IGNORED

Scott Golbourne

Shuffle

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Thought Joe B was very good today. He has more in his locker than Scott 

Then you my friend don't have a clue! He was shit after 15 minutes (and that's being generous after two horrific crosses, then did **** all for the remaining 75) 

Did really well for their first goal as well :thumbsup: Don't let the bloke cross etc! 

give me golbourne every day, an actual left back!

3 minutes ago, super slick said:

Then you my friend don't have a clue! He was shit after 15 minutes (and that's being generous after two horrific crosses, then did **** all for the remaining 75) 

Did really well for their first goal as well :thumbsup: Don't let the bloke cross etc! 

Thought he was good compared to how awful he has been in previous games. I like Scott but he offers nowt going forward . And very true I have no clue, well spotted Sherlock!!

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Thought he was good compared to how awful he has been in previous games. I like Scott but he offers nowt going forward . And very true I have no clue, well spotted Sherlock!!

In all honesty what did Bryan offer going forward?? Not much at all!

Although Golbourne isn't the most effective attacking full back, he isn't any worse than Bryan going forward and stays solid defensively! 

saying that, give me Cunningham over both of them!

8 hours ago, super slick said:

In all honesty what did Bryan offer going forward?? Not much at all!

Although Golbourne isn't the most effective attacking full back, he isn't any worse than Bryan going forward and stays solid defensively! 

saying that, give me Cunningham over both of them!

Bryan looked very decent bombing forward and put in some decent crosses but as others have said he faded out of the game especially in the second 45. At one point in the second half Reid played the ball into space  on the left side expecting Bryan to be there. He wasn't.............:facepalm:

With Golbourne you get a more reliable defender but without him getting forward as much as Bryan does. He doesn't provide the same attacking threat. Maybe that's what behind him not being in the squad yesterday. 

I cant see why LJ doesnt play Golbourne at LB and Bryan on the left of midfield in front of him.

Not hindsight as I've posted this a few times recently, I simply have no idea why he isn't playing.

He is a 6/10, 7/10 Championship standard left back who concentrates mainly on what we currently struggle with, defending.

However it has become clear this season (presumably because he didn't sign him),  that he is one of LJ's obvious scapegoats and is dropped almost every time we lose a game or an alternative is available.

We need strengthening in January but personally I don't think we need a new left back.

9 hours ago, super slick said:

No he was average after the first twenty minutes. Very good first twenty offering width and variety. Took players on and played crosses in first time.

The other options do not.

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

I don't think LJ rated him as a modern full back. Does the simple things right . 

Think you hit the spot there. LJ is playing with no wide midfielders/ wingers. I suspect this is because the modern view is to flood central midfield and that will help you to  dominate possession. This means you need your full backs to give you width and get in crosses. JB is therefore a better fit. Thought he did well for the first third of the game but once we went behind and players heads dropped he faded - but then they pretty much all did.

10 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Think you hit the spot there. LJ is playing with no wide midfielders/ wingers. I suspect this is because the modern view is to flood central midfield and that will help you to  dominate possession. This means you need your full backs to give you width and get in crosses. JB is therefore a better fit. Thought he did well for the first third of the game but once we went behind and players heads dropped he faded - but then they pretty much all did.

Love to see crosses into the box but with only Tammy up front on his own, what's the point?

15 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well we often dominate possession like we did Saturday but it's like an old gigolo impressing the ladies with his charm but in the bit that matters he int much use .

( This is not autobiographical ! ) 

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bryan looked very decent bombing forward and put in some decent crosses but as others have said he faded out of the game especially in the second 45. At one point in the second half Reid played the ball into space  on the left side expecting Bryan to be there. He wasn't.............:facepalm:

With Golbourne you get a more reliable defender but without him getting forward as much as Bryan does. He doesn't provide the same attacking threat. Maybe that's what behind him not being in the squad yesterday. 

I cant see why LJ doesnt play Golbourne at LB and Bryan on the left of midfield in front of him.

I have been saying that for weeks. It seems obvious. 

43 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have been saying that for weeks. It seems obvious. 

Someone said to me recently that he felt that LJ  "over complicates what is a simple game" and that it's  "analysis got mad" 

He may well have a point.

I think we'd all be surprised if w saw a LJ team playing 4-4-2. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

True. I don't see Tammy as physically strong enough yet to trouble big centre halves. He's got the height but not strength and that makes a difference.

But if Tammy wants to stay at Chelsea or many other prem teams he needs to play as one up front. Granted their midfielders and wide players bomb forward but how many Prem teams play two up front? Hopefully his strength will improve. Just hope he's not going to be another Caulker great with us but never reached the heights we all thought he would do. 

One of our issues is players play too deep. If Tomlin wants to play in the hole then he needs to play there not come back to our 18 yeard box and play from there. 

Back to the LB issue. I get the impression that Bryan does not like that position and is making a case (wrongly) that he wants to play more forward. 

I would start with Goldbourne and maybe use Bryan as a more impact sub to open up the final third of the game. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Someone said to me recently that he felt that LJ  "over complicates what is a simple game" and that it's  "analysis got mad" 

He may well have a point.

I think we'd all be surprised if w saw a LJ team playing 4-4-2. 

Ipswich and Huddersfield? Also the whole of Barnsley last season?

On 12/18/2016 at 11:34, shelts said:

I see a good player in their , low on confidence but coming back to a little better form. Thought he has been a lot worse. Was he our worst player?

Definitely, especially when they changed formation and he was constantly out of position.  Compared to me he's an amazing player.  Good enough for the Championship?  Probably not.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 09:59, Robbored said:

It wasn't a bad pass by Reid then?

34 minutes ago, cockneydave said:

It wasn't a bad pass by Reid then?

Reid didn't look before he layed the ball out left so yeah you could say it his was fault. The real question is why did Reid assume Bryan would be there? He was clearly expecting to find Bryan on the over lap.

Bryan was actually 40 odd yards further back in the LB position.

Archived