IGNORED

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Esmond Million's Bung

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Depends on your definition of "all over us". It might not be what we're used to seeing as the home team, but in our situation / form, an expansive game would've got us picked off.

Just like first half they played the ball side to side in from of our back 10.  It was working pretty well, they weren't getting any decent service into Kermogant, their wide players were crossing from deep. The first goal started to show those spaces down the sides starting to open up.

The sub of Wilbs, should of as a minimum maintained the 4141, with Tammy being sacrificed to go wide left.  Not ideal, but would've kept the shape, and for me most importantly kept Brownhill and Bryan (who'd been excellent up to then) as the screens either side of Korey, but also those little pockets in front of Flint and Little on Brownhill's side and Matthews and Golbourne on Bryan's side.  5 strung across became 4, and more and more gaps were created.

I'd have rather seen us go 460 than 442.

Reading didn't change the way they played, so why did LJ change our formation....they created very few chances up to then.  At least make them try something different.

We had 28% posession as the home team, we were under pressure for most of the second half, they stuck three goals in, im happy with "all over us".

We did play better at their place and only lost to a dive in the penalty area,today we were short of players and went for a workman type team and it worked to a point but yet again we lost to the odd goal remember no one has beaten us soundly in this run its always by the odd goal. 

15 minutes ago, bs3 said:

We were awful, very lucky to be 2-0 up and then then gave 3 goals away in the last 15.

If you call that 80 mins a perfect performance , you know absolutely nothing about football.

I know as much as any other****  on this forum, I am allowed my own ******* opinion, sorry if it doesn't conform those of you who had made up their mind what to post at 3pm 

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

"Steve popped down and said he was happy with 70 minutes of our play."

Just as well we have that 3 point cushion.

I've heard from a good source, that from January all games will only last 70 minutes. Even better, if you lose by only one goal your team will receive 4 points. The future sure looks bright for us :yes:

56 minutes ago, shelts said:

I think it's terrible that the players can't take responsibility. How many times have they let us down with minutes to go?

Time for them to step up to the mark and not let our manager take all the stick. 

A good start would be to get them fit enough to concentrate for 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, shelts said:

I think it's terrible that the players can't take responsibility. How many times have they let us down with minutes to go?

Time for them to step up to the mark and not let our manager take all the stick. 

Players never do have to take responsibility, it's only the manager at the end of the day, that is the way it is, just ask any one of our last 10 managers, all done for by players.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Perhaps because we supplied almost 80 minutes of the perfect performance. Just 10 minutes to get right now. 

It wasn't perfect though. We surrendered possession to an embarrassing level, scored two goals that were 100% Reading mistakes and then sat back because we were shattered from chasing the ball as the inevitable happened. Far from "perfect" in my view.

Archived