IGNORED

Why do you support the City?

Jerseybean

My blood is red, my family are Bristolians and there was never any choice as I was taken to Bournemouth in second round of the FA cup in 1964 kitted out with a red scarf knitted by mum and a red and white wooden rattle made by my dad, to see John Atyeo score because my dad said he scored every game. They won 3-0 I was hooked and the rest is history. 

Saw John Galley score two on his second match at the Gate against Brum - and I was hooked.  Coming up for 50 years - East End and now Dolman and hundreds of away games.  Being a City fan is the love of my life and I am as passionate in my support now as I have ever been.  Ups and downs aplenty, but always optimistic....next season we will....

My Dad is an Arsenal fan who moved to Bristol when he was young.

He took on City as a 'second side' as they also played in red and white.

I'm the first of my family from Bristol, and was taken to City for my first game in the late 90's (97-98ish I think), but have spent a lot of time watching the likes of Mangotsfield, Bristol Manor Farm and Hallen when we couldn't get to Ashton Gate so much, but while I wish those well, City are always number one.

I'm just glad my Dad wasn't a Spurs fan!

Archived