IGNORED

City's Worst Ever XI

Unan

3 hours ago, city1983 said:

The worst team I've ever seen was the team relegated under mckiness and o'driscol. For me got considerably worse under o'driscol. No fight in the team what so ever and went down with a whimper. I remember turning up to games knowing we were going to lose 2 or 3 nil before a ball was kicked, against some crap teams too

I don't think we did get worse under o'Driscoll....as someone who went to the reading/millwall aways  and Home games I've NEVER seen a team so utterly lost under mciness.

I remember him trying to play a 3-5-2 with a side of McGivern, Fontaine, bates, McManus and foster.....they genuinely had no idea what they were doing.

Sods sides had no momentum and confidence.....Mciness and the constant 0-3,0-4,0-3,0-4 scores was an embarrassment to watch.

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Don't forget Liam Robinson.

Ooooh....harsh. Liam always worked off his socks. He wasn't the greatest but for his work rate, he has my vote not to be put in the final XI. He played in that match at Anfield and whilst that shouldn't be a pre-requisite to exclude him it surely must help his chances in any vote off!

Surely Marvin Harriot has earned a place in the full back role?

17 hours ago, otib118 said:

James

Forster II Hunt II McManus II McGivern

Kilkenny II Howard II Morris

Savage II Akinde II Barnett

Steve Jones. Far worse than Barnett or akinde. Unfit apparently, why therefore did Pullis continue to play him. 1 goal in 13. For a striker that is appalling. He never looked like scoring. 

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Ooooh....harsh. Liam always worked off his socks. He wasn't the greatest but for his work rate, he has my vote not to be put in the final XI. He played in that match at Anfield and whilst that shouldn't be a pre-requisite to exclude him it surely must help his chances in any vote off!

Huff 'n' Puff spring to mind. Ran around like crazy but did little else.

All effort, No result.

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Well said Sir :clapping:

Another much maligned , in Liam's case for lack of goals , but I struggle to think of any who have worked so hard in a City shirt - his work rate and never say die attitude put opp defences under constant pressure and created plenty of chances and goals for others

Part of the same side as Junior who again received plenty of criticism - but I can tell you before he got near a ball  (From an opp manager) that opp defences sat 20yds deeper when he was playing , giving others room to play

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Another much maligned , in Liam's case for lack of goals , but I struggle to think of any who have worked so hard in a City shirt - his work rate and never say die attitude put opp defences under constant pressure and created plenty of chances and goals for others

Ok.....so I'll stick him in the reserves 

19 hours ago, elruli said:

Ian leigh

Brian Mitchell

Gus ceaser

David Thompson

Ryan mcgovern

Gordon owen

Garry emmanual

Colin loss

Phil barber

Bas savage

Graham withey

Beat that and I would be surprised. They were individually awful. 

Any worst team that does not contain Carl Hutchins is fundamentally flawed!!  

Anyone from the first half of 2005-06 and all of 2012-13. Absolutely hated those teams. We've had some dire sides, but for the overall misery and punishment caused Id have to go for those two eras. Any mention of Richard Foster, Steven McManus, Clayton Fortune, Grant Smith, Michael Bridges or Dave Partridge makes me cringe. Truly awful times for our club.

3 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Steve Jones. Far worse than Barnett or akinde. Unfit apparently, why therefore did Pullis continue to play him. 1 goal in 13. For a striker that is appalling. He never looked like scoring. 

If memory serves, Steve Jones had an abysmal spell and then a reasonable spell.  Remember him being substituted away v Notts County (4-4 draw) after 17 minutes or so: he was dire.  Then he got injured and became a bit of a cult (I said cult) hero on his return.  And was 1000x better than before.   Which was hardly difficult

11 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

That damn elusive sh-a-dow. 

You simply canny have a "worst..." thread that fails to mention the Kelly brothers (Errington & Nyere) from 1982. I'm sorrry but you just can't. 

If I had to represent Errington and Nyere to clear their names from The Worst Player Evsgate Trial I believe I could. The fact that I've never had any training in law or have even stepped inside a Court doesn't really matter.

It would be based on facts that it was a truly dark time, financially and league wise, for the club.

All that my clients did wrong was to answer the call: the call to help BCFC in a time of need. My main witness would be Terry Haig Cooper who was responsible for telling my clients that their "Club needs you." 

I am sure that a joke about Terry should have hirerite not hireworse players to wear the shirt would have cheered up his/her Honour. He/she would have to agree that Nyere and Errington were victims of physical and mental persecution.  Their crime was for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They had answered Terry's call to arms and legs and any other working limb that might put a ball into an empty net. If only they had lived north of the river.....

As their legal eagle, the toll of this trial means I cannot represent any other player. However, I feel that not even Rumpold of The Bailey would clear Mr Harriot's name from the Worst Player Evsgate list..... but maybe, just maybe, someone from otib could? 

On 10/12/2016 at 14:43, BobBobSuperBob said:

Part of the same side as Junior who again received plenty of criticism - but I can tell you before he got near a ball  (From an opp manager) that opp defences sat 20yds deeper when he was playing , giving others room to play

Scott Partidge.............almost a mirror image of Liam - loads of effort but little in return.

46 minutes ago, gavlin said:

My worst team is as follows -:

Parish

Nicky Hunt

Julian Watts

El Ab

Harriot

Tony Grant

Jim Harvey

Gus Ceasar

Stanley

Styvar

Pinamonte

So, how many of El Abd's 16 games for Bristol City did you watch? Or are you basing your 'worst ever' opinion on popular opinion? Genuine question, cos he ain't a bad player...

Archived