IGNORED

Flint to be sold?

ciderbeans

6 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

It's been well documented that interest in Flint is there.

With is having moore as a ready made replacement and looking at buying the likes of bailey wright at cb, coupled with a club like West Brom who were interested and have bids on for 3/4 players, could he be one out the door?

Thankfully Flinty's stature is a man and a half not 3/4.

Gobsmacked!! Flint is relied upon to do what a Championship centre half should do, tackle, head clear, press and play the ball to a player better equipped in the distribution stakes. He ALLOWS others to play by doing what he does. Staggered how critical so many of our supporters are about our players suggesting that relatively untested players would be better selections. If Flinty does go, within the next 2-3 years I'd wager he'd go to a bigger club than ours. Whatever 'failings' we have at the club at the moment. Flint ain't one of 'em in my opinion!!

38 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

Gobsmacked!! Flint is relied upon to do what a Championship centre half should do, tackle, head clear, press and play the ball to a player better equipped in the distribution stakes. He ALLOWS others to play by doing what he does. Staggered how critical so many of our supporters are about our players suggesting that relatively untested players would be better selections. If Flinty does go, within the next 2-3 years I'd wager he'd go to a bigger club than ours. Whatever 'failings' we have at the club at the moment. Flint ain't one of 'em in my opinion!!

Yep. It's the same as the 'Lucic is our best keeper argument'.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

with the way language is changing, texts, etc I wish you luck with your crusade 

Punctuation exists to aid understanding of the written word .

Obviously some folk struggle with the concept and what they wish to convey becomes vague or at worst dangerous .

I don't think there is ' snobism ' in play ,just a desire to understand what our contributors are trying to communicate .

I'd much rather bad grammar than a blank forum ,void of ideas but make an effort you rascals .

I am only speculating but I think a club like Sunderland or West Brom will come in for him for £15M. 

The signing of a contract extension is the club's insurance of getting full market value.

Everyone loves him and no one can stand in his way to play in the Premier league if an offer came in.

One thing is for sure, if he does move on he will have the utmost respect and blessing of all City fans unlike that shower of 5hite up the M4 we bought him from.

I for one hope he stays of course.

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

So you don't agree with him, so he should go to bed and log off?! 

If you applied that you everyone, we wouldn't have a forum left!

He's rambling on like he does when he's had too much to drink. Go see his posts tonight. The mods have already had his posts flagged to us this evening, just it was me who decided to give him a bit of friendly advice as the other mods/admin can vouch for. 

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

He's rambling on like he does when he's had too much to drink. Go see his posts tonight. The mods have already had his posts flagged to us this evening, just it was me who decided to give him a bit of friendly advice as the other mods/admin can vouch for. 

I've only read some of his posts, they seem fine. Even so, what harm is he doing? If people don't like his posts, put him on ignore. It is really that simple

Also can't sell Flint as there's no guarantee what we have waiting in the wings is any better.

Not saying he is the long-term future, but to suggest binning off a central defender mid-way through the season is a ludicrous idea regardless of their "level" or "potential". For a start, we've played half this season with him as the anchor of the spine of the team - with the amount our GK changes at the moment, changing CB will only unsettle the team further.

On 23/12/2016 at 11:48, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't accept we've got a ready made replacement and Flint remains one of our most consistent and important players.

You say he's reached the peak of his ability. Maybe, but that ability classes him as very competent CB at this level, and the positive affect on his team mates of his attitude and determination should not be under rated. Flint is very much the backbone of our team.

He would be a huge loss and would only leave for a bigger or better placed club.

That such a club might want him it says it all imo., despite some OTIBers being absolutely set on continuing to underappreciate his worth to the club. 

I don't think people unappreciated his worth to Bristol City at all. I think the vast majority of those who question a move away only do so because he's not good enough to play at a higher level. If he stays with us here at the bottom end of the Championship, Super. 

Archived