IGNORED

Is Football Just a Job To The Players?

Sniper

I was chatting to a mate in the boozer last night, and this topic came up.

Is playing football just a job to the players or not? Is football just their Job, but say Golf is their hobby.

People who go to work play football as a hobby, and really enjoy it, and in most cases really hate their job and going to work.

When at work you have good days, and bad days, good weeks, and bad weeks, but there are times when you really can't be arsed and spend time on OTIB.:laugh:

You have new manager bounce syndrome where players can suddenly just raise their game, but played shite before getting the previous manager sacked!

Yes we are having a bit of a bad spell, but it wasn't too long ago where the same players battered Fulham 4 nil on their own patch.

Football is bloody weird sometimes.:yes:

It's probably a job for many of them. Not many look like they want to play every minute of every game. Two examples of players that appear to be getting paid to do their hobby is Flint and Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal. Never miss a minute if they can help it. Two quick examples off the top of my head. There are others that just don't look like they enjoy it as much or it means as much. Possibly more of a job for them. 

I heard an interview with Graham Taylor a few years back, and he said that at every club he managed there were at least 2 players with no interest in football at all.  Good enough to be pros, but after match and training, wouldnt watch it on TV and not interested in tbe slightest

28 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

I heard an interview with Graham Taylor a few years back, and he said that at every club he managed there were at least 2 players with no interest in football at all.  Good enough to be pros, but after match and training, wouldnt watch it on TV and not interested in tbe slightest

That would be me if I were a pro. I don't like football.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's probably a job for many of them. Not many look like they want to play every minute of every game. Two examples of players that appear to be getting paid to do their hobby is Flint and Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal. Never miss a minute if they can help it. Two quick examples off the top of my head. There are others that just don't look like they enjoy it as much or it means as much. Possibly more of a job for them. 

I think players look like that because it's a business not a game. It's a fear of doing something wrong.

Archived