IGNORED

Mark Little

BCFC_Josh

Little had one of his best games in a City shirt today, but he just doesn't produce anything half as good consistantly.

Bryan looked much better and happier being allowed to push forward. 

I heard good reports about Brownhill at Wolves & Ipswich and he certainly didn't disappoint today.

Flint mopped nearly everything that was both his and Matthew's

Korey looked like the old Korey for a while.

Freeman looked good linking up with Joe, we lost our edge when he was subbed.

Bobby & Wilbraham made no impact.

oh and Goldbourne did well too.

45 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

MOTM 1st half but Flint won it overall for me

It's a bit like those games where a team loses 8-0 and the keeper gets plaudits for all thee great saves he made. Two best players Little and Flint from a defence conceding 3 in 20 mins. We appear to prefer players who try hard to those that are actually any good.

Today was a great example of why I've been saying for weeks the defence is not the problem. Flint was a beast today and that was Little's best game since we've been up a division. It was the sitting deeper and doing nothing in midfield that cost us the game. For consistency I would love to add a report to match the last two away games but I have no idea where to add it. OTIB is overloaded. Suffice to say we played better than the last two away games but the conservative strategy and managers instructions that send the team deeper and deeper every game, are still costing us results. Today I supported LJ until I was hoarse but as well as some of the players tried, we got deeper and deeper and surrendered.

I've been really critical of Mark Little in the past...not because he doesn't give 100%, but because I don't think he's good enough at this level on a consistent basis.

But what a great game he had today. He was busting a nut and getting stuck in,  winning the ball and showed great determination and aggression.

It really got the home supporters going...you could actually feel the energy build, and the positive energy from the stands move to the players. You could physically see them gain confidence. I actually put our two goal lead down to the energy and belief that came from Mark Little getting stuck in and the fans responding likewise...it was great to witness.

It actually got me out my seat at one point :laugh:

Unfortunately the next time I got out my seat, was in despair at watching no one pick up the midfield runner for Readings second goal...it felt like slow motion...a bad nightmare.

Perhaps Mark Little can show Korey how to tackle...unless the modern technique for a DM these days, is to just stand off your man by two yards, and wave your hands about by your sides whilst on your toes...God he frustrates me. Standing off your man and letting him choose a pass...what's the point :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've been really critical of Mark Little in the past...not because he doesn't give 100%, but because I don't think he's good enough at this level on a consistent basis.

But what a great game he had today. He was busting a nut and getting stuck in,  winning the ball and showed great determination and aggression.

It really got the home supporters going...you could actually feel the energy build, and the positive energy from the stands move to the players. You could physically see them gain confidence. I actually put our two goal lead down to the energy and belief that came from Mark Little getting stuck in and the fans responding likewise...it was great to witness.

It actually got me out my seat at one point :laugh:

Unfortunately the next time I got out my seat, was in despair at watching no one pick up the midfield runner for Readings second goal...it felt like slow motion...a bad nightmare.

Perhaps Mark Little can show Korey how to tackle...unless the modern technique for a DM these days, is to just stand off your man by two yards, and wave your hands about by your sides whilst on your toes...God he frustrates me. Standing off your man and letting him choose a pass...what's the point :facepalm:

I would have you would be used to that this season, as I have said before far too many goals we concede come from this aberration whoever is playing in midfield, we are as soft as shit in midfield.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I would have you would be used to that this season, as I have said before far too many goals we concede come from this aberration whoever is playing in midfield, we are as soft as shit in midfield.

I do agree with you mate...we have been powderpuff in midfield.

First half we were disciplined...but too many times it was the frailty of certain players that let us down and not the tactics, which I thought we got right today, considering our injuries.

God knows how Bryan got MoM...the amount of times he is unaware of players wide of him is not funny anymore. Reading noticed and started putting in balls towards the space between Bryan and Goldbourne...really pressured that space.

And how many times did he run behind an opposition player, so as not to receive a pass...I lost count. Either he's doing it on purpose or tactically infantile.

I thought Brownhill and O'dowda played well though.

The sooner we get these new signings in the better...it was men against boys come the end. Really felt for some of them though.

3 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

I honestly think that his crunching tackle in the first half changed the momentum of the half, got the crowd going and we took advantage!

By far his best performance in the championship and was my man of the match! 

Spot on. Certainly lifted my spirits albeit temporary!

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I do agree with you mate...we have been powderpuff in midfield.

First half we were disciplined...but too many times it was the frailty of certain players that let us down and not the tactics, which I thought we got right today, considering our injuries.

God knows how Bryan got MoM...the amount of times he is unaware of players wide of him is not funny anymore. Reading noticed and started putting in balls towards the space between Bryan and Goldbourne...really pressured that space.

And how many times did he run behind an opposition player, so as not to receive a pass...I lost count. Either he's doing it on purpose or tactically infantile.

I thought Brownhill and O'dowda played well though.

The sooner we get these new signings in the better...it was men against boys come the end. Really felt for some of them though.

The trouble is going to be is this a good time to bed in new probably foreign players into to such a soft touch of a team hindered by a tinkering manager?.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The trouble is going to be is this a good time to bed in new probably foreign players into to such a soft touch of a team hindered by a tinkering manager?.

We have to make changes mate...regardless of whether it's the right time. Hopefully they settle like Magners did. We look physically lightweight compared to so many Championship teams. It often looks like a team of munchkins in midfield.

Can't blame the players today for their effort and discipline...just a lack of quality and experience with some of them...which makes them not good enough at this level. Hopefully we either move them on, or they improve rapidly.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

We have to make changes mate...regardless of whether it's the right time. Hopefully they settle like Magners did. We look physically lightweight compared to so many Championship teams. It often looks like a team of munchkins in midfield.

Can't blame the players today for their effort and discipline...just a lack of quality and experience with some of them...which makes them not good enough at this level. Hopefully we either move them on, or they improve rapidly.

Oh I am well aware of the highlighted portion.

As for discipline what i'm reading is that the discipline disappeared after the substitutions and that along with our midfield softness is a recurring theme.

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

According to Jaap Staam…….Reading controlled the entire game.  Which seems a strange thing to say considering they were 2-0 down until 72nd minute.  Is he right? Or is he full of Dutch Krentenkakker

Sorry to say it wasn't strange; he was right. 

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Unfortunately Spudski I do.

Players as well as manager need to understand game management. As soon as the pen went in the players and management decided "that'll do".

It was clear to all that wasn't going to be enough. Reading dominated the game today and imposed in all positions at all times. They were only inches away from going in level at half time. 

My biggest criticism of LJ is equal in Matthews CB - an experiment which actually yielded better than could have expected - and not bringing Tomlin on straight after our penalty. Tomlin would've thrived coming on at 2-0, would've frustrated the HELL outta them and would have understood the leadership and game management needed in that situation. 

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Oh I am well aware of the highlighted portion.

As for discipline what i'm reading is that the discipline disappeared after the substitutions and that along with our midfield softness is a recurring theme.

Agreed...they lost their shape and just got deeper. The players fault imo. Look at Bryans reaction in the post match...says it all.

Archived