IGNORED

Trialist

Bristol_South_End

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/press-conference-johnson-pre-huddersfield-town-3457490.aspx

As discussed by LJ in today's press conference, we had a team of squad players/first teamers play a behind closed doors friendly with Cheltenham earlier this week, but it appears we had a trialist playing at RB. Anyone got any info on who it might have been? If it was an Under 23s game I'd appreciate it wouldn't be that interesting as we have lots of trialists playing for them all season, but as the whole of the rest of the team was made up of players who have made first team appearances this season I wonder if this player is one we're looking at maybe signing for the first team?

6 minutes ago, Bristol_South_End said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/press-conference-johnson-pre-huddersfield-town-3457490.aspx

As discussed by LJ in today's press conference, we had a team of squad players/first teamers play a behind closed doors friendly with Cheltenham earlier this week, but it appears we had a trialist playing at RB. Anyone got any info on who it might have been? If it was an Under 23s game I'd appreciate it wouldn't be that interesting as we have lots of trialists playing for them all season, but as the whole of the rest of the team was made up of players who have made first team appearances this season I wonder if this player is one we're looking at maybe signing for the first team?

Prob that Bermuden 

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not sure how these sort of games work. Would any trialist have to be an unattached player or could he be someone who is under contract with another club that we wanted to have a look at or even have agreed to buy in January (with the other club`s agreement of course). I suspect it would have to be the former.

Doesn't have to be unattached, but you would need the other clubs agreement to play them in a match, as opposed to just having a look at in training

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Doesn't have to be unattached, but you would need the other clubs agreement to play them in a match, as opposed to just having a look at in training

This was behind closed doors (no one paying) if they had a proper referee and Lino things do change slightly as any issues are reportable (punch up etc) however if say Brian Tinion reffed it with Scott on the line it's nothing more than two clubs sharing a training session and working on the assumption the trialist is registered with a club they probably don't have to inform, but likely did or had a prearranged agreement. 

Archived