IGNORED

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Esmond Million's Bung

An oncoming train?

Always easy to make excuses after any one result. Not surprised we lost today. They benefited from having had the weekend off and were frankly a better side anyway. The manner of it was gutting however. LJ still looking like he is guessing his best team/formation, every game.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

LJ: "I'm not going to gloss over the form but I still see light at the end of the tunnel."

I'm dumbfounded after listening to his interview, anyone would think we just won our fifth game in a row. Everything sounded so rosy in LJ's world! Words fail me.

What I see at the end of the tunnel is at 2-0 I suspect more than a few still feared that we would not hold on, after their 1st goal that percentage rose to an incredibly high amount and at 2-2 an overwhelming majority of fans feared the worst, what I see is an overwhelmingly inevitability to our games recently and I also see our midfield at the end of the tunnel chasing shadows, slowly.

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I'm dumbfounded after listening to his interview, anyone would think we just won our fifth game in a row. Everything sounded so rosy in LJ's world! Words fail me.

I agree Bill it sounded like an interview given in the death throws of any of our last 10 managers, it could have been any of them.

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

An oncoming train?

Always easy to make excuses after any one result. Not surprised we lost today. They benefited from having had the weekend off and were frankly a better side anyway. The manner of it was gutting however. LJ still looking like he is guessing his best team/formation, every game.

On coming train ? Hilarious , not.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Perhaps because we supplied almost 80 minutes of the perfect performance. Just 10 minutes to get right now. 

Lucky to get both goals. Keeper should've done better with our first & a penalty for the second. Still shit.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Perhaps because we supplied almost 80 minutes of the perfect performance. Just 10 minutes to get right now. 

That excuse is wearing thin though, we've heard it since the beginning of October and yet it is still happening with a predictable inevitability and that screams huge problem and not light at the end of the tunnel.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What ? they were all over us for most of the second half as we sat back and tried to soak it up with a seemingly 9 - 1 formation, no pressure, ball watching, the end result was inevitable.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Define perfect? Best not copy and paste, as i think you and the dictionary may differ slightly.

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We were awful, very lucky to be 2-0 up and then then gave 3 goals away in the last 15.

If you call that 80 mins a perfect performance , you know absolutely nothing about football.

19 minutes ago, tts_city said:

What ? they were all over us for most of the second half as we sat back and tried to soak it up with a seemingly 9 - 1 formation, no pressure, ball watching, the end result was inevitable.

Depends on your definition of "all over us". It might not be what we're used to seeing as the home team, but in our situation / form, an expansive game would've got us picked off.

Just like first half they played the ball side to side in from of our back 10.  It was working pretty well, they weren't getting any decent service into Kermogant, their wide players were crossing from deep. The first goal started to show those spaces down the sides starting to open up.

The sub of Wilbs, should of as a minimum maintained the 4141, with Tammy being sacrificed to go wide left.  Not ideal, but would've kept the shape, and for me most importantly kept Brownhill and Bryan (who'd been excellent up to then) as the screens either side of Korey, but also those little pockets in front of Flint and Little on Brownhill's side and Matthews and Golbourne on Bryan's side.  5 strung across became 4, and more and more gaps were created.

I'd have rather seen us go 460 than 442.

Reading didn't change the way they played, so why did LJ change our formation....they created very few chances up to then.  At least make them try something different.

Archived