IGNORED

Luke Freemans "worldie" today.

Robbored

Of all the superlative's about superb, cracking, fantastic, beautiful, sublime, unbelievable, wonderful, etc etc goals, (all of which are fine) .... the one superlative that always bugs me is the so called ... 'WORLDIE' ... wow do I not like that word!

Who came up with that f cuk er?  ...and wtf has a domestically scored goal got to do with the rest of the World ffs?

There's no end of annoying words and phrases associated with the game nowadays, largely, I suspect, due to the competitive nature of radio and TV pundit's looking for a 'catchphrase' ... but the worst of 'em all as far as I'm concerned is the worldie of all superlatives .... the 'Worldie' soddin' goal!

27 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Of all the superlative's about superb, cracking, fantastic, beautiful, sublime, unbelievable, wonderful, etc etc goals, (all of which are fine) .... the one superlative that always bugs me is the so called ... 'WORLDIE' ... wow do I not like that word!

Who came up with that f cuk er?  ...and wtf has a domestically scored goal got to do with the rest of the World ffs?

There's no end of annoying words and phrases associated with the game nowadays, largely, I suspect, due to the competitive nature of radio and TV pundit's looking for a 'catchphrase' ... but the worst of 'em all as far as I'm concerned is the worldie of all superlatives .... the 'Worldie' soddin' goal!

Whistle ' not so ' Happy . :grr:

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

Whilst a great strike, still feel Tomlin's goal where he dribbled pass 2000 defenders and scored was better.

Always hard to compare dribbles and other types of goals to hits.

This is the best hit by a City player since Jimmy Mann 36 years ago!....But will always be second to that!

Great Goal Luke Freeman!

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Always hard to compare dribbles and other types of goals to hits.

This is the best hit by a City player since Jimmy Mann 36 years ago!....But will always be second to that!

Great Goal Luke Freeman!

IIRC Louis Carey hit a screamer from 30 yards when at RB. Not quite as far as Jimmy's though.

For those of us that are old enough and were there, we will never forget.

Jimmy picked the ball up just past the centre circle on the Dolman side moving toward the EE and something just went through his head....He hit it!!!!....It screamed into the top corner past England number one Peter Shilton

The club and everyone has looked for some video for years, but I have never seen any despite the game being filmed, by Jonathon Pierces dad I believe.

The fact no one can find anything to show it just adds to the legend!

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Jimmy picked the ball up just past the centre circle on the Dolman side moving toward the EE and something just went through his head....He hit it!!!!....It screamed into the top corner past England number one Peter Shilton

The club and everyone has looked for some video for years, but I have never seen any despite the game being filmed, by Jonathon Pierces dad I believe.

Best goal I`ve ever seen, before or since. I don`t think I`ve ever seen a ball hit so hard and so accurately.

Tells you something that those of us who saw it can still see it our mind`s eye all these years on.

30 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I was there and remember it well...It was absolutely persisting it down that Tuesday night..Paid twice to get in as we were in the open end that night and got drenched so decided to go over to the East end...In those days you only had to give it large to the away supporters and the old bill would march you around to the east end but that night they just chucked us out....Cracking goal though

7 hours ago, TDarwall said:

What about the skill & cross that directly led to the pen?? Or just after the goal the skill & cross that created a great chance for Tammy that was well saved?? Never let facts cloud an entrenched view though.

Not sure wot u mean. He made a contribution. I hope he does the biz for us as I do with every City player. Relax Tony

Archived