IGNORED

Mark Little

BCFC_Josh

It was defining for him, the team and the crowd in a sluggish start from both sides.  Well played #bulldozer :P

Thought Flint was decent, but too far away to get challenges in.  Opponents are clever about holding off running into the 6 yard box....we concede a lot from pull-backs.

Golbourne - decent again, composed on the ball, between him and Matthews, kept the dangerous McCleary at bay.

Matthews - organised well, did ok (better than I thought).  Haven't seen the goals back to see his part in them.

Smith - better than of late.  I thought his fouling was really annoying them.  Gave Matthews and Flint protection so that Kermogant couldn't get much into his feet or if he did, lay it off.

Brownhill - excellent until we went 442, when he ran out of support.  Really impressed with him today.

Bryan - not as good as Brownhill, but much, much better than of late.  Driving forward, when we pinched the ball.  Provided excellent screen in front of Matthews and Golbourne....until Freeman went off

O'Dowda - why hasn't he been playing.  Not saying he was fantastic, but neat and tidy, and happy with the ball.  Linked well with Litts.

Freeman - same as Bryan.  Real shame he went off.  Defining moment for me.

Abraham - worked his socks off, and 2 goals.

Fielding - disappointed with 3rd goal.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Sorry to say it wasn't strange; he was right. 

I would say  up to about 60 minutes we played on the counter, sat back and conceded possession  let Reading 'play' Without them having that many chances. Lots of people are moaning about how we played, but it's similar to how most championship rivals have played against us. 

Even Kermogant admitted on the bbc that they didn't have a good 1st half imposing there game....

"Our approach didn't work out for us in the first half and after falling 2-0 behind," the former Charlton and Bournemouth striker added. "But, after Bristol City started dropping back and giving us more time on the ball, I think we spent pretty much the rest of the game 35 yards out from their goal.

Sadly for us we don't have the  quality or experience to finish the job off.....

3 hours ago, spudski said:

I've been really critical of Mark Little in the past...not because he doesn't give 100%, but because I don't think he's good enough at this level on a consistent basis.

But what a great game he had today. He was busting a nut and getting stuck in,  winning the ball and showed great determination and aggression.

It really got the home supporters going...you could actually feel the energy build, and the positive energy from the stands move to the players. You could physically see them gain confidence. I actually put our two goal lead down to the energy and belief that came from Mark Little getting stuck in and the fans responding likewise...it was great to witness.

It actually got me out my seat at one point :laugh:

Unfortunately the next time I got out my seat, was in despair at watching no one pick up the midfield runner for Readings second goal...it felt like slow motion...a bad nightmare.

Perhaps Mark Little can show Korey how to tackle...unless the modern technique for a DM these days, is to just stand off your man by two yards, and wave your hands about by your sides whilst on your toes...God he frustrates me. Standing off your man and letting him choose a pass...what's the point :facepalm:

I said that at the time as well. If we had won that game I would've credited Mark Little with dragging us to it. 

13 hours ago, RedSA said:

I said that at the time as well. If we had won that game I would've credited Mark Little with dragging us to it. 

Didn`t stop the old tw*t near me in the SS not giving him credit for anything he did and giving him a load of abuse when one pass went put into touch rather than to another player.

He didn`t like being `corrected` by a few around him though.;)

Players need our support after all they are the lucky one's who represent the club we love.

It is so easy to be negative and Mark Little's had his detractors this season but I've never seen him put anything less than a 100% shift in. Sometimes we need to look what's in front of him. Like I said before he started slowly but after his two footed tackle got better and better.

In tough times its had to but let's all try to be a little more considerate about what we post.

19 hours ago, maxjak said:

According to Jaap Staam…….Reading controlled the entire game.  Which seems a strange thing to say considering they were 2-0 down until 72nd minute.  Is he right? Or is he full of Dutch Krentenkakker

I think we let them have the possession in areas where it didn't really matter, it was frustrating because I'd like to see us playing like that. They played a high energy passing game and it was impressive that they still had the energy to score 3 late goals.

17 hours ago, spudski said:

I've been really critical of Mark Little in the past...not because he doesn't give 100%, but because I don't think he's good enough at this level on a consistent basis.

But what a great game he had today. He was busting a nut and getting stuck in,  winning the ball and showed great determination and aggression.

It really got the home supporters going...you could actually feel the energy build, and the positive energy from the stands move to the players. You could physically see them gain confidence. I actually put our two goal lead down to the energy and belief that came from Mark Little getting stuck in and the fans responding likewise...it was great to witness.

It actually got me out my seat at one point :laugh:

Unfortunately the next time I got out my seat, was in despair at watching no one pick up the midfield runner for Readings second goal...it felt like slow motion...a bad nightmare.

Perhaps Mark Little can show Korey how to tackle...unless the modern technique for a DM these days, is to just stand off your man by two yards, and wave your hands about by your sides whilst on your toes...God he frustrates me. Standing off your man and letting him choose a pass...what's the point :facepalm:

His crunching tackle got the crowd going, it was flat until then. He had the Reading winger in his pocket for most of the game.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I think we let them have the possession in areas where it didn't really matter, it was frustrating because I'd like to see us playing like that. They played a high energy passing game and it was impressive that they still had the energy to score 3 late goals.

His crunching tackle got the crowd going, it was flat until then. He had the Reading winger in his pocket for most of the game.

The amazing thing about that tackle was that the ref let it go. Although it was clean as a whistle, refs usually blow up at full crunch contact.

Archived