IGNORED

The Symmetry of our record so far

Jack Dawe

Well, it looks like symmetry to me.**

8 wins, 8 defeats (let's ignore the draws for now. I can't find any symmetry there. A draw at Huddersfield might improve this thread/line-of-thinking no end).

Of the 8 wins, 6 are against sides now in the bottom half of the table; and 2 against top half sides.

And our 8 defeats consist of 6 against top half sides; and 2 in the bottom half. 

This must be telling us something, probably something we already know*.

*probably, we need to buy in January; or, stick with 442/revert to 4321/some other minor tactical tinkering; pick Pack/not pick Pack; tell Matthews to "do one"; start games with more fire in our bellies; change coach; or simply, we are midtable fodder.

**the "punctuation police" get to throw their weight around on here enough; now's the chance for the "mathematics police" to let rip. Please, feel free.......

It's a strong championship this season. Some really good sides . The thing that encourages me about those 8 defeats is know one has really give us a hammering. Maybe excluding Brighton who I thought have been the best side we've played. With a bit more luck we could have taken something from a few of those defeats. A couple of signings in January I think we can secure a top 10 finish. With some good signings next summer I think we can have a real go at it . 

41 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I'm not so sure, when I look at our record against the top six or seven teams. Not any better than last season

Unless I've misinterpreted your point, that's a ridiculous summary, IMO. 

We all know we aren't at the levels of the top 6/7 teams in this league, yet. That is where we aspire to be in the next year or two. 

No better than last season..? Really..?!

We have significantly more points than the same stage last season and have held a consistently better league position. We have only lost 1 game all season by more than the odd goal (which was only by 2 goals)

I really can't fathom your basis for thinking we are no better than last season. 

24 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I counted 5 of those teams are in the bottom half because we beat them. 

Of course this needs to be taken into account. 

How many teams above are so because they beat us and how many below us that beat, would actually be above us with a 6 point swing..? 

Archived