IGNORED

What is Man flu ?

Fiale

What is man Flu ?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The meaning of Man Flu seems to have changed, resulting in a strange conversation at work yesterday. We at first were speaking cross purposes, confusion and a little haughtiness arising from different understandings of the meaning of man flu. What does Man flu mean to you ?

I cannot answer in the poll because neither are correct. Man Flu (or Maningitis) is a potentially lethal virus that affects only the male of the species. Generally the outward symptoms seem similar to a mild cold but this is most certainly not the case. Generally the virus will run its course after about 5 days unlike PMT suffered by women that lasts approx. 28 days of every month.

:yes:

The reason I asked - 

I arrive for work yesterday, one of my colleagues is already in  

Colleague: " *random name* won't be in for the next few days he has man flu"

Me: " *laughs   did he run out of holiday to take"

Colleague: "what, do you think he's faking it ?"  

Me: "what, no, just you said he wasn't really that ill"

Colleague: "he's apparently really unwell, suffering from man flu"

Was awkward for a moment as he thought I was accusing our colleague of faking being ill to get time off, whereas I was actually thinking my colleague was suggesting it - 

After talking to people at work, it appears us oldies know man flu to be a mild cold that a man blows out of proportion to make it seem like hes dying. The younger whipper snappers think it's some sort of flu (that I guess only men catch) ? 

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

:yes:

The reason I asked - 

I arrive for work yesterday, one of my colleagues is already in  

Colleague: " *random name* won't be in for the next few days he has man flu"

Me: " *laughs   did he run out of holiday to take"

Colleague: "what, do you think he's faking it ?"  

Me: "what, no, just you said he wasn't really that ill"

Colleague: "he's apparently really unwell, suffering from man flu"

Was awkward for a moment as he thought I was accusing our colleague of faking being ill to get time off, whereas I was actually thinking my colleague was suggesting it - 

After talking to people at work, it appears us oldies know man flu to be a mild cold that a man blows out of proportion to make it seem like hes dying. The younger whipper snappers think it's some sort of flu (that I guess only men catch) ? 

Man Flu is essentially the same flu virus that all human beings are susceptible to and that the male homosapien suffers worse than the female (ie the blokes can't hack it and the girls do)

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Unlike the myth of pain in childbirth man flu is very real and sufferers should be given all assistance.

As a female who gave birth on no pain relief (the midwife took away my G&A as she said I was 'a bit drunk' (understatement - there are large swatches of my labour that are completely blank. I was ****ed), I can confirm that child birth pain is horrendous, even worse is the after pain. Try doing a wee when you've just had 14 stitches put in your wee wee hole boys. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Man Flu is essentially the same flu virus that all human beings are susceptible to and that the male homosapien suffers worse than the female (ie the blokes can't hack it and the girls do)

As a female who gave birth on no pain relief (the midwife took away my G&A as she said I was 'a bit drunk' (understatement - there are large swatches of my labour that are completely blank. I was ****ed), I can confirm that child birth pain is horrendous, even worse is the after pain. Try doing a wee when you've just had 14 stitches put in your wee wee hole boys. 

An angry growler is not comparable to a kick in the balls. 

18 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Bollocks, I am the Father of 2 and felt no pain at all

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 09:16, Septic Peg said:

Not even when the lady producing said children; squeezed your hand, called you all the names under the sun and swore blind you'd 'never get within an inch of her again'? 

Funny that,  ...you're not the first person to have mentioned Tones 'inch' ... hmm, must be true then.

:whistle:

Archived