IGNORED

New Changing Rooms in the Lansdown Stand

The Red Planet

I realise that fitting out the interior of the new stand was not complete for the start of the season, but why has it taken so long to finish the new changing rooms ? 

A lady who sits next to me in the Dolman is very well informed about the club and she told me on Saturday that the architects had made them too small and this was now being rectified.

Seems hard to believe that, as the the whole stadium redevelopment has been so well managed. 

Anyone know why this has taken so long and when they will be open ? 

Personally I am looking forward to seeing our team NOT entering and leaving the field in front of the away fans. 

Allegedly, your seat buddy is correct. We've had no definite confirmation but the rumour says that the changing room fit out was too small and then a wall had to be knocked down and rebuilt, which in turn would have meant that electrics and plumbing would have had to be rerouted. It's believed that the changing rooms are either near completion or are now completed and are undergoing the final internal fit out (ie decoration, furniture installation etc) and will be ready for use in late Dec or early Jan.

This is a rumour though. Like I said, we've had no confirmation from the powers that be.

36 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

I realise that fitting out the interior of the new stand was not complete for the start of the season, but why has it taken so long to finish the new changing rooms ? 

A lady who sits next to me in the Dolman is very well informed about the club and she told me on Saturday that the architects had made them too small and this was now being rectified.

Seems hard to believe that, as the the whole stadium redevelopment has been so well managed. 

Anyone know why this has taken so long and when they will be open ? 

Personally I am looking forward to seeing our team NOT entering and leaving the field in front of the away fans. 

Perhaps the flock wallpaper is very difficult to hang and they can't get the right type of rubber ducks to go in the players' baths.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Allegedly, your seat buddy is correct. We've had no definite confirmation but the rumour says that the changing room fit out was too small and then a wall had to be knocked down and rebuilt, which in turn would have meant that electrics and plumbing would have had to be rerouted. It's believed that the changing rooms are either near completion or are now completed and are undergoing the final internal fit out (ie decoration, furniture installation etc) and will be ready for use in late Dec or early Jan.

This is a rumour though. Like I said, we've had no confirmation from the powers that be.

did they install a shower especially for Colin?

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Well they messed up the size of the shop......

It's funny but oh so true. Too small and a horrible lay out. Couldn't go look at half the city merchandise as the queue was there. 27k people and a shop that struggles to hold 200. I know it's old news but I tried again on the weekend and was so angry at myself I did. Actually, the entire inside of the stadium is a bit small granted there is limited room. And who decided to put TVs up in the middle of the Dolman stand? Now you can barely walk there because everyone is standing in the middle. Oh well, rant over. Just seems it was thrown together without thinking a few things over. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's funny but oh so true. Too small and a horrible lay out. Couldn't go look at half the city merchandise as the queue was there. 27k people and a shop that struggles to hold 200. I know it's old news but I tried again on the weekend and was so angry at myself I did. Actually, the entire inside of the stadium is a bit small granted there is limited room. And who decided to put TVs up in the middle of the Dolman stand? Now you can barely walk there because everyone is standing in the middle. Oh well, rant over. Just seems it was thrown together without thinking a few things over. 

All concourses across the country that I've found myself in have been like that. In fact I'd say ours is one of the best, both in terms of space and finish quality. 

13 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maybe start a thread about the poor quality shop? Not sure it's been discussed before?

22 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

So.... they had to change the changing rooms - that makes a change!

Moan , moan , moan. 

Is it really important that the changing rooms are late or had to be changed slightly ?? No. And all you people who like moaning should really have a think about how lucky we are . I haven't spoke to many people who haven't enjoyed the new Ashton gate and small snagging problems like the size of the changing rooms etc are not exactly the end of the world .

but hey gives you bored OAPs something to moan about?

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Moan , moan , moan. 

Is it really important that the changing rooms are late or had to be changed slightly ?? No. And all you people who like moaning should really have a think about how lucky we are . I haven't spoke to many people who haven't enjoyed the new Ashton gate and small snagging problems like the size of the changing rooms etc are not exactly the end of the world .

I'm in my 30s you cheeky bugger... don't tarnish me with the OAP brush just yet. I feel old enough as it is!

15 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I heard from a reliable source within, which was before the start of the season!

I heard rumblings of a few issues about the changing rooms before the start of the season too, but not this particular part

15 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Moan , moan , moan. 

Ha, OAP, ffs. U need sum betta bantz, blud

But no, it's not the end of the world, but housing a rugby team, and it's replacements is quite a key part of the game, no? Pretty shoddy that it's been forgotten about, wouldn't you agree?

22 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

There have been a number of alterations, including where the subs sit, due the fact someone didn't realise that a rugby team have more players and replacements!

Can't they sit on each others laps?

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Moan , moan , moan. 

Well actually I am an OAP but the OP was not a moan, but just a request for an update on this from anyone who might know the reason for the delayed opening of the new changing rooms. 

And, for the record, I am totally happy with (and proud of)  the new Ashton Gate which is now ready to host Premier League football, when that day comes.  

Which I am convinced will happen - but not next season.  

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Moan , moan , moan. 

The Ashton Gate redevelopment is awesome.

However, getting the size of the changing rooms wrong is a pretty big balls up to be honest. Don't know how much you understand about Commercial Construction Projects, but the fact that no-one in the (extremely long) supply chain identified this flaw until getting to second-fix stage is pretty unbelievable. 

Having to remove walls, refit the first fix and then complete second fix because no-one identified the design flaw is not really a "small snagging problem".

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Moan , moan , moan. 

Looks like it's given you something to moan about as well?

15 hours ago, Spoons said:

Moan , moan , moan. 

It is a pretty big error.

You're right, it's great we've had the ground redeveloped. It doesn't mean people can't critique something which has gone wrong though. When spending that much on a redevelopment you expect that sort of thing to be done correctly.

Archived