IGNORED

O Donnell

coxyboy

Has this been covered? Talking to chaps around me Saturday. Why has happened. I know he made a few cock ups but has something happened we don't know about behind the scenes ?

To not even get on the bench suggest he is way down the pecking order and would not be surprised to see him gone next month. Shame as I think he is decent and better then Frank in my opinion. Was Brighton the final straw for LJ?

Messed up a few games in a row so rightly got replaced, had a chance with Fieldings injury to come back into the team and impress but again he made a mistake. 

Not going to argue about who's the better keeper because it's been done to death on here.

Lucic seems to be highly thought of by LJ so having 3 keepers isn't needed. Ship O'Donnell out on loan with a recall. 

Simple.

LJ doesn't rate him and with Fielding doing well and Lucic seen by him as the future number one I think he will be made available for a move, either on loan or permanently next month.

No bust up, no mystery, just based on form.

47 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Has this been covered? Talking to chaps around me Saturday. Why has happened. I know he made a few cock ups but has something happened we don't know about behind the scenes ?

To not even get on the bench suggest he is way down the pecking order and would not be surprised to see him gone next month. Shame as I think he is decent and better then Frank in my opinion. Was Brighton the final straw for LJ?

If you recall a while back after a few games LJ came out and said that a few players had shown their weaknesses when under pressure. It was at that time that O'Donnell was dropped.  Will be off in the January window is my guess.

Its  shame as when he first came here he looked the bees whatsits, but agree now he looks nervous and prone to mistakes which being a goalkeeper, almost always means a goal. Obvioulsy a confidence player, maybe an arm around his shoulder for a bit will help. LJ does seem to be a good man manager so we will see,

He was number one to start the year and made some mistakes that dropped him down to second choice. Opportunity arose for him to start again and he didn't take the chance. Lucic has been impressing and was moved up to number 2. ROD will have to work hard and get lucky to have another chance to move back up. That's what happens when you have strength in a position. You have to be at your best or you don't play. 

58 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Fielding is the better keeper, poor distribution or not.

I believe Lucic is a better keeper also.

Quite rightly he is third choice.

Based on what? I don't know if you watch our under 23 games but I really hope you aren't solely basing your opinion on the penalty save at Fulham. 

41 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Fielding is number 1 and Lukic gets useful experience being in the matchday squad.

I reckon if Fielding got injured then O'Donnell would be back in and Lukic would stay on the bench, though LJ did say that was a close call last time.

I don't think o'donnell will ever play for city again, the manager doesn't trust him by the looks of it, once that has happened your days are numbered

58 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

We got one from Walsall and the other from five time European champions Bayern Munich.

And bayern don't have poor players on their books.

It's my opinion, never said you had to agree with it.

who did we get from walsall

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

We got one from Walsall and the other from five time European champions Bayern Munich.

And bayern don't have poor players on their books.

It's my opinion, never said you had to agree with it.

Why not base opinion on actually watching him play? Until then there is no shame is saying 'I don't know who is better'.

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why not base opinion on actually watching him play? Until then there is no shame is saying 'I don't know who is better'.

No Dave. 

Leicester bought Vardy from Fleetwood. 

Fulham bought Steve Marlet from Lyon.

Marlet is clearly better as he came from a better club.

I would like to see Lucic play in the FA Cup 3rd round, he is an imposing stature, looks very confident and like previous posters have said he wouldnt be at Bayern Munich for no reason.

O'Donnell has messed up numerous times, cant fault his commitment for the club but you make mistakes at this level and your place will be under threat. 

4 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Shame you can't share your opinion on this forum without getting criticised or comments of sarcasm.

Poor.

If you don't wish to have debate then create a blog/Twitter. You've posted your opinion on a public forum, the whole point of this website is to discuss!

Archived