IGNORED

Please do the right thing Lee

Top Robin

10 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

No manager will walk away, they wait to get sacked so they get their contract paid up.

Not sure how I feel about LJ. IF we could get Rowett I'd CONSIDER moving quickly for him. 

I want LJ to succeed but why we extended his contract I will never understand.

6 minutes ago, bs3 said:

He just signed an one year extension to his contract, he is not going to walk away.

He needs to do some negotiating with SL

3 minutes ago, Redandy said:

This has to be Lansdown's biggest mistake by a country mile and he has made a number. Johnson has reduced our team to a shambles. How are the players supposed to know what they are doing when it is clear the Manager is utterly clueless.

What about Keith Millen, Brain Tininion, O'Driscoll, Steve Coppell, he hasn't got a great track record of appointments.

9 minutes ago, Redandy said:

This has to be Lansdown's biggest mistake by a country mile and he has made a number. Johnson has reduced our team to a shambles. How are the players supposed to know what they are doing when it is clear the Manager is utterly clueless.

only city could possibly have done what they did, we are surely cursed. we have to do something doing nothing is NOT an option!!

Why would he walk away? He signed a contract and it's up to the club to go to him and come to an agreement to leave, if he walked away it would make him a man who doesn't want to fulfil his contract/a quitter, something far worse. LJ will stick to his job and keep pushing, if he deserves to walk so do a lot of our squad!

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why would he walk away? He signed a contract and it's up to the club to go to him and come to an agreement to leave, if he walked away it would make him a man who doesn't want to fulfil his contract/a quitter, something far worse. LJ will stick to his job and keep pushing, if he deserves to walk so do a lot of our squad!

Who knows what is in the finer details and clauses of that contract.

SL is an astute businessman and has probably put pen to many contracts over the years which I am sure have clauses in there which protect his arse if things go wrong.

In Lees contract there may well be details written which make it subject to performance, results, league position......and if not, there should have been! 

52 minutes ago, Redandy said:

Bear in mind, SL employs Ashton to 'run' the football side and he decided LJ was the man. I would blame Ashton on this occasion, not SL.

While I would have loved this to work, he's out of his depth and has to go, for the sake of the club.

5 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Bear in mind, SL employs Ashton to 'run' the football side and he decided LJ was the man. I would blame Ashton on this occasion, not SL.

While I would have loved this to work, he's out of his depth and has to go, for the sake of the club.

Have you remembered all the fawning over LJ Mr L has done in the past....  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mr Ashton was told who he was going to get,end of discussion.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

Have you remembered all the fawning over LJ Mr L has done in the past....  I wouldn't be at all surprise if Mr Ashton was told who he was going to get,end of discussion.

Not at all but I think it's wrong to apportion the blame for the appointment at SL's door this time when It was Ashton who supposedly said he was the right man.

If, as you say, Ashton was told what to do by SL, then he deserves all the criticism he gets, That's all.

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

From what LJ just said on the radio, he's going nowhere.

Even mentioned SL coming down to say how well he felt we played for 70 mins; make of that what you will.

No idea myself.  Expect him to be in charge for the Cardiff game at least. 

I make of it that they are just as deluded as each other

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Not at all but I think it's wrong to apportion the blame for the appointment at SL's door this time when It was Ashton who supposedly said he was the right man.

If, as you say, Ashton was told what to do by SL, then he deserves all the criticism he gets, That's all.

Oh I quite agree, if it was Ashton's appointment alone.  But i do not believe that to be the case,I am sure there was steer from the paymaster

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

You are a thoroughly decent bloke but out of your depth in this role.

For the goodness of Bristol City please resign.

No manager resigns FFS...he has just signed a 5 year contract, would you walk away from that severance pay?

if you say you would I won't believe you anyway

9 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

You are surprised that MA in his new role might say what the owner wanted him to say ?

Or thought he might say , 'I was told who the Head Coach would be ' ?

:blink:

25 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Who knows what is in the finer details and clauses of that contract.

SL is an astute businessman and has probably put pen to many contracts over the years which I am sure have clauses in there which protect his arse if things go wrong.

In Lees contract there may well be details written which make it subject to performance, results, league position......and if not, there should have been! 

I'm not saying there isn't but that doesn't change that it's Johnsons job to manage us and do his best, if the board sack him, fair enough but under no circumstances does he do anyone any favours if he walks away. If he walks he leaves the club without a manager and not when they expect it, if he's sacked then he's done all he can and the club have decided it's not enough. I don't think any manager should walk away whilst the board still stand with him.

Archived