IGNORED

Wes Burns

Shuffle

Was really hoping that with his pace that he could become an asset for us but looking at feedback from Aberdeen fans, a number are saying send him back to us. Now he could come back and make a success of his career but the one thing we are missing in the team is pace which Wes has in abundance but suspect we won't be seeing it here.

15 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Was really hoping that with his pace that he could become an asset for us but looking at feedback from Aberdeen fans, a number are saying send him back to us. Now he could come back and make a success of his career but the one thing we are missing in the team is pace which Wes has in abundance but suspect we won't be seeing it here.

If you are relying on Wes Burns as your saviour, to come back and change our fortunes, then we may as well start pre-loading all the league one grounds into the team coach sat nav now..! 

He showed promise initially but his spell in a poor Scottish league has only confirmed that he is not good enough for anything above L1 or L2 standard.

It's a shame but we can keep expecting sub standard players to improve us! 

24 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Thank god. It's bad enough on sky when you can watch every angle of it. 

I've regularly been up to follow Partick Thistle (long story) home and away since the late '80s....I don't agree with the seemingly common view that Scottish football is dire, I've seen fantastic games and brilliant players.

With a population lower than London, Scotland punches above its weight in the world of football and they were way ahead of England in the late 70s and 80s - qualifying for every World Cup Finals tournament from 1974 to 1990, and again in 1998,

I'm not claiming that Scotland is some sort of global football powerhouse, but the standard ain't as bad as people claim, for a very small country they do alright...

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've regularly been up to follow Partick Thistle (long story) home and away since the late '80s....I don't agree with the seemingly common view that Scottish football is dire, I've seen fantastic games and brilliant players.

With a population lower than London, Scotland punches above its weight in the world of football and they were way ahead of England in the late 70s and 80s - qualifying for every World Cup Finals tournament from 1974 to 1990, and again in 1998,

I'm not claiming that Scotland is some sort of global football powerhouse, but the standard ain't as bad as people claim, for a very small country they do alright...

Take your point on board. 

So, has he played regularly ?

How many assists has he got?

Number of goals? 

Has his final ball improved?

Is he able to anticipate rather than react to a situation following his move?

is he better than what we've got or on a par/worse?

Can he assist in stopping the rot?

How has he played against Rangers and Celtic?

3 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Take your point on board. 

So, has he played regularly ?

How many assists has he got?

Number of goals? 

Has his final ball improved?

Is he able to anticipate rather than react to a situation following his move?

is he better than what we've got or on a par/worse?

Can he assist in stopping the rot?

How has he played against Rangers and Celtic?

As you know, I was commenting on your statement that the SPL is the same standard that 'Forest Green play at' - so how on earth do you expect me to know the answers to your questions on WB?l

You dismissed Scottish football in general, I defended it....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As you know, I was commenting on your statement that the SPL is the same standard that 'Forest Green play at' - so how on earth do you expect me to know the answers to your questions on WB?l

You dismissed Scottish football in general, I defended it....

Apologies. Thought you were in the know as you mentioned you followed it. 

Ill stick to my view that it's crap. Patrick Thistle must be on a par with Long Ashton Reserves. 

Regardless, not heard anything about Burns from his time up there. Not the answer for me. 

3 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Apologies. Thought you were in the know as you mentioned you followed it. 

Ill stick to my view that it's crap. Patrick Thistle must be on a par with Long Ashton Reserves. 

Regardless, not heard anything about Burns from his time up there. Not the answer for me. 

Yes I do follow it, been to loads of games, but you asked me to give you specific stats on one Aberdeen player, even Jeff Stelling would struggle with that!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well I do know he's played over 20 games so far this season, scoring just the one goal, that one in the European tie when he came on in the 89th minute...

If he's started 20 odd games fair play to him. Yet I've not heard a whisper since his goal on one of his early appearances. 

I suspect he's started far less and been used more of sub than anything else. Which to me says he's no saviour. Be interested in the 20 odd games he's featured in, how many he has completed. 

Like I said though, for me, he's not going to drag us out of this slump. 

59 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ive seen a few games here and there this year and I'd say lower end Scottish prem sides are League Two standard. If Hamilton played Portsmouth I know who id back.. 

Archived