IGNORED

Refund????

Rickyrobin

6 hours ago, Rickyrobin said:

I am astounded that as yet there seems to be no mention of a refund for the "loyal"470 fans that travelled up to Ipswich and again were subjected to an 80+ minute loss by 1 solitary goal!!

i personally didn't travel but feel for every single one of those that did!!

SL get your wallet out and refund all of them Ala PNE after the debarkel they witnessed at Sheffield Weds a few weeks ago!!!

Start looking after the fans that spend time and copious amounts of money on what is at the moment  substandard football!!

haaazzzzzzarrrrr!

Time to lay off the turps sun 

6 hours ago, Rickyrobin said:

I am astounded that as yet there seems to be no mention of a refund for the "loyal"470 fans that travelled up to Ipswich and again were subjected to an 80+ minute loss by 1 solitary goal!!

i personally didn't travel but feel for every single one of those that did!!

SL get your wallet out and refund all of them Ala PNE after the debarkel they witnessed at Sheffield Weds a few weeks ago!!!

Start looking after the fans that spend time and copious amounts of money on what is at the moment  substandard football!!

haaazzzzzzarrrrr!

Don't be an idiot . People like me go on our own accord. We aren't forced to go and also realise after 9 loses in 11 there was a good chance we would lose so just shut up or put up.

I've just approved 3 posts from @Rickyrobin, he/she did try respond but as they have to have their initial few posts moderator approved there was a delay (obviously like many we are a bit busy with the festive season right now) .

So let's give the benefit of the doubt, it is the season of goodwill after all, just about. We have enough stress with the football right now, let's not tear eachother to shreds on here too, please.

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Refund for what? We have always been total shit and fans are in this with open eyes I hope

As I established earlier we have not always been shit but 48 of the last 55 seasons we definitely have been!

What astounds me about this thread is that there are some serious answers talking about slippery slopes and not being forced etc. Bless!

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

As I established earlier we have not always been shit but 48 of the last 55 seasons we definitely have been!

What astounds me about this thread is that there are some serious answers talking about slippery slopes and not being forced etc. Bless!

I'll answer the slippery slope quote, as I believe you are indirectly quoting me. Say the club did appologise and offer refunds, then where would it stop? It would be a foolish admission in our current position. Thats why they would never do it. I do realise other clubs have made goodwill offers.

That's what I meant, but I think you understood that, Bless!

2 hours ago, Rickyrobin said:

Judging by the comments this post has not gone down well...

if I am honest it was said a little tongue in cheek.

All I was saying is that I feel sorry for the fans that travelled 5/6 hours for a 7:45 ko. I fully appreciate that all the fans travelling went to Ipswich knowing that we could potentially lose!!!! 

Other clubs in the past have given refunds for fans that have travelled    Similar distances and think that given the recent run of results and the fact that most of the 470 fans that attended have probably been to most of the last 10 games Deserve it! 

Onwards and upwards and I hope this terrible run ends against Reading! We owe them one!

COYR

Fair enough and a happy New Year to you. Following in your footsteps, I can appreciate the feelings of hardy City fans that returned from East Angrier.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'll answer the slippery slope quote, as I believe you are indirectly quoting me. Say the club did appologise and offer refunds, then where would it stop? It would be a foolish admission in our current position. Thats why they would never do it. I do realise other clubs have made goodwill offers.

That's what I meant, but I think you understood that, Bless!

I did of course.

Point is being crap is not a refund issue and would never be considered in a million years. If so you would be watching for free right now. Couple of players beating the crap out of each other maybe but only if the wages fines will cover it as they did recently, the club won't pay out of pocket. Thus the notion of refunding money for poor performance is moot and the notion that it is somehow a serious discussion is moot also (we lost at home to this team without either of the two forwards involved playing as we know just to emphasize how much you deserve a refund)

The original post is flawed in that regard hence my comments further up. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I did of course.

Point is being crap is not a refund issue and would never be considered in a million years. If so you would be watching for free right now. Couple of players beating the crap out of each other maybe but only if the wages fines will cover it as they did recently, the club won't pay out of pocket. Thus the notion of refunding money for poor performance is moot and the notion that it is somehow a serious discussion is moot also (we lost at home to this team without either of the two forwards involved playing as we know just to emphasize how much you deserve a refund)

So my comment is flawed!?

everyone is entitled to their own opinions... no offence was intended by making this thread.

I merely think that fans making 12 hour round trip after such a horrendous run of form should have the £32.50 fee for the ticket refunded by the club/ players that are earning thousands of ££££s.

i as we all have, have witnessed poor performances across the country and have never once thought about a refund!! As everyone bangs on about the fans go at free will and because they love the club, but on this occasion I feel strongly for those fans that travelled last night! Fair play to all that went. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I did of course.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions... no offence was intended by making this thread.

I merely think that fans making 12 hour round trip after such a horrendous run of form should have the £32.50 fee for the ticket refunded by the club/ players that are earning thousands of ££££s.

i as we all have, have witnessed poor performances across the country and have never once thought about a refund!! As everyone bangs on about the fans go at free will and because they love the club, but on this occasion I feel strongly for those fans that travelled last night! Fair play to all that went. 

31 minutes ago, Rickyrobin said:

Exactly that was your opinion. You expressed it. I expressed mine. That's what you do on a forum. 

I don't think anyone was offended, so don't beat yourself up there. 

We have witnessed many low points in my horribly long long time supporting the club. We have free will to go or not go, the guys went bless them, but there was more of a fighting chance they were going to get beat (scored by one of our former players :laugh:) before last night LLLLWLLLL. Now another L. We support our club through good and bad and to be frank most on here who are expressing a leaning toward LJ leaving will be cheering the team on Monday. 

Youll never get your money back after a poor performance and run. In all my years I have known one mass refund when I and many others were locked out against the Sags having bought tickets. 

Dont worry about refunds. Worry about results. Whatever you think about LJ get behind the team on Monday. Like most of the rest of us, whoever we may be. 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I did of course.

I think I have lost my way now, but got to say we didn't lose at home to Ipswich, it is the sole 'W' in a sea of 'L's' being quoted in many recent posts

Sorry to those who came over and felt they 'didn't get value for money' but seriously, what are you hoping to get out of this.

This reminds me of a game we played earlier this season, can't remember the opposition right now, but the standard of play was diabolical.   Away game of course, good distance from home and we were absolutely as poor as anyone can remember in all years of watching the team.     Remember being very animated as caught up in it all, and by rights the fans that day did deserve their money back, but on this occasion I don't feel the situation is quite as warranted.  

Clubs don't reimburse supporters on account of score or performance.   Be nice it if were true, but they'd be losing an awful lot of revenue if it were the case, with some teams in this division.  (!)

I completely agree with the original post. I would also like to make a claim for my money back for all the games I attended between the years 1982 and 1984. I am sure anyone else who remembers these games will agree they were pretty awful. I admit that due to inflation this may not result in a huge amount however it might just stretch to a four pack of Natch before the Reading game (providing the club can pull there finger out) Where can I collect or do they require bank details?

Archived