IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Now OFFICIALLY SIGNED

JasonM88

Evening all , I think you will all be delighted to have Bailey at your club both on and off the pitch , he's been a tremendous servant to us over the last eight years and not many players make 200 + first team appearances and will go with any sensible Preston fans best wishes as he gave it his all every game I saw him play summed up by his superb performance in his farewell game at Burton last week , the reaction at the end told us fans present his end had come and he's joined a great club , beautiful city and I have no doubt he will become a real City favourite 

He is a whole hearted tough tackling centre half who needs to play on the left side at CH and has the ability of being in the right place at the right time and has gained us many a point with a last ditch tackle / block and I doubt you will ever see anything less than 100% , he is superb in the air for a relatively small centre half at a tad over 6 foot I would think , he's got a good engine , excellent turn of pace but the areas that hold him back from being a Premier League CH would be he is prone to giving away free kicks in dangerous areas and the odd red card / given away penalty but his game is about aggression to a degree but with age / continued coaching he will improve , his distribution is pretty average and hasn't from the games I have seen improved too much over the years but the positives outweigh the negatives and if he was on a 3 year remaining contract in the current market then I think Bailey would be a £2 Million pound player and likely to continue to grow as a player and we will miss him , superb person off the pitch and I can state that personally and will get a superb reception at Deepdale by the vast majority and will be a crowd pleaser at Ashton Gate ..... , he had decided a good few months ago he wanted a new challenge and I wish him all the luck and we didn't realise his dream of top flight football and I would be delighted to see him in the Prem in forthcoming seasons in the red of BCFC ....

Cheers 

Mortis

6 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Evening all , I think you will all be delighted to have Bailey at your club both on and off the pitch , he's been a tremendous servant to us over the last eight years and not many players make 200 + first team appearances and will go with any sensible Preston fans best wishes as he gave it his all every game I saw him play summed up by his superb performance in his farewell game at Burton last week , the reaction at the end told us fans present his end had come and he's joined a great club , beautiful city and I have no doubt he will become a real City favourite 

He is a whole hearted tough tackling centre half who needs to play on the left side at CH and has the ability of being in the right place at the right time and has gained us many a point with a last ditch tackle / block and I doubt you will ever see anything less than 100% , he is superb in the air for a relatively small centre half at a tad over 6 foot I would think , he's got a good engine , excellent turn of pace but the areas that hold him back from being a Premier League CH would be he is prone to giving away free kicks in dangerous areas and the odd red card / given away penalty but his game is about aggression to a degree but with age / continued coaching he will improve , his distribution is pretty average and hasn't from the games I have seen improved too much over the years but the positives outweigh the negatives and if he was on a 3 year remaining contract in the current market then I think Bailey would be a £2 Million pound player and likely to continue to grow as a player and we will miss him , superb person off the pitch and I can state that personally and will get a superb reception at Deepdale by the vast majority and will be a crowd pleaser at Ashton Gate ..... , he had decided a good few months ago he wanted a new challenge and I with him all the luck and we didn't realise his dream of top flight football and I would be delighted to see him in the Prem in forthcoming seasons in the red of BCFC ....

Cheers 

Mortis

Lovely post . I wish all fans had a little bit of what you've got myself included. Good luck for the rest of the season . 

49 minutes ago, Mortis said:

He is a whole hearted tough tackling centre half who needs to play on the left side at CH and has the ability of being in the right place at the right time and has gained us many a point with a last ditch tackle / block and I doubt you will ever see anything less than 100% , he is superb in the air for a relatively small centre half at a tad over 6 foot I would think , he's got a good engine , excellent turn of pace but the areas that hold him back from being a Premier League CH would be he is prone to giving away free kicks in dangerous areas and the odd red card / given away penalty but his game is about aggression to a degree but with age / continued coaching he will improve , his distribution is pretty average and hasn't from the games I have seen improved too much over the years but the positives outweigh the negatives and if he was on a 3 year remaining contract in the current market then I think Bailey would be a £2 Million pound player and likely to continue to grow as a player and we will miss him , superb person off the pitch and I can state that personally and will get a superb reception at Deepdale by the vast majority and will be a crowd pleaser at Ashton Gate ..... , he had decided a good few months ago he wanted a new challenge and I wish him all the luck and we didn't realise his dream of top flight football and I would be delighted to see him in the Prem in forthcoming seasons in the red of BCFC ....

Cheers 

Mortis

:clap:Excellent read thanks for that, nice to hear.

2 hours ago, WRERE said:

He's not 5ft 9 is he? I thought he was 6 ft. 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

5'9" - where the hell did that come from ? 

He's over 6'.

1 hour ago, TRL said:

Soccer base

Yes, I did get it from soccerbase.

I was curious as on the official site the club made a point of saying Djuric is 6ft 6in and Hegeler is 6ft 4in, but made no reference to Wright's height.

Then in his interview Wright says: "I am quite versatile, obviously I'm not the tallest of centre halves which sometimes can work in your favour and sometimes can't."

I did not check any other statistical sites so if it turns out that he is 6ft then apologies for the confusion.

11 hours ago, Mortis said:

Cheers 

Mortis

Good post and what seems like a balanced assessment. Good luck today, would love to see you guys cut Arsenal down :) 

Archived