IGNORED

Team for Boxing Day

Linkedarm wall

10 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I would have rod in  goal one mistake against Brighton should not finish his career with us.  A decent keeper he is 

Whilst I also would have ROD over Lucic, it wasn't just the one mistake. Nonetheless he is a very competent goalkeeper at this level, good in my opinion, he just needs to find his confidence again. 

Its not a bad team that. Moore in the back three did well in that position in a previous game. Brownhill on the right is the same. Gets down the wing with pace. I would drop Freeman into a midfield of 5 with Bobby Reid told to get forward as often as poss. I would go for Pack over O'Neil purely for his heading ability as the team looks a bit short of big guys otherwise. I would put Enkvall alongside Abraham. He needs to start a game and be left in for 4/5 games to find his way. I believe he will come good but is being messed about at the minute. I think Tomlin is an exciting player but not sure we can play him until we pick up a bit. O'Dowda is another who has been messed about. He needs to play on the left side and again told he's in for the next 4/5 games. Tomlin to come on for the last 20. Pace is required in thus league. Just heard Ekstrand is fit. Could go for him over Moore but a tight call.

Is this going to be another regulation defeat at the hands of another average team, or are we going to show some fight? I am thinking Lee has to start turning things around soon, otherwise it is going to be curtains for him, the talk of players like Tomlin not being interested is a worry, and this could be the crux of what is going wrong, we have to be a unit, a team, not so sure we are.

Surely it can't get any worse in terms of performance tomorrow than the last two games. With that in mind I'm hoping for a dramatic improvement! Wishful thinking perhaps, however provided a few changes are made to the team I think we will do a lot better. Would like to see Brownhill, O'Dowda and Engvall given a decent chance tomorrow. Get some width and support Tammy up front.

Archived