IGNORED

LJ ain't going nowhere...!!!

brizzlelou

I'd suggest people pipe down with their nonsense about rowett or pardew coming here. LJ will be manager at the end of the season whether everybody likes it or not. He is a long term investment and that's the end of that.

I'll admit that I've lost a little confidence in LJ but there's no point in arguing about who could replace him and just accept that he's the head man and that's that.

so forget your Rowetts, Pardews and Pearsons.

51 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I'd suggest people pipe down with their nonsense about rowett or pardew coming here. LJ will be manager at the end of the season whether everybody likes it or not. He is a long term investment and that's the end of that.

I'll admit that I've lost a little confidence in LJ but there's no point in arguing about who could replace him and just accept that he's the head man and that's that.

so forget your Rowetts, Pardews and Pearsons.

well watch the stadium empty then

4 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

well watch the stadium empty then

Why would there be an empty stadium? 

What an embarrassment our fans are at times, I find it amazing that some seem to think we have this divine right to win everything these days.

You'd think we've never had these bad runs before and this was a new phenomenon 

9 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

What an embarrassment our fans are at times, I find it amazing that some seem to think we have this divine right to win everything these days.

We don't have a divine right to win every game but we certainly shouldn't expect to accept losing time and time again either? Somewhere in between isn't an unrealistic expectation.

This isn't about being delusional. W1 D1 L8 is not good enough at any club, and certainly not where a club has spent over 10 million. 

Good Post - LJ will not be sacked and even if we ended up in a relegation battle and / or got relegated, he would still be in charge,

That's not my wish, but that's the reality.

Let's just try and stick together as a club and I am sure we have the ability (with a few January additions) to end up between 12th and 16th in the table, come the end of the season,

With the Championship being the most competitive league in the world, I don't think we should moan if that's where we finish this season in view of the current form dip we have experienced since the Cardiff away game.

Onwards and Upwards! 

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We don't have a divine right to win every game but we certainly shouldn't expect to accept losing time and time again either? Somewhere in between isn't an unrealistic expectation.

This isn't about being delusional. W1 D1 L8 is not good enough at any club, and certainly not where a club has spent over 10 million. 

Of course not but we lost 9 in a row under GJ, we had some shocking runs under a number of managers in between the 2 Johnsons and no doubt before... some here seem to think its a new thing the way they go on about it. Unlike last season, you could say we have the means to get out of it under LJ, some say we hadn't played well all season.. I'd say we played well in most games but our finishing is letting us down. How many does Tammy miss 1 on 1? Reid missing from 2 yards? The chances are being created but not being stuck away.

To say we'll be playing in an empty is ludicrous and totally delusional considering where we are now and where we have been before. We were still getting 10000+ when were struggling (24th) in L1

16 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Oh and spending £10M doesn't guarantee you instant success, plenty of clubs have spent more than us trying to achieve the dream and failed haven't they?!

12 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Of course not but we lost 9 in a row under GJ, we had some shocking runs under a number of managers in between the 2 Johnsons and no doubt before... some here seem to think its a new thing the way they go on about it. Unlike last season, you could say we have the means to get out of it under LJ, some say we hadn't played well all season.. I'd say we played well in most games but our finishing is letting us down. How many does Tammy miss 1 on 1? Reid missing from 2 yards? The chances are being created but not being stuck away.

To say we'll be playing in an empty is ludicrous and totally delusional considering where we are now and where we have been before. We were still getting 10000+ when were struggling (24th) in L1

Agree with you re: playing to an empty stadium. We are hardly Charlton Athletic!

14 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

GJ had just taken over when we lost 9 in a row, After this we gradually got better and better gain promotion and almost made the big time..

how do you explain our current situation?

10 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Oh and spending £10M doesn't guarantee you instant success, plenty of clubs have spent more than us trying to achieve the dream and failed haven't they?!

It's not about the money that is spent it's about how well the individuals gel as a team. That is where the tactical genius comes in and LJ is believed to have that in abundance which is why we prized him away from Barnsley.

But £10 isn't a small spend for a small club. You would expect to see a return on investment against a gamble that big otherwise it's simply abysmal business!

9 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

It's not about the money that is spent it's about how well the individuals gel as a team. That is where the tactical genius comes in and LJ is believed to have that in abundance which is why we prized him away from Barnsley.

But £10 isn't a small spend for a small club. You would expect to see a return on investment against a gamble that big otherwise it's simply abysmal business!

If it was abysmal business then we would be propping up the Championship. I've seen so many times that we cannot compete in this league because we are not an established Championship club (yet) that we are competing against many bigger clubs for players and obviously a number of them are enjoying parachute payments from the PL so whats changed all of a sudden? Is it because we are on this horrendous run? 

My big criticism is of Tomlin apart from flashes of genius which he is more than capable of, he isn't half the player he was last season on loan... for a marquee signing he needs to do more in my view. 

There has been progress made but transfers of Magners, Engvall and Moore are more long term investments, thats a sizeable chunk of the 10M right there.. why the latter two don't play, thats for the Johnson himself to answer. But for my opinion FWIW, Magners has been a great signing so far but I wouldn't say either Engvall or Moore are a waste of money.

56 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

If it was abysmal business then we would be propping up the Championship. I've seen so many times that we cannot compete in this league because we are not an established Championship club (yet) that we are competing against many bigger clubs for players and obviously a number of them are enjoying parachute payments from the PL so whats changed all of a sudden? Is it because we are on this horrendous run? 

My big criticism is of Tomlin apart from flashes of genius which he is more than capable of, he isn't half the player he was last season on loan... for a marquee signing he needs to do more in my view. 

There has been progress made but transfers of Magners, Engvall and Moore are more long term investments, thats a sizeable chunk of the 10M right there.. why the latter two don't play, thats for the Johnson himself to answer. But for my opinion FWIW, Magners has been a great signing so far but I wouldn't say either Engvall or Moore are a waste of money.

Agreed...

I can understand the frustrations of supporters when losing...but it seems all sense and rationalisation goes out the window with those frustrations.

It's easy to go on a forum and just pick players, create formations, and for buying and 'getting rid of players'...they do it like it's some game of Top Trumps.

Apparently it's easy to create a magic formula for it all to work.

Just bring in any old manager available, and he can wave a wand, and all will be good in the world again...until the next bad run of form. :rolleyes:

Of course that manager will have lined up players to buy, to fit in with the building. He will have his own scouts he trusts, his own coaching staff, a whole load of agents he prefers, and may well not get on with the likes of MA etc. :rolleyes:

If this Club was being run unprofessionally and their was inner turmoil, then I'd get all the nonsense...but it isn't. We are improving in every department.

It's obvious to see we aren't far away from being a decent team...it's purely down to the quality of players we have right now. Too many errors, not enough consistency or quality.

This is where the likes of MA and Des will come in to their own. The next few transfer windows are vital for us. However we need those players to be available and to want to come here. Plus...every signing doesn't always work...much of it is a gamble.

I remember when SC came in and used the January transfer window very well, it changed our season for the better short term. Hopefully LJ and his team can bring in that added quality, even if their are more restrictions with the loan system.

We've got some good players in for the near future...we just need a few to come in now, that will make the difference this very minute. Easier said than done....

I loved the promotion season under SC but was forthright in my view by late autumn of the following season that he had to go - which of course he did

I welcomed LJ as he sounded a more modern thinking coach".  Now, like many, I am concerned.  

I have asked myself the question are SC and LJ bad managers/ coaches.  No I don't believe that, so the question arises then - what is the problem?

I believe the problem is the owner's business plan for the club.  Recruit youngsters and build around them.  I think this inevitably meant we would struggle at this level, whoever was manager. I now think SC's petulance and intransigence was because he realised that the business plan would not allow him to make City safe in this division.  LJ is a very different sort of person and far more pliable to the owner's plans.  He has already said that the January window will lead to more u23 signings and more experienced signings from abroad. Many of us doubt such an approach will necessarily work, even while hoping it will

We will have LJ next season whatever because he is our first coach to buy seriously into the business plan.  If the plan is to work long term we will have to settle for league 1 or even league 2 football for a while.  It could still go wrong for SC's promotion side looked unstoppable until they reached this level, and our record over the years of bringing on our own has been pitiful.

I live in hope but with lessening confidence in the general running of the club.

27 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I loved the promotion season under SC but was forthright in my view by late autumn of the following season that he had to go - which of course he did

I welcomed LJ as he sounded a more modern thinking coach".  Now, like many, I am concerned.  

I have asked myself the question are SC and LJ bad managers/ coaches.  No I don't believe that, so the question arises then - what is the problem?

I believe the problem is the owner's business plan for the club.  Recruit youngsters and build around them.  I think this inevitably meant we would struggle at this level, whoever was manager. I now think SC's petulance and intransigence was because he realised that the business plan would not allow him to make City safe in this division.  LJ is a very different sort of person and far more pliable to the owner's plans.  He has already said that the January window will lead to more u23 signings and more experienced signings from abroad. Many of us doubt such an approach will necessarily work, even while hoping it will

We will have LJ next season whatever because he is our first coach to buy seriously into the business plan.  If the plan is to work long term we will have to settle for league 1 or even league 2 football for a while.  It could still go wrong for SC's promotion side looked unstoppable until they reached this level, and our record over the years of bringing on our own has been pitiful.

I live in hope but with lessening confidence in the general running of the club.

Seriously? Settle for  L1 or even L2 football? :facepalm:

I think you're more questioning LJ's own abilities in some veiled way

15 minutes ago, PaulCheesley said:

Never ceases to amaze me how fickle football fans can be, lets try looking at the longer term for a change and get behind the manager, instead of this knee jerk short term nonsense!!

Agree, We have too many fickle "fans". Go and support Chelsea ffs!

This forum is all moan, moan, moan. Get behind the club. I am not sure about LJ also, BUT he is still a young manager learning his job. He won't be sacked by SL, end off!!!

11 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

people wont keep watching crap especially his inept tactics no width weak midfield oh an before you start average signings that just take up squad numbers  Happy clapper

40 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

people wont keep watching crap especially his inept tactics no width weak midfield oh an before you start average signings that just take up squad numbers  Happy clapper

Do you really think that all those things you said above would stop the loyal 15,000 fanbase going every home game? There's been worse times than being 17th in the championship..

This window will be important and it won't be easy to bring in:

- a proven Champ striker

- an experienced box-to-box midfielder

- etc

all other teams want them.  It won't be done on day one either!

In previous seasons we brought in the likes of Nosworthy, Elliott, Tomlin, Odemwingie, etc to give us that boost.  Off those I think only Tomlin got universal praise (albeit some highlighted his temperament), which just goes to show what are views can be counted for!!!!

Bringing in experience, doesn't mean abandoning the project either, just a temporary "change request" to straighten the ship.

Archived