IGNORED

I don't get it?

Bs4Red

6 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Please don't take offense to this Loco but this is as blind a happy clapper post I've ever seen... support does not get results, a decent manager and team does!!!

And with support and confidence you can go on to great things - Leicester. 

8 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Please don't take offense to this Loco but this is as blind a happy clapper post I've ever seen... support does not get results, a decent manager and team does!!!

No worries bud - no offence taken. If it makes me a happy clapper that I find it amazing how quickly some of the fans on here turn on the manager and (some) of the players in such a short space of time - then I'm happy to take the 'happy clapper' label - I've been called a lot worse. 

I might disagree with your last comment about support not getting results. Quite often you hear managers and players being interviewed saying how important and how much of a positive impact fans support has on the performances (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying fans arent pasionate and dont want to not support the team - but on here at the moment it's very clear which way the axe is swinging. Guess it's impossible to pull out statics on it but if it does make a difference then I'm all for it.

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

How can you possibly want to sack the manager because we're in a poor run of form? This time last year we were bottom of the league and doomed and people still thought Cotts should stay 

We are still 7 points clear. We will turn this round and in my opinion LJ is the man to take us forward. 

Today wasn't great again but it is improving and it needs time. People need more trust and patience he will take us forward 

At what point do you sack him then? 6 in a row? 8? 11? And what exactly are we clear of, just months ago we were in the play offs. The players are failing and the manager doesn't know how to fix it. There is rot and it needs stopping. 

9 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

No worries bud - no offence taken. If it makes me a happy clapper that I find it amazing how quickly some of the fans on here turn on the manager and (some) of the players in such a short space of time - then I'm happy to take the 'happy clapper' label - I've been called a lot worse. 

I might disagree with your last comment about support not getting results. Quite often you hear managers and players being interviewed saying how important and how much of a positive impact fans support has on the performances (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying fans arent pasionate and dont want to not support the team - but on here at the moment it's very clear which way the axe is swinging. Guess it's impossible to pull out statics on it but if it does make a difference then I'm all for it.

Just for the record I would love to think our continued support would help Johnson succeed and get us through this god forsaken run of results... I just can't see it at the moment with his lack of conviction and the way the players attitudes seem to be changing towards him... 

let's hope it's just a bump in the road hey 

11 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

At what point do you sack him then? 6 in a row? 8? 11? And what exactly are we clear of, just months ago we were in the play offs. The players are failing and the manager doesn't know how to fix it. There is rot and it needs stopping. 

9 in a row weren't enough for his papa to go. Sticking with him then was no mistake. 

16 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

How can you possibly want to sack the manager because we're in a poor run of form? This time last year we were bottom of the league and doomed and people still thought Cotts should stay 

We are still 7 points clear. We will turn this round and in my opinion LJ is the man to take us forward. 

Today wasn't great again but it is improving and it needs time. People need more trust and patience he will take us forward 

Where exactly? 

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Truth is, if we'd signed either of those strikers, things would've been a lot rosier. Engvall was a waste of money

We don't know that yet. Yep, those two are excellent forwards at this level but that's the reason why one is at Newcastle and one is in the premier league. 

We don't have the clout to buy these players yet, we need to find them one move before they turn into excellent players at this level. Both of those players came from lower leagues.. looks like Hogan is another one.

But how can you say that, this time last year under SC we were in a far worse position. 

The things LJ is implementing on and off the pitch are making this club better, not just for now but for the future... Signings, training, physio etc 

He has said he wants three transfer windows... we have had one and are in a safe position in the league, we just need to add a couple more and mid table will be solidified by march. We need more faith 

On the pitch, we weren't in a 'far worse position' this time last season. I think we'd accrued six fewer points. Not massive progress is it?

His signings have been hit and miss (mainly miss), and as for the training and physio... Well judging by the last two months, they're not working either.

We're still (just about) in a safe position in the league because we made a good start to the season - just as we did under Derek McInnes, another inexperienced manager who people liked purely because he was young and highly rated. And like that fateful season, we've been in freefall ever since.

14 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Who has stopped supporting the team? That goes without saying. Questioning the position of the manager does not equate to not supporting the team. Two different things. In fact I would even say that, for some, questioning the position of a struggling manager is because they support the team and want the best for it.

For the record please don't assume this to mean I don't continue to back Johnson.

Agree - and am same. I have been vocal in defending managers on OTIB down the years, and as a matter of course still would be, but it may read otherwise at the moment simply because LJ is providing so much ammunition for criticism. Quite honestly I used to cringe at the knee jerk reactions on here about sacking managers but at this point I have every sympathy with the debate because it is so abundantly obvious that the problems start and finish with the manager.

In previous rocky times there has been plenty of discussion around whether it is the players, or manager, is it tactics or luck. From my perspective at least, this is the first time in a long time (I would say even more so than O'Driscoll, who had not re-built the team significantly) that the buck should quite so clearly stop with the manager. He has bought the players and is refusing to change his abysmal tactics. That at least makes the debate about his position fair game.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We don't know that yet. Yep, those two are excellent forwards at this level but that's the reason why one is at Newcastle and one is in the premier league. 

We don't have the clout to buy these players yet, we need to find them one move before they turn into excellent players at this level. Both of those players came from lower leagues.. looks like Hogan is another one.

To be fair, Cotterill did deliver exactly that kind of player: Jonathan Kodjia, one of the shrewdest signings in Bristol City history.

But how can you say that, this time last year under SC we were in a far worse position. 

The things LJ is implementing on and off the pitch are making this club better, not just for now but for the future... Signings, training, physio etc 

He has said he wants three transfer windows... we have had one and are in a safe position in the league, we just need to add a couple more and mid table will be solidified by march. We need more faith 

you cant be watching the same football as most of us no midfield spine no width an only one up front

16 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Lost 8 drawn 1 won 1 of last ten.

Question is, is this a bad run of form or semi meltdown that shows no sign of abating pre full meltdown?

Personally I have had a bad feeling a little while, but hope LJ can turn it around, but it needs to be quick now as many are restless and that will include some in the hierarchy!

We've only lost one game by more than one goal. 

It's an awful run of results, of course, but it's hardly like we are completely out of our depth. 

If we were losing 3/4 nil every week, LJ would have to go. We're not and I think people need to grow a pair, man up and get behind the team. 

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

To be fair, Cotterill did deliver exactly that kind of player: Jonathan Kodjia, one of the shrewdest signings in Bristol City history.

Not quite. Kodjia was a risk - with Gayle or Gray we could near enough guarantee 15-20 goals but no one knew how Kodjia would be. He was a relative unknown that we took a risk on which paid off massively.

Today wasn't great again but it is improving and it needs time. People need more trust and patience he will take us forward 

"People" - thousands of them - showed their "trust" last summer in shelling out hundreds of pounds for season tickets, and thousands of pounds for corporate  packages. 

The first "people" that need to be doing or giving "more" are the "people" in a position, and very well paid, to do something about this embarrassing run of form and worrying slide down the table. And that is not the "people" watching from the stands.

"Trust" is not won with words and talk. It is won with deeds. With what is done and achieved and demonstrable, as opposed to talk of what is hoped will be done and achieved and demonstrable.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not quite. Kodjia was a risk - with Gayle or Gray we could near enough guarantee 15-20 goals but no one knew how Kodjia would be. He was a relative unknown that we took a risk on which paid off massively.

But surely that would be the case with signing any player from the lower leagues. He delivered exactly what you said we should look for

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

But surely that would be the case with signing any player from the lower leagues. He delivered exactly what you said we should look for

I may have misunderstood what you were saying, I thought you were saying Kodjia was an established signing that guarantees goals.

or

were you implying Kodjia was a signing we needed to improve one step before the big boys (like Gray - Luton to Brentford or Gayle - Peterborough to Palace) - because if so I agree.

Wolves managed to stick 3 past us yesterday and have been dreadful up til now. This goes beyond having poor players, the players were good enough to have us up around the playoffs and competing well. This absolutely is a coaching problem, we are over complicating things, we have the players here for at least a mid table top 10 season, these players are much much better than 1 win in 10, no half decent side should be looking at those stats. I'm afraid it's the tinkering of the tactics, trying to be too clever, there is no need for it.

Colin had it right after the Cardiff game, "young managers like to try and play tippy tappy football", he needs to keep it extremely simple if he's going to survive.

23 minutes ago, screech said:

Wolves managed to stick 3 past us yesterday and have been dreadful up til now. This goes beyond having poor players, the players were good enough to have us up around the playoffs and competing well. This absolutely is a coaching problem, we are over complicating things, we have the players here for at least a mid table top 10 season, these players are much much better than 1 win in 10, no half decent side should be looking at those stats. I'm afraid it's the tinkering of the tactics, trying to be too clever, there is no need for it.

Colin had it right after the Cardiff game, "young managers like to try and play tippy tappy football", he needs to keep it extremely simple if he's going to survive.

Totally agree about keeping it simple. LJ is typical of the modern breed of manager/head coach who seem to tinker with formations and personnel for the sake of it half the time. It's almost as if he does it to try and look clever. 

One thing I would add is that while we do have good enough players to be doing a lot better than we are, we also lack leaders. We have a lot of 'nice' footballers but we don't have many who will roll their sleeves up, bark at the other players and grind things out when we're not playing well. O'Neill, Wilbs, Smith at his best and Flint are the only streetwise players we've got imo. Two of them are too old to play regularly, one is way below his best and that leaves us with Flint who has had a very up and down time this season. The rest are great to watch when on song but can disappear when things start going wrong. The Brentford and Preston games were both prime examples. 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

"People" - thousands of them - showed their "trust" last summer in shelling out hundreds of pounds for season tickets, and thousands of pounds for corporate  packages. 

The first "people" that need to be doing or giving "more" are the "people" in a position, and very well paid, to do something about this embarrassing run of form and worrying slide down the table. And that is not the "people" watching from the stands. 

"Trust" is not won with words and talk. It is won with deeds. With what is done and achieved and demonstrable, as opposed to talk of what is hoped will be done and achieved and demonstrable.

Best post that I've seen on here in a while.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We've only lost one game by more than one goal. 

It's an awful run of results, of course, but it's hardly like we are completely out of our depth. 

If we were losing 3/4 nil every week, LJ would have to go. We're not and I think people need to grow a pair, man up and get behind the team. 

People do get behind the team. Every game home and away. Another great away following yesterday  

The team needs to man up stop giving away silly goals and give the supporters something to really get behind could be argued too. I think you would agree I certainly think LJ agrees  

Either way some of the criticism is justified and no amount of pair growing by players and supporters changes that. As I said I hope LJ can turn it around but he is only a few defeats away from SL having to make a decision. I think LJ knows that too. Roll on Ipswich a win would be nice!

20 hours ago, bs3 said:

Maybe it because that LJ had a lot more backing from the board when it comes to signing players, and some of us feel Cotts was hung out to dry when we didn't sign any new players for the champions when are promotion was all but assured.

Sorry but Cotts was his own worst enemy, if you criticise your employers constantly in public there can only be one outcome .

Archived