IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Now OFFICIALLY SIGNED

JasonM88

He's definitely on his way. You would be looking at 2-3 million if he didn't have just six months left on his contract. We had a fans forum a week or so ago and Simon Grayson said he was China bound 30-40k per week. He's Australian which counts as home grown in China and they have to have something like 6 or 7 home grown players in their starting 11.

On 19/12/2016 at 09:29, langy@pne said:

He's definitely on his way. You would be looking at 2-3 million if he didn't have just six months left on his contract. We had a fans forum a week or so ago and Simon Grayson said he was China bound 30-40k per week. He's Australian which counts as home grown in China and they have to have something like 6 or 7 home grown players in their starting 11.

Is that you Andy?

I'm not sure people have really got the grasp of these Twitter Transfer sites.  All they are doing is spreading rumours....from any source they can.  Some of course will be right, because the originally came from a reputable source, most won't because they come from your uncles mate who works with the tea ladies daughter who happened to hear the manager chatting to the chairman when she brought in the teatrolley with the custard creams on it.

They're great for adding some fuel that there are things going on behind the scenes, but little more than that.

General consensus at our end is that Bristol City are interested but it's just that at this stage.

Have to say, whilst your club is a big one with good fans which I respect a lot, I don't see this as a big forward move in his career in all honesty, if it were to happen.

What if you keep losing games under Johnson and continue sliding down the table? For now I think he's better off sticking with Simon Grayson.

10 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

General consensus at our end is that Bristol City are interested but it's just that at this stage.

Have to say, whilst your club is a big one with good fans which I respect a lot, I don't see this as a big forward move in his career in all honesty, if it were to happen.

What if you keep losing games under Johnson and continue sliding down the table? For now I think he's better off sticking with Simon Grayson.

I think most people would agree it's a sideways move, suspect we'd pay more, if that is his primary concern

Not someone I've noticed before, is he any good? Can't imagine that centre half is our top priority for strengthening, so guessing LJ sees him as an upgrade on what we have

48 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I think most people would agree it's a sideways move, suspect we'd pay more, if that is his primary concern

Not someone I've noticed before, is he any good? Can't imagine that centre half is our top priority for strengthening, so guessing LJ sees him as an upgrade on what we have

He's a good centre half at this level and is still fairly young. However he still has some bad habits to kick out of his game.

I see this has now made the Bristol Post. Does you local footy reporter actually have any sources or does he just make stories from twitter and forum rumours.

I seem to recall hearing a rumour at our end that PNE and Bristol City wanted Angus Gunn on loan from Man City in the summer so I posted it on here and suddenly it was in the Bristol Post.

13 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

He's a good centre half at this level and is still fairly young. However he still has some bad habits to kick out of his game.

I see this has now made the Bristol Post. Does you local footy reporter actually have any sources or does he just make stories from twitter and forum rumours.

I seem to recall hearing a rumour at our end that PNE and Bristol City wanted Angus Gunn on loan from Man City in the summer so I posted it on here and suddenly it was in the Bristol Post.

He denies it and blocked me on twitter for suggesting it but it's uncanny how many rumours put on here end up in that rag. 

52 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

You've seen the responses, the local rag is a mirror of this place. Pretty embarrassing really!

13 hours ago, Woodsy said:

You've seen the responses, the local rag is a mirror of this place. Pretty embarrassing really!

I'd go as far as saying there are better sources of information on here than in his paper. They are always second to the 'story' and at least 2 or 3 days behind.

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'd go as far as saying there are better sources of information on here than in his paper. They are always second to the 'story' and at least 2 or 3 days behind.

Yeah, can't disagree with that! Over the last 2 or 3 years 'insiders' on here are much closer to the truth. And quicker

16 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Damn , I could have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky supporters.

A .Stockhausen ( jurnalyst ) 

On 22/12/2016 at 18:30, Red Right Hand said:

And it`s never the other way round either. When was the last time there was a rumour in the EP that hadn`t already been on here?

The self regarding logic of this forum is a bit sad.

1) the Internet is full of football rumours

2) the Post is full of BCFC rumours that originate from the internet

3) OTIB is full of BCFC rumours that originate from the Internet

Why do people on OTIB assume the journalists have to bother with OTIB to find these readily available rumours?

17 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Why do people on OTIB assume the journalists have to bother with OTIB to find these readily available rumours?

I think it's timing. We find them on the internet and discuss them for a day or two then the Post has an article on the rumour after that. It's like they let OTIB do the searching on Twitter and other forums and then wrote what they want after we're 20 posts in discussing the likelihood. Which I guess, why wouldn't you? Makes the job easier but I think we all crave a Bristol city insider that gets us little bits of info before we see it on social media. My take on it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

The journos don't bother with OTIB ,they think of a name that might fit , say there 'may ' be interest , run an article on the said players career to date ,then the next day announce that Bristol City where never in for the player and that it was just media rumours .

Started by them , the little rascals and I thought journalism was hard work !

On 26/12/2016 at 13:40, Major Isewater said:

The journos don't bother with OTIB ,they think of a name that might fit , say there 'may ' be interest , run an article on the said players career to date ,then the next day announce that Bristol City where never in for the player and that it was just media rumours .

Started by them , the little rascals and I thought journalism was hard work !

Nah they actually do, I remember last summer (15/16) someone made up a rumour on here as an 'experiment' and the BP ran the story. Hilarious.

Archived