ref didn't know what to do in that circumstance, or else decided BG deserved it. Needless to say, the Evil Post match report AND editorial stated Gerry should have been sent off.

33 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Remember I think it was Orr and Carey fighting with each other on the pitch but think only one of them got sent off

Northampton away and with hindsight it was the turning point of the season.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

For those who remember that far back, the Ref took no action when Gerry Gow thumped team mate Bobby Gould during a game.

Either the Ref didn't know what to do in that circumstance, or else decided BG deserved it. Needless to say, the Evil Post match report AND editorial stated Gerry should have been sent off.

He should've been sent off as the laws of association football state. 

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

He should've been sent off as the laws of association football state. 

We were discussing this sort of thing at HT today. There was some Brazilian playing in Italy that had been booked earlier in a game this week yet removed his shirt after scoring to show a message of support to the poor players killed in the plane crash last week, only to be met with a red card for taking his shirt off.

I don't mind rules and laws but they have to have an element of human flexibility IMHO.

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

We were discussing this sort of thing at HT today. There was some Brazilian playing in Italy that had been booked earlier in a game this week yet removed his shirt after scoring to show a message of support to the poor players killed in the plane crash last week, only to be met with a red card for taking his shirt off.

I don't mind rules and laws but they have to have an element of human flexibility IMHO.

I know what you are saying and yes the refs are showing no common sense, unfortunately they are not allowed to by their bosses. 

16 minutes ago, shelts said:

I know what you are saying and yes the refs are showing no common sense, unfortunately they are not allowed to by their bosses. 

but like after the war the defence of just obeying orders was not accepted , life sucks and history is written by the winners

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Good.

We are long overdue a win against Preston.

was 4-0 (Clarkson double) in 10-11 last time?

speaking of Clarkson I was trying to think of goals better than Freeman by City at AG (let's face it, Sidwells was a cracker for BHA) and Clarkson in the last minute vs Leicester in 10-12 springs to mind. 2-0 with Pitman also scoring.

27 minutes ago, shelts said:

I'm sure if one ref stepped up to the mark a few more might.....I like common sense 

Problem is, they would get in trouble from the powers that be. The rules are you are not allowed to remove your shirt after you score and if you do, its a yellow card.

Common sense - why don't players keep their shirts on and give respect in a different way. Having some crudely drawn message of support on a sweaty undershirt vest is hardly the only way to show support!

8 hours ago, shelts said:

It's about emotion . Let's take this out of the game and have robots like the refs....

It's not spur of the moment emotion, to have a pre-written t-shirt on under your shirt, for incase you score though, is it..?

8 hours ago, grifty said:

Problem is, they would get in trouble from the powers that be. The rules are you are not allowed to remove your shirt after you score and if you do, its a yellow card.

Common sense - why don't players keep their shirts on and give respect in a different way. Having some crudely drawn message of support on a sweaty undershirt vest is hardly the only way to show support!

I really don't see why players taking their shirt off in celebration is a bookable offence, but indeed, the facts are, that it is. 

Why not think of another gesture..?

Although you can see why the authorities have to be strict on allowing messages to be sent to the wider audience, incase it gets abused. 

Of course, common sense is great, but to many people can abuse leniency, when it's applied. 

Some people take a booking to convey a message, which is fine. To do it when you are on a booking, without discussing and clearing it with the officials first, displays the biggest lack of common sense. 

12 hours ago, 22A said:

Alan Dicks substituted GG at halftime, if I remember correctly.

12 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

speaking of Clarkson I was trying to think of goals better than Freeman by City at AG (let's face it, Sidwells was a cracker for BHA) and Clarkson in the last minute vs Leicester in 10-12 springs to mind. 2-0 with Pitman also scoring.

Not at AG, but still a City goal and quoting from the history book.

In 1946/47 Ivor Guy scored at Ninnian Park from seventy two yards out! The ball did not bounce.

Archived