IGNORED

George Michael RIP

RedM

listening to Radio 5 Live and they've been taking about it.   Unbelievable.   Don't really believe in the occult of anything supernatural but this year has been bizarre (if that is the operative word) for losing celebrities and famous names.    Can't remember anything like it.

Sorry to hear of this, he was a very good artist and songwriter.   The music industry has lost another star name and will be poorer for his passing.

Police say no suspicious circumstances.

RIP George. I'm a huge fan so I'm gutted. Not only was he a fantastic artist but he was also very dry and could take the piss out of anything (including himself - Google his video for 'Outside')

This is one of my fave videos of his. I've yet to hear or see anyone cover this song as well as George did it. There ain't many who can hit the same pitch as Freddie but George could.

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

With his history it's not a massive shock.  Expect the sickos who bet on deaths are high fiving. 

RIP George.  A very generous and kind man by all accounts 

Richard Osman (the lanky dude from Pointless) just posted on Twitter that apparently a woman went on Deal or no Deal intending to win about £15k for IVF cycles. She didn't win but the next day, George phoned the show in secret and sent the lady the money. 

Say what you like about his drug taking and driving (because those criticising have never driven at speed - bullshit) but he was a good person and that's what matters.

• The title was changed to George Michael RIP
28 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Richard Osman (the lanky dude from Pointless) just posted on Twitter that apparently a woman went on Deal or no Deal intending to win about £15k for IVF cycles. She didn't win but the next day, George phoned the show in secret and sent the lady the money. 

Say what you like about his drug taking and driving (because those criticising have never driven at speed - bullshit) but he was a good person and that's what matters.

I hope she got her baby. :sad26:

10 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Your right about driving at speed is bullshit,drink driving is a different matter,I can say I've never done that,George did

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Your right about driving at speed is bullshit,drink driving is a different matter,I can say I've never done that,George did

People have died from idiots speeding regardless whether under the influence or not. I'm sorry but in my book, speeding is just as bad as drink driving.

What a huge talent George was. Shocking to die at so young an age but I am sure his years of substance abuse played a part. Yes he had his demons and made some mistakes but show me any person who does not. RIP George and THANK YOU for the music. 

13 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

People have died from idiots speeding regardless whether under the influence or not. I'm sorry but in my book, speeding is just as bad as drink driving.

Speeding is Not just as bad as drink driving at all 

going 75 on the m5 is a little different to going 69 on the m5 after 6 pints 

15 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Speeding is Not just as bad as drink driving at all 

going 75 on the m5 is a little different to going 69 on the m5 after 6 pints 

Sorry to disappoint but in 2013 there were over 3,000 deaths related to driving at speed in the UK. In 2012, there were just under 300 drink driving related deaths in the UK

So yes. Speed is just as bad as drink driving.

41 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Sorry to disappoint but in 2013 there were over 3,000 deaths related to driving at speed in the UK. In 2012, there were just under 300 drink driving related deaths in the UK

So yes. Speed is just as bad as drink driving.

You won't change my mind, there is a huge difference between going slightly over the speed limit and knowingly getting in the car pissed up and driving - the punishments by law for speeding and drink driving would also agree with me 

The other day my 11 year old granddaughter was listening to Ernie by Benny Hill and when died in the song at the age of 52 she turned around to me and told me not to become a milkman, today I told her that next year I will not become a happy pop star.

RIP George 

Archived