IGNORED

Should Aden Flint Be Dropped?

Unan

Should Aden Flint Be Dropped?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Why is that? The points I made were completely valid. When you're only left footed it results in difficulties when the ball is on your right side, simple football knowledge.

Your over-excessive criticism of Magnusson makes you look stupid. This is a criticism from someone who quite simply doesn't have a clue about the game.

I'll tell you what, if Flint's performance today means he deserves to be dropped then I need to spend the next few days coming up with an adequate punishment for the criminal performances the other three 'defenders' put in today.

Bryan is horrendously out of form and managing to make the simplest of tasks look incredibly difficult. Now I will admit that when Johnson stated that he saw Bryan's best position in future being at left back and that he had the ability to play in the Premier League in that position he was expressing an opinion that I had held for a while. However, as it stands, there is absolutely no way he deserves to be in the team at the moment and having him at fullback seems madness. We can all be guilty of managing to improve players in our heads when they are out of the team, but Golbourne is solid, dependable and a decent defender. He really should be way ahead of Bryan in that position. Bryan's poor form, Magnusson getting worse by the game, our inability to keep clean sheets and the overall struggle we find ourselves in means that for me, Golbourne playing ahead of Bryan is absolute no brainer.

Now like the majority I was really impressed with Magnusson in the first couple of months of the season. A good defender, composed on the ball and really impressing in the speed he managed to settle into another country and a different style of football. However since the international break after the Brighton game, he has been an absolute disaster area as far as I'm concerned. The first game after that was Birmingham in which he was poor, and he has got consistently worse since. Positionally he is awful, his confidence on the ball appears to get lower every week and his decision making is all over the place. I said after one of the home games before Christmas that Moore really impressed me at centre half against Hull and I would be seriously thinking about bringing him in alongside Flint, today's performance has only strengthened that view. (or maybe even Ekstrand assuming he isn't some sort of elaborate hoax)

As for Matthews it is probably best for me and him that I don't get started on the uninterested, unfit, embarrassment to his profession.

If you were looking to grade our defenders today. Flint would be top, fresh air second and whatever order you want the other three in below that I wouldn't particularly care.

Flint was decent today and cannot believe that people are saying drop him as he won everything but cannot cover for others.  The issue today was that down the wings we were exposed and no midfielder tucked in to double up with their £8m wingers.   Mags is struggling recently but cannot fault him today.

3 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Out defence isn't really the problem for once it's that the goals are drying upso for that reason Flint should stay in the team. I can't believe your critiscising him especially after he scored.

You are surely having a laugh? 2 goals away from home should always be enough to win a game, the whole back 4 need replacing, none of them are above league 1 standard

The problem is not Flint and mags it is the midfield in front of them prone to losing the ball too easily. Meaning the back four is left open and exposed. Pack not up to it O'Neil to slow Reid doing well but needs to have more awareness of what's around him. Let's hope transfer window introduces some sort of replacement 

Whilst I don't think Flint has been playing badly even if he has a dip of form.  We don't really have the players to give him a rest like with Tammy. Moore could be great I'm not against playing him but do we really want to risk him on our current form?  

I don't think the midfield can take all the flak, we win and lose as a team.  we need more width and to defend against opposite wide players. 

On 26/12/2016 at 17:08, Griffin said:

Chuck Moore & Lucic in and tell them they have a few weeks to impress.

Just be glad Griffin that you approached a, potentially controversial and divisive subject in such a simple, easy manner !!!!!!!!

No ' **** off Flint ' type rant ????? :blink:

Very Tame !!!!!!!!

:yes:

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

Absolutely not.

9 hours ago you were saying.......

"He is supposed to be a leader, a man who is long serving with a year of championship football under is belt.....a man who others look to for guidance, support and leadership.....well, he is offering nothing.

Earlier run of poor performances with mistake after mistake leading a defence that is ropey beyond belief......and then Saturday 

That reaction was a complete and utter ******* disgrace, if you react like that you know you are making it easy...is his heart not in it? Is he that arrogant that he feels he can't get away with it? I have never seen someone react like that and ultimately gift a penalty to the opposition.....you Aden Flint have a lot to answer for, you cost us."

.....and then back it up with this:

" I wouldn't say cleverer just with a firmer clearer understanding of football."

......and now you wouldn't want to see him dropped?

I don't think you even understand yourself.

17 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

9 hours ago you were saying.......

"He is supposed to be a leader, a man who is long serving with a year of championship football under is belt.....a man who others look to for guidance, support and leadership.....well, he is offering nothing.

Earlier run of poor performances with mistake after mistake leading a defence that is ropey beyond belief......and then Saturday 

That reaction was a complete and utter ******* disgrace, if you react like that you know you are making it easy...is his heart not in it? Is he that arrogant that he feels he can't get away with it? I have never seen someone react like that and ultimately gift a penalty to the opposition.....you Aden Flint have a lot to answer for, you cost us."

.....and then back it up with this:

" I wouldn't say cleverer just with a firmer clearer understanding of football."

......and now you wouldn't want to see him dropped?

I don't think you even understand yourself.

I think he was trying to be 'funny' RLL

Makes him even sadder and self obsessed than I realised from his earlier post

Archived