IGNORED

Birmingham sack Gary Rowett

Olé

The new regime keen to have their own man. They've allocated funds, remember...

"approximately HK$120,000,000 (i.e., approximately £12.72 million) is intended to be used, when considered appropriate, to acquire additional football players who are expected to make a contribution to and help enhance the competitiveness of the football team significantly so as to assist the football team to achieve promotion to the English Premier League in the future. It is anticipated that an amount of HK$120,000,000 would allow BCFC to recruit around eight to ten football players for future football seasons."

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Read a few comments from their fans . Not happy to say the least . Outside the playoffs on goal difference. Thought he was doing a really good job . Owners better get the next appointment right. Or there could be a bit of unrest coming there way . Crazy decision 

Another reason Im thankful to have the Lansdown family at the helm. Wont be long until hes back in a job though very talented manager.

55 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Haha. Mick hasn't got long there surely. They are in worse form than we are!

No I don't think they are actually. Over the last ten games only Rotherham are in worse form than us. Just puts it in perspective as to why some are a bit concerned about where we are going. Brum sacking seems bizarre in comparison to us extending LJ's contract.

47 minutes ago, The Bard said:

That's potentially another side we'll finish above. Watch them ditch their solid, team players for overpaid rubbish with dodgy agents...

Hang on.

Is that the over paid rubbish with dodgy agents that we should be going for in January in order to halt our slide into relegation - according to many on this forum?

We don't want competition from Brum, pushing the prices up even further..

7 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

No I don't think they are actually. Over the last ten games only Rotherham are in worse form than us. Just puts it in perspective as to why some are a bit concerned about where we are going. Brum sacking seems bizarre in comparison to us extending LJ's contract.

One club with a long term plan, the other not?

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

:robbored:

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to bring in Giggs or Gerrard. 

And we know how that would go don't we.

Another foreign owner who is hopelessly clueless and as for bringing in 8-10 players for 12 million quid to get B'ham promoted? That will not buy them much.

I predict B'ham will now fail to get anywhere near the play offs.

I am genuinely beginning to lose interest in football when inept twerps from overseas splash the cash but have no idea what they are doing and are slowly, yet inexorably, stifling or even killing the beautiful game. I don't believe it will do us or any other well run club any favours whatsoever in the long term.

The more foreign owners we have the farther down the years we will go before a national team wins a major tournament, If ever. The open market we have is that bad for the game. Do you see it that open anywhere else? No, because its not. And because generally their FA's don't have berks running the show and they realise what they have.

Before long you will have the Chinese flag flying over Birmingham City Hall.

Maybe if I say I support a team from Birmingham the Chinese Gov't will let me fish off Scarborough Shoal?

World has gone totally nuts and Its all heading for armageddon I tell you !

This may very well be my final post. 

... But possibly not.

12 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

And we know how that would go don't we.

Another foreign owner who is hopelessly clueless and as for bringing in 8-10 players for 12 million quid to get B'ham promoted? That will not buy them much.

I predict B'ham will now fail to get anywhere near the play offs.

I am genuinely beginning to lose interest in football when inept twerps from overseas splash the cash but have no idea what they are doing and are slowly, yet inexorably, stifling or even killing the beautiful game. I don't believe it will do us or any other well run club any favours whatsoever in the long term.

The more foreign owners we have the farther down the years we will go before a national team wins a major tournament, If ever. The open market we have is that bad for the game. Do you see it that open anywhere else? No, because its not. And because generally their FA's don't have berks running the show and they realise what they have.

Before long you will have the Chinese flag flying over Birmingham City Hall.

Maybe if I say I support a team from Birmingham the Chinese Gov't will let me fish off Scarborough Shoal?

World has gone totally nuts and Its all heading for armageddon I tell you !

This may very well be my final post. 

... But possibly not.

looking forward to your post Saturday morning before setting off for the game :-) but you will be hard pressed to paint Preston in a good light.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

It's bizarre regardless of anything we've done. 

So another Wolves /Villa style mash up everyone chasing this Chinese pot of gold that is paying obscene money in their own league and is now ruining English football, instant buy a team buy the league title thinking so many massive teams are streets ahead no one is going to overtake the Chelsea and other  top London teams plus the Northern powerhouses ...

Gary Rowett has built a solid balanced Blues team that competes 100% ok a 4-0 tonking at Newcastle Utd who will walk this league along with Brighton is a setback but they bounced back to beat Ipswich ...

Having ditched 1 money laundering far east owner been screwed over by the Sullivan,Brady,Gold partnership they still out perform and keep pressing ahead this latest sacking is sheer madness.

No doubt Gary Rowett will prove a big hit at a Hull City type club who need guts and balls and a no nonsense manager who knows how to organise and put out a competitive effective side.

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It is anticipated that an amount of HK$120,000,000 approximately £12.72 million would allow BCFC to recruit around eight to ten football players for future football seasons."

Eight players for £1.5 million each; OK. However if Brum want quality players...

Archived