IGNORED

Luke Ayling (Merged)

man in the middle

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Still can't help thinking that if we had Greg Cunningham at left back and Luke Ayling at right back we'd be doing more than ok this season....I know it's pointless looking back etc but those two in our team now? Would anyone on here turn that down?!

and Kod and Baldock up front  Adomah/Boliase out wide wouldn't be to shabby;;; but we are a business who must cash in on its assets; the difference between those who move forward is they keep their best we don't and never have.

Was a good player and was gutted to see him go, however....

Ayling on his day vs Matthews on his day, there is only one winner as far as I am concerned and that's Matthews. Therefore without the guarantee of regular football at the time Ayling wanted out and we would have been wrong to stand in his way.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but no one was to know Matthews would spend the first half of the season being shit and unfit. People saying it was a mistake now is an easy thing to say. At the time I was happy with Matthews in and Ayling out and I'm pretty sure most others were as well.

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Yet apparently he'd never be good enough as a RB according to some on here!

Quality player. How we've let go and retained Little and a 'cant be arsed' Matthews is beyond me. :grr:

Exactly, agree 100%. i can remember where a lot of posters saying he was not a championship standard right back, and wanted to move him to a holding midfield player :grr:

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Yet apparently he'd never be good enough as a RB according to some on here!

Quality player. How we've let go and retained Little and a 'cant be arsed' Matthews is beyond me. :grr:

Little was injured and had no apparent takers , Leeds were willing to pay a decent fee for Ayling at a time when we had secured an international right back from à Prem club and Luke could n't get à run in the first team.

We can't always keep everyone happy .

36 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

At the time I was happy with Matthews in and Ayling out and I'm pretty sure most others were as well.

Well I wasn't happy and I know quite a few others who weren't happy as well, so to say 'most others' were happy is a bit presumptuous....you can't possibly know what the majority of City fans felt at the time...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well I wasn't happy and I know quite a few others who weren't happy as well, so to say 'most others' were happy is a bit presumptuous....you can't possibly know what the majority of City fans felt at the time...

I was happy. Not happy your unhappy 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Do people think if he wasn't involved in pissgate . He wouldn't of been sold. I personally think it had a lot to do with it . Johnsons first big call . I'm the boss I will set the example 

Yeah agree, much more went on that day that was never told. But it's in the past now. 

Thought he had a decent game tonight, but wasn't really tested too often defensively otherwise he wouldn't have been so affective in the attacking third, which is where he stood out tonight 

He wanted to go - not much you can do when a players contract is running down, and they want a signing on fee and move because they think they will be back up for their position (and at the time Matthews looked like he was nailed on for the RB slot). So cannot blame him or the club.

Archived