IGNORED

Are we too good to go down?

Super

Rotherham look like they've got one relegation spot sewn up....there aren't 2 other outstandingly bad teams below us in the table at the moment though.

However we are certainly better this year than we were this time last year. The fact that we have only lost one game (so far) by more than one goal gives me hope that we aren't a million miles behind the top 6 teams but I think overall it's a very close division. 

Next 3 games will tell us quite a bit imo.

4 hours ago, pillred said:

because being an average side is not what I want city to be, I have supported city for 50 years and they have been average for far too much of that time, that's why I find it depressing

Last season we were below average.

Being average is an improvement on that, which is a good thing, yet depressing?

We all want City to be better than average, but in this division you don't just go from relegation candidates to title winners in a few months. We now have a solid plan put into place and Johnson has said he would like 3 transfer windows to get the squad where it needs to be, we have had 1 window so far and dramatically improved. 

By the time the 3rd window has finished, those young players signed in the summer with have a seasons Championship experience under their belt and we will be in a stronger position again.

42 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Last season we were below average.

Being average is an improvement on that, which is a good thing, yet depressing?

We all want City to be better than average, but in this division you don't just go from relegation candidates to title winners in a few months. We now have a solid plan put into place and Johnson has said he would like 3 transfer windows to get the squad where it needs to be, we have had 1 window so far and dramatically improved. 

By the time the 3rd window has finished, those young players signed in the summer with have a seasons Championship experience under their belt and we will be in a stronger position again.

I for one sincerely hope you are right james,  I have personally lived through more than my share of false dawns

Unfortunately not.

I think that City is gradually becoming a mid-table Championship team, with good qualities (and potential) but some problems too: defeats against teams like Cardiff, QPR and Brentford are really worrying, and show that there's still a lot of work to do, if we want not to be concerned about the relegation zone.

12 hours ago, Super said:

Part of me thinks yes. Any thoughts?

Currently we are showing relegation form. That good start seems a lifetime ago.Things are a lot worse than our form at the end of last season and LJ does not appear able to stop the slump.Let's hope he finds some answers soon.

51 minutes ago, Redandy said:

Currently we are showing relegation form. That good start seems a lifetime ago.Things are a lot worse than our form at the end of last season and LJ does not appear able to stop the slump.Let's hope he finds some answers soon.

at last somebody who can see past the emperor's new clothes

Archived