IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Now OFFICIALLY SIGNED

JasonM88

21 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I don't want to get into an argument about PNE vs Bristol City. As I've said before I like Bristol City and the fans, and I enjoy interacting with you all on here.

I think it's strange because you're 3 points off the relegation zone and are showing no sign of getting out of your bad run and your manager has never achieved anything in football management.

I think he'd have been better holding off until the summer. Bristol City do have more potential than PNE no doubt about that but are you showing any sign of fulfilling that at this stage?

Please you don't have to be so polite to 'tinman 85' every village needs there idiot if you know what I mean!!

4 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Feel free to copy and paste this in the main football chat section if a thread about Wright emerges. Will try to give my view on him as a player and his dramatic type at the club.

Wright has been with us since he was a teenager. He came over to the UK and failed in a trial at Blackburn Rovers, and we had a look and took a punt on him. He then progressed through our youth team and gained a pro contract, and was given his full debut under Darren Ferguson (yikes).

Despite what was becoming an extremely turbulent time for the club, with relegation, shit manager after shit manager, a takeover from Mr Hemmings after a winding up order, Wright continued to progress and showed signs that he could become a very good CB. Then came Graham Westley......................Wright did okay when GW first came in. However, rumour has it that he was deemed too small but GW and he wanted rid as part of the huge clearout in the summer of 2012. Our owner had a tip off from a contact that Wright could be worth a few £ in future, and fought Westley in order to keep him at the club. He was set to join Accy Stanley until this personal intervention from Hemmings.

He was one of our only good performers as the GW era came to a nasty end, and then when Simon Grayson came in, he became a main stay in the team. He became a top CB at L1 level and progressed hugely under Grayson. After the first full season under SG he went to the 2014 World Cup with the Aussies, didn't play but must have been a great experience. After promotion he signed a 2 year deal and stepped up to the Championship with relative ease compared to some of our other defenders. However with his contract due to expire in the summer, it has now become a bit of a saga and it seems that the club fancy cashing in. To be honest it's a shame that it's all ending like this and it seems a lot of games have been played between him, his agent and the club. He has the same agent as Garner, who was touting Garner around all summer looking for a move before Rangers came in. From listening to some interviews recently I don't think Simon is very happy with how it's all been handled.

As for his attributes, he's not the tallest centre back but he's strong, good in the air and reads the game well. He often steps out to break up play very well. His distribution is okay but his left foot is shocking and it was a constant irritation of supporters that he was played as the left sided CB when he just can't use it other than to launch it into the stands. Some areas of his game still need work. At set pieces he often wrestles defenders quite riskily, and he sometimes gives very silly free kicks away around the box.

He is a decent young defender at this level, with lots of room still for improvement. Not sure if he'll ever be Prem standard but he could become a very good Championship centre back.

As I've said, can't be arsed with a debate about the pros and cons of PNE, Bristol City etc. I do find it an odd move at this particular moment in time but good luck to him if that's what he thinks is best (apart from against us!).

Hope this is helpful/informative.

Well it is an odd move if a Chinese club were going to offer 30-40k a week, maybe its not the money

5 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Well it is an odd move if a Chinese club were going to offer 30-40k a week, maybe its not the money

There have been a lot of rumours about China, seemingly none have any substance. Probably his agent putting it out there to raise his demands.

31 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I don't want to get into an argument about PNE vs Bristol City. As I've said before I like Bristol City and the fans, and I enjoy interacting with you all on here.

I think it's strange because you're 3 points off the relegation zone and are showing no sign of getting out of your bad run and your manager has never achieved anything in football management.

I think he'd have been better holding off until the summer. Bristol City do have more potential than PNE no doubt about that but are you showing any sign of fulfilling that at this stage?

Perhaps when playing against us, he's seen our strengths and also our weaknesses.

Perhaps he's seen that he could be the cog that makes this team click again.

Perhaps like a lot of players and managers, he realises that we aren't far off being a decent side with a lot of potential.

If we were such a bad side and we had an awful manager...the coaching staff at Chelsea wouldn't let one of their brightest prospects develop for a season under us.

I spoke to a friend of Jaap Stam's yesterday, and he said that Stam had mentioned that we were one of the hardest teams to try and break down this season, and it was just inexperience that let them in. He was impressed by us...as are other managers and players.

It's only fans that see a winless streak and block out all the good points at a Club.

It's funny how we seem to be attracting more players this season, more so than when we went up from League 1.

Maybe the Pro's can see the difference in what we are trying to achieve and know the realities.

21 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

His distribution is okay but his left foot is shocking and it was a constant irritation of supporters that he was played as the left sided CB when he just can't use it other than to launch it into the stands.

Flint replacement after the AF, LT, GON bust ups?

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

Perhaps when playing against us, he's seen our strengths and also our weaknesses.

Perhaps he's seen that he could be the cog that makes this team click again.

Perhaps like a lot of players and managers, he realises that we aren't far off being a decent side with a lot of potential.

If we were such a bad side and we had an awful manager...the coaching staff at Chelsea wouldn't let one of their brightest prospects develop for a season under us.

I spoke to a friend of Jaap Stam's yesterday, and he said that Stam had mentioned that we were one of the hardest teams to try and break down this season, and it was just inexperience that let them in. He was impressed by us...as are other managers and players.

It's only fans that see a winless streak and block out all the good points at a Club.

It's funny how we seem to be attracting more players this season, more so than when we went up from League 1.

Maybe the Pro's can see the difference in what we are trying to achieve and know the realities.

I'm not sure I did "block out all the good points at a club". As for your other points -

If I was a player I'd be looking at the track record of managers, i.e. promotions. Not whether they've signed a kid from a big club on loan, although that might be LJ's biggest claim to fame thus far? He's not done much else other than spend 15 mil + and be 3 points off the drop.

Chelsea farm out 40+ players per season on loan, I don't see how having one makes you stand out.

You've attracted more players that's for sure, how many of them actually play/improve the first team from last season?

Anyway my opinion isn't valid as I'm not a pro as you suggest in your last sentence so I won't comment further on this particular PNE Bristol City attractiveness subject. As I said earlier in the thread I've no interest in debating the two clubs a lot I just wanted to tell you about the player.

7 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I'm not sure I did "block out all the good points at a club". As for your other points -

If I was a player I'd be looking at the track record of managers, i.e. promotions. No whether they've signed a kid from a big club on loan, although that might be LJ's biggest claim to fame thus far? He's not done much else other than spend 15 mil + and be 3 points off the drop.

Chelsea farm out 40+ players per season on loan, I don't see how having one makes you stand out.

You've attracted more players that's for sure, how many of them actually play/improve the first team from last season?

Anyway my opinion isn't valid as I'm not a pro as you suggest in your last sentence so I won't comment further on this particular PNE Bristol City attractiveness subject.

Well Reading aren't doing too bad with a guy who's never managed before in this league and who was only assistant manager before.

It's swings and roundabouts...they look at everything...not just the manager. Especially the coaching staff, who they have to work with everyday.

Don't shy away from posting...I enjoy your contributions, it's nice to hear from other fans on here.

16 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

If I was a player I'd be looking at the track record of managers, i.e. promotions. Not whether they've signed a kid from a big club on loan, although that might be LJ's biggest claim to fame thus far? He's not done much else other than spend 15 mil + and be 3 points off the drop.

Anyway my opinion isn't valid as I'm not a pro as you suggest in your last sentence so I won't comment further on this particular PNE Bristol City attractiveness subject. As I said earlier in the thread I've no interest in debating the two clubs a lot I just wanted to tell you about the player.

Perhaps it's the fact that Conte rates Tammy extremely highly, and was even considering him as part of the first team in their pre season tour. And also the fact that it took a hell of a lot of work to get Tammy on loan, presentations and all sorts. 

Archived