IGNORED

"two more transfer windows needed"

headhunter

Correct me if I am wrong but LJ says it will take 2 more transfer windows to get the squad right. 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-city/transfers/verein/698 

Looking at the in-comings from the list in the above link I like probably most was impressed and the form in the first ten games supported that view.

Interestingly looking at the net transfer spend and adding in £3m for Bolaise and say £300k for Agard we are £6m in credit and that excludes any extras for Kodjia.

If we assume the squad is the right size now then the next 2 windows must see some well known faces from the past couple of years entering the departure lounge alongside some swift moving on of some more recent additions.

I predict gone by Aug 2017 the following: Little, Golbourne, Freeman, Paterson, Bryan, Tomlin, O'Neil, O'Donnell ,Engvall

Bryan is the new Skuse - I bet if you asked Cole if he should have left us a couple of years earlier he would say yes as the move to Ipswich benefited his career.

Tomlin is great but too much of a Maverick for LJ IMO.

We need 3 players in the £3m, price bracket who could walk into most championship sides straight away not more O'Dowda, Brownhill type signings if we are to progress

Bryan is the new Skuse? Presumably the only comparison is that he is harshly treated by some, unnecessarily?

this place is so fickle (not directly aimed at OP) He's been solid for us over the last few seasons from what I've seen and read on here, now we're going through a bad patch and he should leave?

same with ROD, best keeper in the league according to some earlier this season!

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So LJ will get rid of 4 players that he signed himself?

Can't see that would exactly vindicate this brave new world we were supposed to have entered..

Exactly. 

Can I ask what you see developing over the net 2 windows?

I wouldn't mind betting that Wilbs gets another year, sanctioned by SL, as he is good for the dressing room, akin to what Scott Murray got at similar age

59 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Exactly. 

I wouldn't mind betting that Wilbs gets another year, sanctioned by SL, as he is good for the dressing room, akin to what Scott Murray got at similar age

He's also good for goals!

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Exactly. 

More applicable to Carey I would say. Given at least 2 years too many out of sentiment imo. Hopefully we are more professional now.

Can see Tomlin going but I'd imagine Paterson as the like for like replacement. Can see ROD, Little and Freeman(contract situation?). GON has 2 years meaning next year is his last. I think he'll have to do quite a bit more to get an extension beyond next season. If Golbourne is happy with the situation then I think he'll stay. Can do a job. Bryan I think is rated by the staff and Engvall is one they bought specifically for beyond returns this season. Anyone else leaving would be because we got a massive bid for them. Or if we bring in more in similar positions and makes a few surplus. 

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Exactly. 

That would be a joke.....Were either ambitious or were not.

Said it a few times but is honestly the most bullshit "get out of jail free" statement any manager can make. You're basically saying I need 2 years, which no club is willing to give without any improvement. Added to the fact that you're saying you'll sell players you've signed already.

at this rate with LJ in charge we will be playing Tomlin CB, Flint LB, Reid as captain upfront and Bryan upfront whilst talking about the '1%s'

Archived