IGNORED

Bryan - Tie him down

Benjam!n Ultra

55 minutes ago, Olé said:

Joe Bryan had a mare and knew he had a mare and I could have sworn was terrified by the time the last few balls came to him.

He has not developed as a player in the past year but we should also remember he is a player that has by and large been able to breeze through a few seasons on the up as a "flat track bully" and has yet to deal with being in a tough place. He is struggling now (as I personally think he did at times last season) and needs some help on the psychology as he looks to me like he wants to find no man's land when it is in this spot. We need a Joe that will work hard, focus and discover his form.

Well called Rob.

Almost like a boy in a man's world. And people question why some of the kids are being given time to develop and not rushed through.

54 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Thought he was one of our worst performers tonight and showed exactly why he is a left back and not a winger. 

Everyone sees the match differently, but I thought he was even worse when he moved to left back. He's gone from being someone who looked like he might play in the Premier League to someone who is League 1 standard at best. He's 23 and has played over 100 games so he should be developing not going backwards. Maybe he will only be a League 1 player. 

41 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It's simple for me . Joe has bags of ability but is a stone overweight . He runs like a forty year old . How often do you see him leap like a salmon these days ? The answer is never ! His issues are physical in my view . Simple ! 

Odd, isn't it?

The form of the two players who noticeably 'bulked up' being Joe and Freeman, both of whom I thought would take the Championship by storm, has collapsed. 

Can't play left back, can't play left midfield. He's a left backs dream, just stands there stationary in one position not moving or causing any problems. Felt so sorry for Golbourne who had a lot of time on the ball but he had no options because Bryan was playing the mannequin challenge for 90 minutes. 

Nevermind Everton, he'll be lucky if he plays for Tranmere in a couple of seasons.

I don't know where he should be playing, or if he should if I'm honest. Has found it more difficult than most to make the step up to the Championship, then he seemed to settle for a while, now back to square one or worse again. He can't jump, doesn't take on his man, isn't quick anymore and struggles to defend. We've lost a good player along the way somehow.

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It's simple for me . Joe has bags of ability but is a stone overweight . He runs like a forty year old . How often do you see him leap like a salmon these days ? The answer is never ! His issues are physical in my view . Simple ! 

Nonsense. The club employ highly qualified fitness staff to ensure his workouts would be effective to football. He's said before how he trains for explosive power which would be useful for jumping.

Bryan probably weighs somewhere between 11 to 12 stone and if he lost a 'stone' of weight he'd get bullied in this league. 

He started playing for us when he was still a boy, Freeman was also pretty young really when he joined. Both have added size which is natural for people in their early 20s. It's a myth that either have 'bulked up' too much because the club's fitness wouldn't allow it to happen. Also, considering the fact that both are essentially endurance athletes it's pretty difficult to add a significant amount of weight with the training they do.

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nonsense. The club employ highly qualified fitness staff to ensure his workouts would be effective to football. He's said before how he trains for explosive power which would be useful for jumping.

Bryan probably weighs somewhere between 11 to 12 stone and if he lost a 'stone' of weight he'd get bullied in this league. 

He started playing for us when he was still a boy, Freeman was also pretty young really when he joined. Both have added size which is natural for people in their early 20s. It's a myth that either have 'bulked up' too much because the club's fitness wouldn't allow it to happen. Also, considering the fact that both are essentially endurance athletes it's pretty difficult to add a significant amount of weight with the training they do.

Made me think that Bobby Reid hasn't bulked up probably because he simply can't. I remember an interview with LJ when Williams left in which he said he wasn't sure whether he was a centre back and so needed to bulk up or a left back and so needed to be less bulky. I didn't like the sound of that as players should surely look to be in the best shape for them physiologically rather than a position.  

The 'coaches' on this forum will probably say that Sports Scientists know what they're doing but ask the same question to 2 different sports scientists and you'll get 2 completely different answers. It's the same in any 'expert' field. 

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I've seen some crap on here over the years but calling Joe Bryan a Stone overweight is absolutely hilarious. The guy hasn't got an ounce of fat on him

15 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

What a ******* player! Nobody could get near him tonight, ghosted round the Gate in style. 

Brentford never knew he was there. 

If we're handing out contracts we can't afford to let this one go. 

#HESONEOFOUROWN

Two posts criticising our players.

I smell gas. :gasmask:

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

IMO he's been a victim of his own versatility. His development has been hindered by the fact that one week he's a full back, then a winger, then a midfielder...

The fact that after several full seasons no one has any idea of his best position is a worrying sign. 

It's partly that.

But, for some reason, the basics have gone all wrong for him too.

He used to be a fast, intuitive player able to leap like a springbok. Last night, he was out-sprinted by lumbering defenders, made some really bad decisions on the ball and - as for the last six months - can jump about as high as a rhino with a hernia.

I'd love to know why this is.  I'm hoping it's just a confidence problem, combined with the constantly different roles he is being asked to perform.

He must train well or he'd not be getting in the team so frequently.

I just hope the natural talent he undoubtedly has, returns.

Time was that when the ball went to Joe, you'd know the side would make about 40 yards very quickly, and the end product was usually either a cross into the box or a corner to us.

20 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

Joe is a complete joke ATM, coasting round thinking life is easy! Apparently QEH private school doesn't teach hard work

Private education nothing to do with it,if anything he's trying /working to hard . His work rate isn't his issue it's his distribution and positioning . Hes young and going through a tough patch.. But let's not right him of yet.

Archived