IGNORED

O Donnell

coxyboy

32 minutes ago, Londoner said:

If you think Lucic is ready for first team football you are deluded....his performances in the development squad display that.

He is on the bench for 2 reasons....experience and because RODs days are numbered.

Is he a better keeper than ROD at the moment?? No.

the fact that johnson has him in the team ahead of ROD says he is

57 minutes ago, Londoner said:

If you think Lucic is ready for first team football you are deluded....his performances in the development squad display that.

He is on the bench for 2 reasons....experience and because RODs days are numbered.

Is he a better keeper than ROD at the moment?? No.

Again he has played 1 match for the club at senior level. How can you judge him on that? He has a back 4 with an average age of about 18 in front of him in the development squad. He's been on the bench and LJ has said how far he's come already. I'd say LJ's opinion counts for quite a bit. As of now, he's better than ROD because LJ's actions have said so. There is no one more qualified than LJ to judge Lucic

43 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Again he has played 1 match for the club at senior level. How can you judge him on that? He has a back 4 with an average age of about 18 in front of him in the development squad. He's been on the bench and LJ has said how far he's come already. I'd say LJ's opinion counts for quite a bit. As of now, he's better than ROD because LJ's actions have said so. There is no one more qualified than LJ to judge Lucic

Indeed.  I certainly wouldn't be starting Lucic right now but he really impressed me in the Fulham game - certainly not only because of the penalty save either.  What came across to me was his distribution was good (this is an area where I certainly do feel confident that he is better than either of our keepers, even based on one game) and , even at a young age, he is clearly a strong character and someone who can inspire confidence in the defence.  As I say, I wouldn't start him yet but he showed more than enough in that Fulham game for me to think he is someone who we should nurture and support to come through in the long-term.  If that means he comes on as a sub for any reason, or starts a cup game and makes an error, then so be it.  Players have to play to learn. 

31 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed.  I certainly wouldn't be starting Lucic right now but he really impressed me in the Fulham game - certainly not only because of the penalty save either.  What came across to me was his distribution was good (this is an area where I certainly do feel confident that he is better than either of our keepers, even based on one game) and , even at a young age, he is clearly a strong character and someone who can inspire confidence in the defence.  As I say, I wouldn't start him yet but he showed more than enough in that Fulham game for me to think he is someone who we should nurture and support to come through in the long-term.  If that means he comes on as a sub for any reason, or starts a cup game and makes an error, then so be it.  Players have to play to learn. 

I agree with you on starting. I doubt he'd be ready. Just not enough senior action but I'm sure he could do a job. He's not ultra young like O'Leary. There is no reason he's not ready enough to take our number 2 spot is all I'm saying. ROD has looked nervous the past few times I've seen him and Lucic is probably ready enough to put that pressure on ROD. I'm ok with that. 

He's obviously a confidence player. He went to Wigan and started off badly hence him coming here on loan. 

It's funny how far he's fallen now.. after 4-5 games of the season there was a thread on here saying he was one of the best goalkeepers in the league..

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

He's obviously a confidence player. He went to Wigan and started off badly hence him coming here on loan. 

It's funny how far he's fallen now.. after 4-5 games of the season there was a thread on here saying he was one of the best goalkeepers in the league..

After four or five games he was! All changed a bit now though sadly.

On 06/12/2016 at 09:53, Bullbag said:

We got one from Walsall and the other from five time European champions Bayern Munich.

And bayern don't have poor players on their books.

It's my opinion, never said you had to agree with it.

BB - not having a go, but he wasn't a regular sub (for Neuer) at Bayern, mainly 3rd choice, and out in the Regional Leagues.  I'm sure he learned lots from training with Neuer though. See pic below for his involvement in the Bundesliga last season, e.g. Zilch.

On 06/12/2016 at 11:54, Fordy62 said:

No Dave. 

Leicester bought Vardy from Fleetwood. 

Fulham bought Steve Marlet from Lyon.

Marlet is clearly better as he came from a better club.

Fordy - love the randomness of Steve Marlet :cool:

IMG_0806.PNG

Simply put - he's not good enough. So much dodgier than Fielding but because he rolls the ball out and kicks it quicker than him that's enough to suggest he's not for some people. 

From what I've seen of Lucic id be amazed if he's not number 1 by May. LJ has said the same things internally. 

Archived