IGNORED

Please Explain ?

slartibartfast

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  5. if, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 12 apply;
  6. superior goal difference in all group matches;
  7. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
  8. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
  9. higher number of wins in all group matches;
  10. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
  11. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
  12. higher club coefficient.

Assumes 16/17 is the same as 15/16

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Yep, results against each other count before goal difference in them there funny league thingies.

Personally I don't mind it. Imagine beating a team home and away but they finish above you because they managed to put 10 past the Moldovan Champions or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Personally I don't mind it. Imagine beating a team home and away but they finish above you because they managed to put 10 past the Moldovan Champions or something like that. 

True enough, but if you beat someone home and away in a four team group and still don't finish above them maybe you don't deserve to go through :P

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:
  1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  5. if, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 12 apply;
  6. superior goal difference in all group matches;
  7. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
  8. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
  9. higher number of wins in all group matches;
  10. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
  11. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
  12. paper, scissors stone

Assumes 16/17 is the same as 15/16

Slight correction for 12.

2 hours ago, grifty said:

How does paper beat a dog? Do you stuff it down its throat?

Paper sneaks up behind rock, pushes rock into water, rock sinks. Paper wins. Unless it falls in behind the rock. Then water wins.

10 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

There is a breakdown of it somewhere. Makes about as much sense as paper beating rock haha.

The paper wraps up the rock. That's why it wins. The scissors cut the paper so that's why they win but they are blunted by the rock which is why the rock wins....:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The paper wraps up the rock. That's why it wins. The scissors cut the paper so that's why they win but they are blunted by the rock which is why the rock wins....:facepalm:

Haha can't believe I'm getting into a disagreement about rock paper scissors on OTIB... but why does that beat rock? I understand the concept but i don't see why being wrapped in paper negatively affects the rock in any way. Couldn't the paper just as easily wrap the scissors and render them useless? All these big questions and I don't feel qualified to answer them!

Any resident philosophers?

22 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Haha can't believe I'm getting into a disagreement about rock paper scissors on OTIB... but why does that beat rock? I understand the concept but i don't see why being wrapped in paper negatively affects the rock in any way. Couldn't the paper just as easily wrap the scissors and render them useless? All these big questions and I don't feel qualified to answer them!

Any resident philosophers?

Judging from this post I'm guessing that you're unfamiliar with rock,paper scissors?

Its of Chinese origin I think so that's probably why it bewilders you.....

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Judging from this post I'm guessing that you're unfamiliar with rock,paper scissors?

Its of Chinese origin I think so that's probably why it bewilders you.....

Are you Grasshopper?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

What does that beat? I`m guessing not lizard.

If you're old enough to remember the telly series Kung Fu from the 70s, you will know that Grasshopper beats absolutely everything!

13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If you're old enough to remember the telly series Kung Fu from the 70s, you will know that Grasshopper beats absolutely everything!

Very underrated actor David Carradine. About all most people remember him from is that but he did a lot more - he was incredible in Kill Bill.

Shame his life ended the way it did.

Archived