IGNORED

Bryan - Tie him down

Benjam!n Ultra

Funnily enough at the game I was planning to post something like why didn't Joe Bryan start tonight - absolutely anonymous and a shadow of himself and has been for a long time now.

Was hoping it was just a bad patch a while ago but when the bad patch is going on for nearly half a season then it is time for a few weeks of trying to get the groove back in the reserves and the occasional sub appearance for the first team when we have a decent lead !!

Joe Bryan had a mare and knew he had a mare and I could have sworn was terrified by the time the last few balls came to him.

He has not developed as a player in the past year but we should also remember he is a player that has by and large been able to breeze through a few seasons on the up as a "flat track bully" and has yet to deal with being in a tough place. He is struggling now (as I personally think he did at times last season) and needs some help on the psychology as he looks to me like he wants to find no man's land when it is in this spot. We need a Joe that will work hard, focus and discover his form.

He was horrendous tonight and has been all season. Johnson's obsession with trying to turn him into a left back has drained the confidence out of him to the point that he now offers nothing.

For me wing back is the only position he can play effectively and seeing as we don't play that way anymore I can't see where he fits in. And in current form he is an absolute liability in any position. His demise has been one of the biggest negatives of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Jacki said:

He was horrendous tonight and has been all season. Johnson's obsession with trying to turn him into a left back has drained the confidence out of him to the point that he now offers nothing.

For me wing back is the only position he can play effectively and seeing as we don't play that way anymore I can't see where he fits in. And in current form he is an absolute liability in any position. His demise has been one of the biggest negatives of the season. 

Agree. Absolute disaster trying to make him a left back.

This is what worries me about Lee, most of us knew Joe wasn't a full back but he kept pursing his obsession despite some pretty inconsistent performances. Now Joe's confidence is shot and he's a shadow of his former self. Marvellous. 

Best we can do is to get him as far away from Lee as possible. Get out on loan somewhere playing either left midfield or even a No 10 role. Get back into the grove. 

Worrying bit of misjudgement from our manager but, hopefully, a blip. 

Let's hope for better management of his Summer signings - although treatment of Envgal is bizarre to say the least. 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Are you serious? Golbourne had a good game but every time he attacked down the left, Byran would hide behind his marker

Agree.  Felt sorry for Scott tonight.

14 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Agree. Absolute disaster trying to make him a left back.

This is what worries me about Lee, most of us knew Joe wasn't a full back but he kept pursing his obsession despite some pretty inconsistent performances. Now Joe's confidence is shot and he's a shadow of his former self. Marvellous. 

Best we can do is to get him as far away from Lee as possible. Get out on loan somewhere playing either left midfield or even a No 10 role. Get back into the grove. 

Worrying bit of misjudgement from our manager but, hopefully, a blip. 

Let's hope for better management of his Summer signings - although treatment of Envgal is bizarre to say the least. 

Thought he started the season well at LB but has quickly gone downhill.

Some of the comments here are rediculous though.  I don't think he's coasting, he's just struggling full stop.  It happens

Archived