IGNORED

Please do the right thing Lee

Top Robin

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You are surprised that MA in his new role might say what the owner wanted him to say ?

Or thought he might say , 'I was told who the Head Coach would be ' ?

:blink:

Of course not Bob, I'm just stating how it was reported publicly. I would hope that Ashton wasn't a total 'yes man' though.

38 minutes ago, samo II said:

From what LJ just said on the radio, he's going nowhere.

Even mentioned SL coming down to say how well he felt we played for 70 mins; make of that what you will.

No idea myself.  Expect him to be in charge for the Cardiff game at least. 

And that will be the game that decides his fate, a loss will see the end of LJ

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I make of it that they are just as deluded as each other

At this point I don't know what to think.

Yes; I would like us to have stability and build something for the long term.  And, yes; I hate the culture of boom'n'bust when it comes to serial sackings.

But we've gone from (an admittedly fortunate) position comfortably top half, to active relegation candidates (three points off the zone now, though our goal difference is good) - that speaks to something being very wrong.

I want to believe in a long term project, but much like when SO'D would point to that being the ultimate goal despite shit results, I'm not sure how long that argument runs for when you have to fight relegation.

I don't know.  I'm a more than a little confused as to what to think just now.  I also cannot believe we somehow beat a team 4-0 away this season; did that event even happen?  Was I dreaming?

44 minutes ago, shelts said:

Thought the game plan was sound. Our players yet again bottled out. Gutless and spineless 

The issue is there's only so much attempting to absorb pressure that will pay off. It was tactically inept to take both O'Dowda and Freeman, lost all width, pressure, and pace.

1 hour ago, Redandy said:

This has to be Lansdown's biggest mistake by a country mile and he has made a number. Johnson has reduced our team to a shambles. How are the players supposed to know what they are doing when it is clear the Manager is utterly clueless.

We were anything but a shambles today. 

Get a grip. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We were anything but a shambles today. 

Get a grip. 

2-0 up with 20mins to go? Two strikes from unmarked players in the centre of the box and the third politely invited to shoot by his generous hosts. Not shambolic?

20 minutes ago, Fuber said:

The issue is there's only so much attempting to absorb pressure that will pay off. It was tactically inept to take both O'Dowda and Freeman, lost all width, pressure, and pace.

O'Dowda was injured holding his side. I do think Wilber was the wrong move. We should still win today. Inept clueless spineless gutless players 

32 minutes ago, samo II said:

I don't know.  I'm a more than a little confused as to what to think just now.  I also cannot believe we somehow beat a team 4-0 away this season; did that event even happen?  Was I dreaming?

Funnily enough I was reading about that the other day and the interesting fact was that the midfield in that game has never played together since.

I must admit when I saw the team at 2 o'clock I assumed that was his resignation.

Smith brought back into the team? Pack out of the squad with no central midfielder on the bench? An out of form Joe Bryan in midfield? (who I actually thought had a good game and actually gave us some sort of counter attack which we haven't had in weeks) Taylor Moore out on loan? Adam ******* Matthews at centre half?!

4 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Funnily enough I was reading about that the other day and the interesting fact was that the midfield in that game has never played together since.

Really?

Christ.

Wasn't at the match, but listening to it, we sounded both in control and dangerous on every attack.

What happened?

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

Really?

Christ.

Wasn't at the match, but listening to it, we sounded both in control and dangerous on every attack.

What happened?

I watched the match on Fulhams own forum (60 minute highlights) and we were really good in the 2nd half.How times change........

4 hours ago, reddoc said:

2-0 up with 20mins to go? Two strikes from unmarked players in the centre of the box and the third politely invited to shoot by his generous hosts. Not shambolic?

No. I thought we were hard working, organised & committed. 

I know we lost, but it was harsh. Very harsh. 

I feel for every one of them tonight, including LJ. 

We will be fine if we play like we did today for the rest of the season. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Why would he walk away? He signed a contract 

because he's "emotionally intelligent"? I would be embarrassed being offered a contract extension, during a run as abysmal as this. And acutely aware of how this looks to supporters and their "feelings" about this. And probably the pros, like Tomlin, too. Which is why I'm not a coach in professional football.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yep

The way we played today didn't win us the game.

Yes we scored twice, but we invited Reading to come at us time and time again. We all knew they would score and most people probably thought they would still win the game before their first goal went in.

i wish I shared your optimism.

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The way we played today didn't win us the game.

Yes we scored twice, but we invited Reading to come at us time and time again. We all knew they would score and most people probably thought they would still win the game before their first goal went in.

i wish I shared your optimism.

I wouldn't call it optimism. I just don't think that yesterday's game (albeit gut wrenching result) looked like a team with nothing about it, who are doomed. 

These results need to improve, quickly, obviously. But I've seen enough City sides who have been relegation fodder and out of their depth in the past and I don't believe that this is one of them, despite the shocking run. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but im still behind LJ for now. 

I cannot recall any league game, in my very long time of supporting, where we were set up so defensively as to constantly invite the opposition on to us. 

It was embarrassing, we were playing Reading, who may be doing well at the moment, but are hardly running away with the league with Champions League style football.

8 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

because he's "emotionally intelligent"? I would be embarrassed being offered a contract extension, during a run as abysmal as this. And acutely aware of how this looks to supporters and their "feelings" about this. And probably the pros, like Tomlin, too. Which is why I'm not a coach in professional football.

and if he stays, turns the club around and proves himself? My point is no manager should walk away from their job, it shows a quitters mentality. If Alex Ferguson had quit when the supporters turned on him he never would have gone on to be one of the most successful managers of all time. I'm not saying that's what'll happen here but LJ needs to keep going until the option to keep going is taken from him. 

Archived