IGNORED

Hordur's long throws

The Gasbuster

3 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Were shit

Their goal was a deflected shot and Tammy missed a sitter.

I wasn't at the Gate tonight but listened on RB and saw the highlights on SSN. The commentary sound like it was a tight game with neither team dominating so to say the City are shit is very harsh.

Must be your disappointment showing through.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wasn't at the Gate tonight but listened on RB and saw the highlights on SSN. The commentary sound like it was a tight game with neither team dominating so to say the City are shit is very harsh.

Think the reference was to the throw ins, not the performance, although.........!

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's not - both teams were. 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll put this down to a senior moment by yourself sir....

I was referring to Hordur's "Long Throws". 

Tonight they were shit. 

Finally RB commentary as we all know isn't exactly Sony Award winning is it? Don't believe everything Auntie pours into your ears....

A couple of good tackles but otherwise a very out of character performance by Hordur, with the throw ins reflecting a generally out of sorts display.

The early mistake seemed to knock all confidence out of him and he was regularly booting the ball all over the place with little composure.

Hopefully a one off, but after being so solid and dependable that performance was a bit of a shocker.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A couple of good tackles but otherwise a very out of character performance by Hordur, with the throw ins reflecting a generally out of sorts display.

The early mistake seemed to knock all confidence out of him and he was regularly booting the ball all over the place with little composure.

Hopefully a one off, but after being so solid and dependable that performance was a bit of a shocker.

This is going to sound stupid but I felt Hordur had too much to do tonight.

90% solid, a few poor clearances and one dreadful error. But, it was the inability of the players in front of him and the goalies behind him that meant he was busy throughout. He still made some blinding tackles and interceptions.

Lucic seemed to be playing mind games with the defence. Far too many panic passes out of goal.

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

I'll put this down to a senior moment by yourself sir....

I was referring to Hordur's "Long Throws". 

Tonight they were shit. 

Finally RB commentary as we all know isn't exactly Sony Award winning is it? Don't believe everything Auntie pours into your ears....

He mistook 'were shit' for 'we're shit'

I'm a great admirer of Hordur but it was probably his worse performance in a city shirt. Every player has an off game, last nights was his. This obviously doesn't make him a bad player, he's not. Hes's the only one of last summers signings I feel I know, the only one to nail down a regular start. 

Perhaps because of his high standards he's being relied on too much, asked to do too much by other players as has been suggested on here. A better team would have punished us a lot more last night, Preston will for sure if we play the same again. 

12 hours ago, RedM said:

I'm a great admirer of Hordur but it was probably his worse performance in a city shirt. Every player has an off game, last nights was his. This obviously doesn't make him a bad player, he's not. Hes's the only one of last summers signings I feel I know, the only one to nail down a regular start. 

Perhaps because of his high standards he's being relied on too much, asked to do too much by other players as has been suggested on here. A better team would have punished us a lot more last night, Preston will for sure if we play the same again. 

Yeah I thought he was well out of sorts until the last 20 minutes or so when the real Hordur turned up. I have to say, up to then it was the worst I`ve seen him play.

Archived