IGNORED

What are we doing differently compared to the start of the season?

ChippenhamRed

I wonder if the start of the season  just literally were more fit and just that bit extra ahead having a good pre season? I know it seems really simple reasons but it is such fine margins in this league.  

Kodjia is better then Tammy with his strength and shooting from outside the box but we also only have Reid feeding the ideal early killer passes for Tammy to run onto.  

Which goes back to what many people have said here, having out and out wingers to break with pace and feed Tammy and Reid quicker then Freeman running down the wing  and going down to the byline and only having Tammy in the box.  

3 hours ago, KingLear said:

Simply put, the goals from Abraham have dried up.

While there could be multiple reasons for that, he is still getting himself into goal-scoring positions and that's the main thing, hopefully he starts firing on all cylinders again soon (and gets a bit more luck).

I've mentioned it before but before the Cardiff game one of the pundits said that without Abraham's goals this season we'd be around 16th in the table (think we were around 6th at the time), now I think we can safely say that prediction has come to pass.

I don't think anyone, himself included, expected to come here and be the main striker in a Championship side at 19 years old, he needs some help to take the pressure off him and hopefully signing a striker in the window will help.

At the start of the season all his goals seemed to come from within the 6 yard box, little flicks, reaction headers etc.

At that stage of the season we seemed to be getting the ball into the box far more regularly. We even got to the byline and pulled balls back -shock horror-!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but to me all the chances TA is now missing are one on ones with the keeper, chances where he has to think what he's going to do, rather than the instinctive reactions he used earlier in the season by being in the right place and in the 6 yard box.

To me the answer is a simple one, we want goals from TA then start using width, starting with a right winger with pace who can cross the ball.

I think we are lacking width. We aren't crossing the ball as well nor as often. Look at Tammy's first 10 goals for us and the majority come from crosses into the box.

Wycombe - Goldbourne cross

Burton first goal- Hordur Long throw 

Burton Second goal- Kodjia cross 

Scunthorpe- Controlled Little's shot

Villa- Rebound from Tomlins shot

Rotherham- Set piece crossed in- scrappy in the box leads to tap in.

Sheffield Wednesday 1st goal: Cross from O'neil

Sheffield Wednesday 2nd: Rebound from Brownhill's  shot

Fulham league cup: Cross from O'Dowda

Fulham: Cross from Patterson

The thing looking at those involved with the goals... with the exception of O'neil, Tomlin and Hordur.... None of the others are regular starters!

Archived