IGNORED

Is LJ at risk of being sacked?

Londoner

We all know that bristol city is run differently compared to other clubs....we aren't trigger happy, we give managers time, and support the buying if players when possible....however, is LJ at genuine risk of being sacked?

He obviously has a bigger connection to us than previous managers, a new extended contract given and clearly rates by the board...but does it get to a certain point where they have no choice....7 in 8 loses is damning at the moment  

Not a chance at this time.

Will be the last thing Lansdown want's to do.

If we can manage to claw our way in to the bottom 3  in the next couple of months he might be under pressure.

But I think you'll all have to go along with it because the owner want's Lee for the long haul and I don't think he will sack him whatever happens this season.

Even if we fell into the bottom 3 late in the season.(witch I don't think will happen anyway :fingerscrossed:)

He's staying.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

2 defeats from a contract extension; not on your nelly. 

7 defeats in 8.... you'd have to question the owners if things get much worse and he stays... 3 more defeats and stats of 10 defeats in 11 when we were susposedly in a strong position and building for the prem before the Cardiff game is a definite sacking for me... simply not ******* good enough.. simple and straight forward as that I'm afraid!!!

13 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

7 defeats in 8.... you'd have to question the owners if things get much worse and he stays... 3 more defeats and stats of 10 defeats in 11 when we were susposedly in a strong position and building for the prem before the Cardiff game is a definite sacking for me... simply not ******* good enough.. simple and straight forward as that I'm afraid!!!

He was 5 defeats in 6 when we extended his contract. I'd suggest the board are a long way from sacking. 

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

We'll end up in league 1 then just in time for the 3rd of his transfer windows? Will this see is needed a further 6 windows?

6 places, 7 points from relegation and 2 games away from a transfer window with £12m on the hip after selling one of last year'a top scorers in this league. With a bloke in charge who last year, with less time and no transfer window, who steered us clear from relegation. 

Seriously, if we are in such a dog fight, LJ has the experience anyway of leading a team in dire form, dire confidence, to safety. 

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Not a chance at this time.

Will be the last thing Lansdown want's to do.

If we can manage to claw our way in to the bottom 3  in the next couple of months he might be under pressure.

But I think you'll all have to go along with it because the owner want's Lee for the long haul and I don't think he will sack him whatever happens this season.

Even if we fell into the bottom 3 late in the season.(witch I don't think will happen anyway :fingerscrossed:)

He's staying.

And that, as I have written on another thread, is the problem with City : SL

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No, the problem is fans - perhaps along with SL  in the past - get ahead of themselves in expectation far too quickly. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

6 places, 7 points from relegation and 2 games away from a transfer window with £12m on the hip after selling one of last year'a top scorers in this league. With a bloke in charge who last year, with less time and no transfer window, who steered us clear from relegation. 

Seriously, if we are in such a dog fight, LJ has the experience anyway of leading a team in dire form, dire confidence, to safety. 

If I was SL I wouldn't trust him with £12m. I like GON, Magnusson would benefit from a better central defensive partner, but can't think of another LJ signing thats seriously improved the team. And looking at team selection , neither can LJ

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Which shows the board are a bit loony tunes,absolutely no need for it.

Absolutely agree. I think the only way I could see it being justifiable is if to show the dressing room 'you're going before he is'. 

2 minutes ago, reddoc said:

If I was SL I wouldn't trust him with £12m. I like GON, Magnusson would benefit from a better central defensive partner, but can't think of another LJ signing thats seriously improved the team. And looking at team selection , neither can LJ

Said earlier in the week the man claimed he needed 3 transfer windows to get us where we need to be. That being so, understably, the first would be players that would see us compete but grow in to the first team, second would be littered with the same and experience and the third tying up loose ends. 

Being comfortably mid table, I'd say he's doing what he implied he would. Shame many thought we'd take a giant leap day one. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Said earlier in the week the man claimed he needed 3 transfer windows to get us where we need to be. That being so, understably, the first would be players that would see us compete but grow in to the first team, second would be littered with the same and experience and the third tying up loose ends. 

Being comfortably mid table, I'd say he's doing what he implied he would. Shame many thought we'd take a giant leap day one. 

I'm not feeling very comfortable at the moment. And it begs the question, how many transfer windows can you ask for as a manager? One of his better tactics I'd suggest.

3 minutes ago, reddoc said:

I'm not feeling very comfortable at the moment. And it begs the question, how many transfer windows can you ask for as a manager? One of his better tactics I'd suggest.

If a manager can't ask for 18m then isn't the problem expectations - that's really just one full season for a bloke hired in February. 

15 minutes ago, 29AR said:

No, the problem is fans - perhaps along with SL  in the past - get ahead of themselves in expectation far too quickly. 

Sorry but if the manager doesn't actually mean what he says then why say it?, he has never once said that he expected our season to go the way that it has, all he has ever said is that he expects us to be challenging and we ain't, the reaction is completely normal.

To say Bristol City aren't trigger-happy is a joke, right? We've had five different managers in the past five years! Personally, I think Lansdown would pull the trigger if we were in grave danger of going down. He wouldn't accept his shiny new stadium hosting matches in League One - it would be less than half-full! Like others on here, I'm not confident that another transfer window will make a lot of difference; with a couple of exceptions, our signings under LJ so far have flattered to deceive.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry but if the manager doesn't actually mean what he says then why say it?, he has never once said that he expected our season to go the way that it has, all he has ever said is that he expects us to be challenging and we ain't, the reaction is completely normal.

10points off playoffs, 20odd games left, we could well still challenge

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Ok Ivor I don't know what would be the right move at this time.

As for Lansdown being the problem what do you suggest ?  He sells the club and to who?

As I say I don't know the answers to how we step up to the next level, at times it looks like were moving forward then we hit the buffers.

Strangely unless we get relegated (god forbid) I think were still taking baby steps in the right direction.

Whether Lee is the man to turn us into a stable championship club and more who knows?

A lot would have him out of the door tomorrow.

But lets give him his three windows and then cast judgement, after all that's what he's asked to be judged on.

Archived