IGNORED

Didn't think I would ever say this

Top Robin

This isn't going to be popular, but I am thinking that for the long term good of the club it would be better if we lost the next couple of games as that would surely mean the end of Lee.

If we scrape one draw even, it will probably give him another few games grace which we will probably lose the majority of.

I hate to talk like this but I don't think Lee is the answer and the sooner we get someone decent in, the better.

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

This isn't going to be popular, but I am thinking that for the long term good of the club it would be better if we lost the next couple of games as that would surely mean the end of Lee.

If we scrape one draw even, it will probably give him another few games grace which we will probably lose the majority of.

I hate to talk like this but I don't think Lee is the answer and the sooner we get someone decent in, the better.

The problem is that with current owner/Board the chances of getting someone better, on past experience, is near to zero 

The board have nailed their colours to the post by handing out a 5 year contract. I think he will still be here even if we are relegated.

The sales pitch to the fans about LJ from the club is like nothing I have ever seen about a manager at AG.  It is clear he is here for the long run, or until he jumps ship after a upturn in results. He hasn't stayed anywhere long as he strives to move up the football pyramid.

8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Nonsense talk, I bet SL and the board aren't thinking that.

I'll give you Reading, I expect we'll lose that one, but I'm not prepared to sacrifice a little cup run, or take a defeat at home to Cardiff!!!

It's never better for the long term future of a club to lose a manager, especially a young one who will learn a great deal from this period.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I'll give you Reading, I expect we'll lose that one, but I'm not prepared to sacrifice a little cup run, or take a defeat at home to Cardiff!!!

It's never better for the long term future of a club to lose a manager, especially a young one who will learn a great deal from this period.

At the moment the only thing he is learning is how to consistently lose week in week out. 

8 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Blackburn are now winning, something has to change and fast.

Reading is now make or break.

Another defeat and hapless performance it's P45 time for the hobbit.

Not sure why the game on Monday is make or break. There are another 21 games to play after Reading. 

1 hour ago, TRL said:

The board have nailed their colours to the post by handing out a 5 year contract. I think he will still be here even if we are relegated.

The sales pitch to the fans about LJ from the club is like nothing I have ever seen about a manager at AG.  It is clear he is here for the long run, or until he jumps ship after a upturn in results. He hasn't stayed anywhere long as he strives to move up the football pyramid.

If we go down and he retains his job I will not be renewing my season ticket again... 

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Blackburn are now winning, something has to change and fast.

Reading is now make or break.

Another defeat and hapless performance it's P45 time for the hobbit.

Reading isn't make or break in any way, shape or form. What a ridiculous comment..! 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I can't agree with that . I want to go Monday and win . I want him to succeed. I want the club to succeed. It's a shame some fans are starting to turn. But everyone is entitled to there opinion. 

unfortunately our current form is turning me also. if my maths are right,the way we are going,we would collect 6 points from the next 20 games. has any team ever been that bad??

i feel LJ needs a little rest for a few games,go talent spotting or something and see if the players up their game  for Pembo. a few decent results would justify any cause for concerns,continued poor form would just prove the team as a whole arent good enough. the only way to please everyone would be a good display against reading with at least a draw i think. 

8 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

unfortunately our current form is turning me also. if my maths are right,the way we are going,we would collect 6 points from the next 20 games. has any team ever been that bad??

i feel LJ needs a little rest for a few games,go talent spotting or something and see if the players up their game  for Pembo. a few decent results would justify any cause for concerns,continued poor form would just prove the team as a whole arent good enough. the only way to please everyone would be a good display against reading with at least a draw i think. 

Well we certainly see the situation very differently. 

Think last night was the tipping point for most. 

I wasn't at the Preston game but after every other defeat the atmosphere has not been particularly negative towards the team or manager after the game, I'd expect this to change if we lose to reading. If we were to follow that up with a defeat to fleetwood I think it will turn toxic and think LJ's Position would be untenable. 

Before we were losing by the odd goal to top teams, and I'd seen enough 10/20 minute spells to make me think he could turn it around, but now we are losing games to teams in and around us from winning (wolves) or drawing positions late on. Need to be getting a point from those games as a minimum

i  was indifferent to his appointment, didn't see him as much of an improvement on cotteril. I would love him to succeed, but lose the next 2 and that is it for me. 

24 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I think it'd be best in the long-term interests of the club that we won the next two games, and maybe the next two or three after that, and end up finishing mid-table after a couple of quality additions in January.

I'd be disappointed if my view wasn't a popular one on a Bristol City fans forum.

Are you sure that you don`t write fantasy fiction?

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Totally agree , Tomlin has been proper shite 

Wow. Shocking even by otib standards. Firstly, having done most games this season home and away I would only ever want to see the team win. Secondly, I did not want LJ to be appointed but he was and thus I want him to succeed. If he is fired it should be based on his results and nothing else. Barring this run he has had a good record. Let's get behind him and hope he turns it round and does not fail. Wishing him failure is frankly awful....

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

What's his age got to do with it?

11 hours ago, Top Robin said:

So you actually want the club to lose the next couple of games so a manager can lose his job... what a belter of a fan you are wanting the club to fail for the greater good? :blink:

Also what makes you think it will be better in the long run? You have no idea

14 hours ago, Top Robin said:

From one Robin to anothet spot on

14 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Spot on from one Robin to another

Archived