IGNORED

Booby Reid

Benjam!n Ultra

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok , you're entitled to ask your deeply flawed questions.

Good  luck with the sense of humour thing by the way .

I don't understand why you're so angry, a forum is to have a discussion. That is all I'm doing. 

I understand people are upset with the form but there's no need to start slagging each other off. 

I think you're username is rubbish but I don't say good luck with humour to you. Let's all get along and discuss Reid's quality qualities. 

5 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

I don't understand why you're so angry, a forum is to have a discussion. That is all I'm doing. 

I understand people are upset with the form but there's no need to start slagging each other off. 

I think you're username is rubbish but I don't say good luck with humour to you. Let's all get along and discuss Reid's quality qualities. 

The ' slagging off ' started with your hilarious spelling of Reid's name and then the suggestion that he's not even good enough for the division's whipping boys .The first bit may have been an error but the latter certainly was n't.

I just find your thread divisive at a moment when we should all be getting behind the lads as they try to get back on track .

Last night he was poor. Playing in the 'Tomlin role' he should have been getting into pockets of space to be creative, but he was always marked and offered nothing. Yes he's been good at times this season but it seems anyone saying him or Bryan are poor get shot down because they are local or young-ish. 

If we want to move forward as club players need to improve or be moved on, Reid and Bryan "currently" are OK championship players but probably not good enough to progress us long term

An interesting one for me. At times looks very good and at other times think he only gets a start as he's local. He could certainly work on his finishing and tonight had 2 great chances which neither found the target.  What does confuse me is why he gets played in behind the striker but Tomlin generally seems to be pushed out wide.

I unfortunately don't get too many games due to personal circumstances so I will admit that I may not be in as good a position as others to commentate on individual performances.

But singling out players and suggesting they are not even good enough for the bottom club isn't starting a debate, it's fishing for an argument.

It winds me up as much as when people use the term 'Little Lee'. It's derogatory and  isn't helping the situation, it's being divisive in a time when we need the exact opposite.

33 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Last night he was poor. Playing in the 'Tomlin role' he should have been getting into pockets of space to be creative, but he was always marked and offered nothing. Yes he's been good at times this season but it seems anyone saying him or Bryan are poor get shot down because they are local or young-ish. 

If we want to move forward as club players need to improve or be moved on, Reid and Bryan "currently" are OK championship players but probably not good enough to progress us long term

Everyone sees things differently but I thought he was really good last night. Put in a shift defensively that you wouldn't get from Tomlin. Thought he found the spaces well just didn't have the final ball on the day. Snatched at a couple long shots and had a few through balls deflected away. He was quite direct and kept working. He'd probably fit better in better teams as he'd have more space. You're not getting Tomlin like plays from Reid but Tomlin is probably one of, if not the best attacking midfielders in the league so I wouldn't expect him to thrive like Tomlin. Anyway, thought he played well as did about half the team. Unfortunately that meant about 4-5 players off the pace which is why we lost. 

2 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

An interesting one for me. At times looks very good and at other times think he only gets a start as he's local. He could certainly work on his finishing and tonight had 2 great chances which neither found the target.  What does confuse me is why he gets played in behind the striker but Tomlin generally seems to be pushed out wide.

For all his flaws, I doubt Huntingdonshire-born Lee Johnson would pick players for the first XI just on the basis that they were Bristolian.

What Bob offers is an out-and-out attacking midfield role, making break-out runs down the centre and either having a crack himself or getting a pass to a striker. He's more direct than Tomlin, although obviously not as skilled. 

Last night, I thought he was decent until he was stuck out on the right wing, when he might as well have gone and sat in the stands.

One other thing Bob does that is sadly rare in the team is that he harries his opponents when they are on the ball. He's a little terrier in that respect. Reid is no defender, but he is not going to let opponents stride past him in midfield if he can help it.

Johnson's dilemma is that Reid and Tomlin are best in the same sort of place - attacking forward midfield. But when you play one and not the other, you lose the dynamic that the other player can bring to the team. 

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Would he get into another championship side? 

If so, who would Rotherham drop to accommodate him?

Every club has got them, unfortunately bristol city have there fair share of numpty fans like yourself. Once again not 1 player stood out last night but why people are pointing out bobby Reid as the weak link is scary!  

Do you get a kick out of starting Probaly the worlds worst thread?

Bobby obviously splits opinion and he's the sort of player who probably always will.

Some fans can see no wrong in him and are extremely defensive at the slightest criticism.

Others, like me, while accepting he's a naturally talented player, feel he has many limitations at this level.

LJ rates him a bit too too highly imo. and he seems more loath to upset him in his rotations than some other players. 

Last night being a prime example of BR contributing very little imo. yet staying on while another more effective midfield player was subbed.

16 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Benjamin Ultra.

ULTRA?

Curious user name given Ultra ideals are SUPPORT THE TEAM AT ALL TIMES.

Thought you and your Ultras were a bit crap last night Benjamin.

Outsung by 250 Brentford.

Too whiny ... Need blokes whose balls have gone South in the trouser dept.

Can we swap you?

It's not my real name you creep. 

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

For all his flaws, I doubt Huntingdonshire-born Lee Johnson would pick players for the first XI just on the basis that they were Bristolian.

What Bob offers is an out-and-out attacking midfield role, making break-out runs down the centre and either having a crack himself or getting a pass to a striker. He's more direct than Tomlin, although obviously not as skilled. 

Last night, I thought he was decent until he was stuck out on the right wing, when he might as well have gone and sat in the stands.

One other thing Bob does that is sadly rare in the team is that he harries his opponents when they are on the ball. He's a little terrier in that respect. Reid is no defender, but he is not going to let opponents stride past him in midfield if he can help it.

Johnson's dilemma is that Reid and Tomlin are best in the same sort of place - attacking forward midfield. But when you play one and not the other, you lose the dynamic that the other player can bring to the team. 

It was an important, and publicised, part of LJ's remit to show there was a clear and visible pathway for local players from the Academy to the first team.

It may therefore be that he is more willing to overlook deficiencies of local players, and give then more sustained opportunities to impress, than others who may be of a similar standard, i.e. in BR's case Brownhill, but who are not invested with the same long term hopes of those within the club.

It is very notable how the club, through the OS, make a point of stressing the inclusion of local players as being a huge positive, i.e. last night the OS pre match headline, 'Bristolian duo recalled for Brentford clash' where the big news, in fact, was the manager 'resting' his own most expensive signing.

Bobby Reid has made more appearances this season than any other City midfielder. I'm not sure such near constant inclusion has always been justified, nor do I think he would have been so prominent without the clubs policy of pushing home grown players, or indeed whether he would have been such a mainstay under another manager who hadn't known him since coaching him at u.14 level.

Best pass of the night, felt he and Hogan were the 2 better players in the game. Piched up the ball just outside our area, ran with the ball into space (I think a lot of our players forget you don;t have to pass if there is space ahead of you). Put through a perfect through ball to Tammy, who was then 1v1 with their keeper.

ScreenShot_20161214130034.png

ScreenShot_20161214130056.png

ScreenShot_20161214130133.png

ScreenShot_20161214130204.png

ScreenShot_20161214130226.png

38 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Every club has got them, unfortunately bristol city have there fair share of numpty fans like yourself. Once again not 1 player stood out last night but why people are pointing out bobby Reid as the weak link is scary!  

He's good at starting shit threads slagging off our players. Unfortunately there will always be those who take more pleasure in such antics than actually supporting their side.

28 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bobby obviously splits opinion and he's the sort of player who probably always will.

Some fans can see no wrong in him and are extremely defensive at the slightest criticism.

Others, like me, while accepting he's a naturally talented player, feel he has many limitations at this level.

LJ rates him a bit too too highly imo. and he seems more loath to upset him in his rotations than some other players. 

Last night being a prime example of BR contributing very little imo. yet staying on while another more effective midfield player was subbed.

Your comments on Reid compared to your love for Freeman are bizarre in the extreme imo.

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

After you .....

44 minutes ago, Spoons said:

The OP also started the equally hilarious thread on Joe Bryan .

WUM who's going out of business.

"It's not my real name you creep".

No being a bright one I did not suppose it was.

Which leaves the ??? Why?

Why call yourself Ultra at all when Ultra is about positive support of the team ... Which is not your sketch at all.

Why?

Why not Benny off Crossroads?

Or

Why not Benjamin Franklin?

True your not one of the founding Fathers of the USA but that has not stopped you naming yourself something you clearly are not.

As for creep, its cut me to the quick ... Buy the ticket take the ride .. Meh.

4 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

"It's not my real name you creep".

No being a bright one I did not suppose it was.

Which leaves the ??? Why?

Why call yourself Ultra at all when Ultra is about positive support of the team ... Which is not your sketch at all.

Why?

Why not Benny off Crossroads?

Or

Why not Benjamin Franklin?

True your not one of founding Fathers of the USA but that has not stopped naming yourself something you clearly are not.

As for creep, its cut me to the quick ... Buy the ticket take the ride .. Meh.

In real life Benny was quite intelligent Miss Diane (holds beanie between both hands)

Archived